Man seriously injured with electrical burns near Tredegar
12:06pm Friday 11th October 2013 in News
GWENT Police are reminding people of the dangers of attempting to tamper or steal live wire/ cabling following an incident in Tredegar this morning which resulted in a 35-year-old man local man sustaining serious burns.
The incident occurred at the building site on the Heads of the Valleys road near Tredegar at 2am this morning, Friday 11th October.
The 35-year-old man was taken to Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr Tydfil and later transferred to Morriston Hospital in Swansea. His injuries are serious but not said to be life threatening.
Chief Inspector Matthew Williams said: "We are continuing our efforts to raise awareness of the dangers of tampering with live cabling.
"Those who tamper with, or attempt to steal cable/wiring are putting their lives at serious risk. Anyone who thinks that stealing metal or cables is easy money, should think about whether it is worth risking their life for, because that is a very real possibility."
Comments are closed on this article.