1,000 support Monmouthshire Hunt in Abergavenny on Boxing Day

South Wales Argus: Boxing Day Monmouthshire Hunt - Abergavenny. The hounds lead the horses down Cross Street in Abergavenny. (3157924) Boxing Day Monmouthshire Hunt - Abergavenny. The hounds lead the horses down Cross Street in Abergavenny. (3157924)

ALMOST 1,000 people turned out to see the annual Abergavenny Boxing Day Hunt take place today.

Around 70 riders and hounds gathered outside the Angel Hotel on Cross Street, Abergavenny, for the 11.30am start. The hunt was led by Matthew Hickmott, who has been huntsman since 2003, and saw a numer of riding clubs and equestrian centres take part.

The Monmouthshire Hunt, organised by the Abergavenny Hunt Committee, has been taking place since the 1700s.

Just under a thousand people lined the streets of the town to watch the hunt gather.

Among those on horseback was little Phoenix-Phiél Parry, two , from Abergavenny on her pony Ellie, at her first ever hunt.

Proud mum Myscha Dene, 24, who was leading Phoenix, said: “She’s here with Triley Fields Equestrian Centre. This is her first ever hunt, but I’ve always come along since I was a child, and taken part too, so it’s part of our family Christmas tradition really.

“It’s really nice to see so many people turning out to support the hunt.

“Phoenix first sat on a horse before her first birthday, and she’s started riding regularly in the past six months0 She loves it.”

She added: “There’s always a good turn out, but it’s nice to see so many here today, especially with the controversy surrounding the hunt.”

Among the spectators, Tiffany Morgan, 26, from Abergavenny, was there to see her younger sister take part in the hunt. She said “We always come along to see the hunt, it’s a bit of a family tradition.

“It’s extra special this year as my sister Chelsea is taking part. There’s a really good turn out this year, it’s nice to see.”

Chris Thomas, 46, from Abergavenny, was watching the hunt, now a drag hunt since the fox hunting ban, with her family fore the first time. She said: “We’ve never been down to watch the hunt before, but there’s a really nice atmosphere. I can’t believe how many people have turned out, and there’s a real family-friendly feeling. People have bought the children down to see the horses, it’s lovely.”

Comments (70)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:46pm Thu 26 Dec 13

endthelies says...

I would never take my children to see a hunt and have them learn that's its perfectly ok to run down a defenceless animal and kill it for no other reason than sport. Awful, awful, awful.
I would never take my children to see a hunt and have them learn that's its perfectly ok to run down a defenceless animal and kill it for no other reason than sport. Awful, awful, awful. endthelies

4:52pm Thu 26 Dec 13

pillboy says...

Agree people who support this medieval barbarity probably pulled wings of butterflies and such when they were kids..
Agree people who support this medieval barbarity probably pulled wings of butterflies and such when they were kids.. pillboy

5:01pm Thu 26 Dec 13

Limestonecowboy says...

Fox hunting is illegal so not sure whether this is for show or drag hunting.
Fox hunting is illegal so not sure whether this is for show or drag hunting. Limestonecowboy

5:16pm Thu 26 Dec 13

endthelies says...

I think everyone knows what these 'hunts' represent, whether the killing of the animal is involved or not. Drag hunting is just following the scent but it still represents what it always has. The killing of an animal for sport. That's the purpose of a hunt and has been for centuries. Why you would want to teach your child this particular tradition is beyond me.
I think everyone knows what these 'hunts' represent, whether the killing of the animal is involved or not. Drag hunting is just following the scent but it still represents what it always has. The killing of an animal for sport. That's the purpose of a hunt and has been for centuries. Why you would want to teach your child this particular tradition is beyond me. endthelies

5:32pm Thu 26 Dec 13

endthelies says...

Limestonecowboy wrote:
Fox hunting is illegal so not sure whether this is for show or drag hunting.
I could be wrong, but I think the fox can still be killed, but it must be by gun and not the dogs. Still ends with a dead animal though.
[quote][p][bold]Limestonecowboy[/bold] wrote: Fox hunting is illegal so not sure whether this is for show or drag hunting.[/p][/quote]I could be wrong, but I think the fox can still be killed, but it must be by gun and not the dogs. Still ends with a dead animal though. endthelies

5:45pm Thu 26 Dec 13

Dai Rear says...

