Crime for SY16 3HH
Street-level crime and anti-social behaviour in from the Home Office.
To protect privacy, crimes are mapped to points on or near the road where they occurred.
- All crime & ASB
- Public disorder & weapons
- Vehicle crime
- Criminal damage & arson
- Violent crime
- Other theft
- Other crime
Street name Crime type
Police station and neighbourhood policing team
Neighbourhood police station
- Telephone: 101
- Email: NewtownNPT@dyfed-powys.pnn.police.uk
Newtown neighbourhood policing team
- Inspector Matt Scrase
- Temporary Inspector Matt Scrase joined Surrey Police in 1994 following 16 years in the armed forces. He transferred to Dyfed-Powys Police in 2003 having had a varied career working in Personnel Support Units and Armed Response Units in both forces. He currently lives in Radnorshire although has some considerable experience of working in the Montgomery area as an Armed Response Unit supervisor and Acting Inspector.He hopes to undertake his role as the local Inspector by fully supporting the Neighbourhood Policing Teams to fully integrate themselves into their respective communities, building safer communities, providing customer satisfaction and continuing to work in partnership with other agencies.
- Sergeant Jonathan Rees
- As Supervisor of the Neighbourhood and Rural Policing Team, Sergeant Jonathan Rees is responsible for implementing and delivering ‘Community Policing’ throughout Montgomeryshire. Drawing on thirteen years of Police service within CID, Drug and Vehicle Crime Targeting Teams, Intelligence and Surveillance, Jonathan is eager to utilise his experience in seeking resolution to the variety of community Issues that arise.
- PCSO Graham Jennings
- As a Police Community Support Officer within Newtown, Graham has the additional responsibility as Community contact for Treowen, Garthowen, Maesyrhandir and Mochdre. As a local community member, Graham has forged vital links with partnership agencies and organisations with the aim of delivering solutions to local issues.
- PCSO Geraldine Jones
- PCSO Geraldine Jones joined the Neighbourhood Policing Team in October 2012 for Newtown Town.Geraldine is local to the area and has worked for Dyfed Powys Police for over 20 years.She enjoys interacting with the public, problem solving and team work.
About this neighbourhood
The force responsible for policing and crime prevention in this area is Dyfed Powys Police.