Ebbw Vale girl saves sister's life with first aid
8:40am Tuesday 3rd December 2013 in News
A SEVEN-YEAR-OLD girl saved her sister’s life with her knowledge of first aid.
Katelyn Lloyd, of Ebbw Vale, was with sister Sky, three, in the back of their mum’s car whenshe started to fit. Katelyn had been volunteering for two weeks with the Ebbw Vale division of St John Cymru Wales and knew how to treat her sister. Tasha Lloyd, 24, the girls’ mum, said: “Katelyn made sure Sky’s airways were open and she wasn’t choking on her vomit.”
Sky was taken to hospital and has recovered from a febrile convulsion caused by an ear infection.
Comments are closed on this article.