Usual stuff from the class warriors who are desperately exercised by the idea of dispatching a verminous canine but have no problem with killing a live human, for of course that's "wimmins' rights?"OR "a wimmin's choice" Spare us please. And,of course,turkey beef and lamb won't pass your leftist jowls this week.
Usual stuff from the class warriors who are desperately exercised by the idea of dispatching a verminous canine but have no problem with killing a live human, for of course that's "wimmins' rights?"OR "a wimmin's choice" Spare us please. And,of course,turkey beef and lamb won't pass your leftist jowls this week. Dai Rear

5:49pm Thu 26 Dec 13

Dai Rear says...

endthelies wrote:
Limestonecowboy wrote:
Fox hunting is illegal so not sure whether this is for show or drag hunting.
I could be wrong, but I think the fox can still be killed, but it must be by gun and not the dogs. Still ends with a dead animal though.
The article says it is a drag hunt, so who is the "dead animal"? Not Cherie Blair surely? We can all dream.
[quote][p][bold]endthelies[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Limestonecowboy[/bold] wrote: Fox hunting is illegal so not sure whether this is for show or drag hunting.[/p][/quote]I could be wrong, but I think the fox can still be killed, but it must be by gun and not the dogs. Still ends with a dead animal though.[/p][/quote]The article says it is a drag hunt, so who is the "dead animal"? Not Cherie Blair surely? We can all dream. Dai Rear

5:56pm Thu 26 Dec 13

pillboy says...

So Dai Rear thinks it's ok to chase a terrified animal until it's exhausted and then watch as a pack of hounds tears it to pieces.
So Dai Rear thinks it's ok to chase a terrified animal until it's exhausted and then watch as a pack of hounds tears it to pieces. pillboy

6:28pm Thu 26 Dec 13

Magor says...

This is another example of British culture that the lefties have tried to stop.Yet halal slaughter is OK.
This is another example of British culture that the lefties have tried to stop.Yet halal slaughter is OK. Magor

6:39pm Thu 26 Dec 13

endthelies says...

Dai Rear wrote:
Usual stuff from the class warriors who are desperately exercised by the idea of dispatching a verminous canine but have no problem with killing a live human, for of course that's "wimmins' rights?"OR "a wimmin's choice" Spare us please. And,of course,turkey beef and lamb won't pass your leftist jowls this week.
I am a veggie Dai actually but if people wish to eat meat then that's up to them but to kill a wild animal for sport is a totally different thing. And try not to be so rude in the new year, its not nice you know.
[quote][p][bold]Dai Rear[/bold] wrote: Usual stuff from the class warriors who are desperately exercised by the idea of dispatching a verminous canine but have no problem with killing a live human, for of course that's "wimmins' rights?"OR "a wimmin's choice" Spare us please. And,of course,turkey beef and lamb won't pass your leftist jowls this week.[/p][/quote]I am a veggie Dai actually but if people wish to eat meat then that's up to them but to kill a wild animal for sport is a totally different thing. And try not to be so rude in the new year, its not nice you know. endthelies

7:31pm Thu 26 Dec 13

dailoco says...

What was once said about hunting. Was something like. The unspeakable in full pursuit of he uneatable
What was once said about hunting. Was something like. The unspeakable in full pursuit of he uneatable dailoco

7:40pm Thu 26 Dec 13

Mr Angry says...

http://news.sky.com/
story/1187043/fox-hu
nts-ride-out-for-box
ing-day-meets

According to Sky News a poll shows that 80% of people support the ban on hunting.
http://news.sky.com/ story/1187043/fox-hu nts-ride-out-for-box ing-day-meets According to Sky News a poll shows that 80% of people support the ban on hunting. Mr Angry

7:54pm Thu 26 Dec 13

Woodgnome says...

Killing foxes with dogs is banned and illegal so I'm not sure of the purpose or thrust of most of the comments on here. So if you do go you wont see "a defenceless animal" killed in Abergavenny High Street. However, we regularly read of many more instances of defenceless humans being attacked, mutilated or killed by other peoples pit bulldogs etc.
Killing foxes with dogs is banned and illegal so I'm not sure of the purpose or thrust of most of the comments on here. So if you do go you wont see "a defenceless animal" killed in Abergavenny High Street. However, we regularly read of many more instances of defenceless humans being attacked, mutilated or killed by other peoples pit bulldogs etc. Woodgnome

8:44pm Thu 26 Dec 13

endthelies says...

Woodgnome wrote:
Killing foxes with dogs is banned and illegal so I'm not sure of the purpose or thrust of most of the comments on here. So if you do go you wont see "a defenceless animal" killed in Abergavenny High Street. However, we regularly read of many more instances of defenceless humans being attacked, mutilated or killed by other peoples pit bulldogs etc.
People not caring for their dogs is another, totally separate, issue woodgnome. As I explained earlier, the dogs are not allowed to kill the fox (at least that's what the law says) however, they can be chased by the dogs and then shot by the killers in the red coats. The fact is, these hunts stand for the killing of wild animals for sport. Nothing else.
[quote][p][bold]Woodgnome[/bold] wrote: Killing foxes with dogs is banned and illegal so I'm not sure of the purpose or thrust of most of the comments on here. So if you do go you wont see "a defenceless animal" killed in Abergavenny High Street. However, we regularly read of many more instances of defenceless humans being attacked, mutilated or killed by other peoples pit bulldogs etc.[/p][/quote]People not caring for their dogs is another, totally separate, issue woodgnome. As I explained earlier, the dogs are not allowed to kill the fox (at least that's what the law says) however, they can be chased by the dogs and then shot by the killers in the red coats. The fact is, these hunts stand for the killing of wild animals for sport. Nothing else. endthelies

9:02pm Thu 26 Dec 13

Dai Rear says...

pillboy wrote:
So Dai Rear thinks it's ok to chase a terrified animal until it's exhausted and then watch as a pack of hounds tears it to pieces.
it's not particularly attractive nor something I'd want to do, but in the great scheme of things is something that doesn't exercise me greatly compared with all the horrible stuff that humans do to each other, particularly to the smallest and most defenceless of other humans which was the point of my post if you have the energy to re-read it. You may, like the last Director of Public Prosecutions , think it not "in the public interest" to prosecute "doctors" who offer to kill small humans for the crime of being little girls. I do think that matters much more .If Blair had felt it worth his while to ban that behaviour I'd hold him in higher regard. And ETL, hope all the brussels haven't given your family too much grief during the festivities.
[quote][p][bold]pillboy[/bold] wrote: So Dai Rear thinks it's ok to chase a terrified animal until it's exhausted and then watch as a pack of hounds tears it to pieces.[/p][/quote]it's not particularly attractive nor something I'd want to do, but in the great scheme of things is something that doesn't exercise me greatly compared with all the horrible stuff that humans do to each other, particularly to the smallest and most defenceless of other humans which was the point of my post if you have the energy to re-read it. You may, like the last Director of Public Prosecutions , think it not "in the public interest" to prosecute "doctors" who offer to kill small humans for the crime of being little girls. I do think that matters much more .If Blair had felt it worth his while to ban that behaviour I'd hold him in higher regard. And ETL, hope all the brussels haven't given your family too much grief during the festivities. Dai Rear

9:03pm Thu 26 Dec 13

endthelies says...

P.s. What would happen if the hounds caught the scent of a fox on their way around this 'drag' hunt/ Would they ignore it, or would they chase it? Answers please.
P.s. What would happen if the hounds caught the scent of a fox on their way around this 'drag' hunt/ Would they ignore it, or would they chase it? Answers please. endthelies

9:04pm Thu 26 Dec 13

endthelies says...

Dai Rear wrote:
pillboy wrote:
So Dai Rear thinks it's ok to chase a terrified animal until it's exhausted and then watch as a pack of hounds tears it to pieces.
it's not particularly attractive nor something I'd want to do, but in the great scheme of things is something that doesn't exercise me greatly compared with all the horrible stuff that humans do to each other, particularly to the smallest and most defenceless of other humans which was the point of my post if you have the energy to re-read it. You may, like the last Director of Public Prosecutions , think it not "in the public interest" to prosecute "doctors" who offer to kill small humans for the crime of being little girls. I do think that matters much more .If Blair had felt it worth his while to ban that behaviour I'd hold him in higher regard. And ETL, hope all the brussels haven't given your family too much grief during the festivities.
I had a lovely Christmas thank you, apart from being ill. But there you go. Theres always someone worse off than me.xx
[quote][p][bold]Dai Rear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pillboy[/bold] wrote: So Dai Rear thinks it's ok to chase a terrified animal until it's exhausted and then watch as a pack of hounds tears it to pieces.[/p][/quote]it's not particularly attractive nor something I'd want to do, but in the great scheme of things is something that doesn't exercise me greatly compared with all the horrible stuff that humans do to each other, particularly to the smallest and most defenceless of other humans which was the point of my post if you have the energy to re-read it. You may, like the last Director of Public Prosecutions , think it not "in the public interest" to prosecute "doctors" who offer to kill small humans for the crime of being little girls. I do think that matters much more .If Blair had felt it worth his while to ban that behaviour I'd hold him in higher regard. And ETL, hope all the brussels haven't given your family too much grief during the festivities.[/p][/quote]I had a lovely Christmas thank you, apart from being ill. But there you go. Theres always someone worse off than me.xx endthelies

9:14pm Thu 26 Dec 13

endthelies says...

I also agree Dai, that the crimes against innocent people in this country are horrific, and I speak as the relative of a patient of a certain 'surgeon' in Cardiff, who caused the deaths of eight patients 'unnecessarily'. If you know me at all by my posts, you would realise that I would be the first to shout about crimes against the weak and vulnerable. However, this topic is about fox hunting.
I also agree Dai, that the crimes against innocent people in this country are horrific, and I speak as the relative of a patient of a certain 'surgeon' in Cardiff, who caused the deaths of eight patients 'unnecessarily'. If you know me at all by my posts, you would realise that I would be the first to shout about crimes against the weak and vulnerable. However, this topic is about fox hunting. endthelies

9:46pm Thu 26 Dec 13

Woodgnome says...

My simple point End, (I'm surprised you missed it) is that we don't lived in a perfect world. As it is, we never will as human frailties exist. It's simply a question of priorities and in the scheme of things I don't think the small possibility of a hunt pack killing a fox (which is illegal) is very high on the list. Incidentally, a fox recently killed a baby.
What do you think about the poisoning of innocent rats in school playgrounds?
My simple point End, (I'm surprised you missed it) is that we don't lived in a perfect world. As it is, we never will as human frailties exist. It's simply a question of priorities and in the scheme of things I don't think the small possibility of a hunt pack killing a fox (which is illegal) is very high on the list. Incidentally, a fox recently killed a baby. What do you think about the poisoning of innocent rats in school playgrounds? Woodgnome

10:02pm Thu 26 Dec 13

endthelies says...

I don't condone any inhumane killing of animals in any way shape or form. I also know a fox killed a baby. So have many family dogs so should we destroy all the dogs too by letting them get savaged by other dogs. No!
I don't condone any inhumane killing of animals in any way shape or form. I also know a fox killed a baby. So have many family dogs so should we destroy all the dogs too by letting them get savaged by other dogs. No! endthelies

10:07pm Thu 26 Dec 13

endthelies says...

I have kept pet rats in the past and they were gorgeous. I've also saved a group of goslings after their parents were shot by idiots. I love animals and I like seeing them in the wild where they belong. I cannot understand people who would want to promote killing as a sport. And that's it from me for now Happy New Year Peeps.****
I have kept pet rats in the past and they were gorgeous. I've also saved a group of goslings after their parents were shot by idiots. I love animals and I like seeing them in the wild where they belong. I cannot understand people who would want to promote killing as a sport. And that's it from me for now Happy New Year Peeps.**** endthelies

9:27am Fri 27 Dec 13

Dai Rear says...

endthelies wrote:
I also agree Dai, that the crimes against innocent people in this country are horrific, and I speak as the relative of a patient of a certain 'surgeon' in Cardiff, who caused the deaths of eight patients 'unnecessarily'. If you know me at all by my posts, you would realise that I would be the first to shout about crimes against the weak and vulnerable. However, this topic is about fox hunting.
No, as I said, it's about class war. Were you vocal against Shankland, the taxi driver's killer on the A465 during the miners' strike because his hobby was killing rats? I bet you weren't . I bet you were consumed by the wickedness of Thatcher.
[quote][p][bold]endthelies[/bold] wrote: I also agree Dai, that the crimes against innocent people in this country are horrific, and I speak as the relative of a patient of a certain 'surgeon' in Cardiff, who caused the deaths of eight patients 'unnecessarily'. If you know me at all by my posts, you would realise that I would be the first to shout about crimes against the weak and vulnerable. However, this topic is about fox hunting.[/p][/quote]No, as I said, it's about class war. Were you vocal against Shankland, the taxi driver's killer on the A465 during the miners' strike because his hobby was killing rats? I bet you weren't . I bet you were consumed by the wickedness of Thatcher. Dai Rear

9:41am Fri 27 Dec 13

Woodgnome says...

Avoiding the difficult questions End, by changing the subject? You know very well I wasn't referring to gorgeous tame pet rats but feral brown rats that carry Wiels disease. Having worked in a school what would you do?
Avoiding the difficult questions End, by changing the subject? You know very well I wasn't referring to gorgeous tame pet rats but feral brown rats that carry Wiels disease. Having worked in a school what would you do? Woodgnome

12:08pm Fri 27 Dec 13

welshmen says...

Dai Rear wrote:
pillboy wrote:
So Dai Rear thinks it's ok to chase a terrified animal until it's exhausted and then watch as a pack of hounds tears it to pieces.
it's not particularly attractive nor something I'd want to do, but in the great scheme of things is something that doesn't exercise me greatly compared with all the horrible stuff that humans do to each other, particularly to the smallest and most defenceless of other humans which was the point of my post if you have the energy to re-read it. You may, like the last Director of Public Prosecutions , think it not "in the public interest" to prosecute "doctors" who offer to kill small humans for the crime of being little girls. I do think that matters much more .If Blair had felt it worth his while to ban that behaviour I'd hold him in higher regard. And ETL, hope all the brussels haven't given your family too much grief during the festivities.
Saddos killing for sport, nothing brave in chasing an animal to exhaustion and then seeing it ripped to bits, cowards...
Glad you didn't Mention the M word in conjunction with getting rid of the female babies,(not all) most kept the males they can fight for their CULT, they've been doing it for as long as I can remember, friends in Hospitals know, same as the cutting, nowt's done, scared of upsetting the cowards, they kill people who leave their CULT, have a look on youtube see how the CULT despatch their meat, then its sold unlabelled in our supermarkets and fed to our children in school dinners, check your school, see if they have pork on the menu, not allowed, the preachers see to that....wake up people, takes courage to leave your ( I all ways vote for my LIB LAB CON party, I did) they do nothing to keep us happy or the future of our Country SAFE, the British National Party WILL, have the courage to vote for change....
[quote][p][bold]Dai Rear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pillboy[/bold] wrote: So Dai Rear thinks it's ok to chase a terrified animal until it's exhausted and then watch as a pack of hounds tears it to pieces.[/p][/quote]it's not particularly attractive nor something I'd want to do, but in the great scheme of things is something that doesn't exercise me greatly compared with all the horrible stuff that humans do to each other, particularly to the smallest and most defenceless of other humans which was the point of my post if you have the energy to re-read it. You may, like the last Director of Public Prosecutions , think it not "in the public interest" to prosecute "doctors" who offer to kill small humans for the crime of being little girls. I do think that matters much more .If Blair had felt it worth his while to ban that behaviour I'd hold him in higher regard. And ETL, hope all the brussels haven't given your family too much grief during the festivities.[/p][/quote]Saddos killing for sport, nothing brave in chasing an animal to exhaustion and then seeing it ripped to bits, cowards... Glad you didn't Mention the M word in conjunction with getting rid of the female babies,(not all) most kept the males they can fight for their CULT, they've been doing it for as long as I can remember, friends in Hospitals know, same as the cutting, nowt's done, scared of upsetting the cowards, they kill people who leave their CULT, have a look on youtube see how the CULT despatch their meat, then its sold unlabelled in our supermarkets and fed to our children in school dinners, check your school, see if they have pork on the menu, not allowed, the preachers see to that....wake up people, takes courage to leave your ( I all ways vote for my LIB LAB CON party, I did) they do nothing to keep us happy or the future of our Country SAFE, the British National Party WILL, have the courage to vote for change.... welshmen

12:09pm Fri 27 Dec 13

endthelies says...

I'm not avoiding difficult questions. Just not very well. As I said Woodgnome, I do not advocate inhumane killing of any animal, whether they be rats, foxes, dogs or sheep. As for the man who dropped the slab from the bridge, what's that got to do with fox hunting? Sorry but I'm not gonna be pulled into a political debate because to me, this piece is about cruelty. End of. Don't worry, I'll fight back when I feel better. Love from End xx
I'm not avoiding difficult questions. Just not very well. As I said Woodgnome, I do not advocate inhumane killing of any animal, whether they be rats, foxes, dogs or sheep. As for the man who dropped the slab from the bridge, what's that got to do with fox hunting? Sorry but I'm not gonna be pulled into a political debate because to me, this piece is about cruelty. End of. Don't worry, I'll fight back when I feel better. Love from End xx endthelies

12:13pm Fri 27 Dec 13

bugsy93 says...

The unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable - Oscar Wilde.
Why have the authorities (Police Council etc) allowed the roads in Abergavenny to be closed for the pleasure of these selfish Hooray Henrys to carry out an illegal barbaric act. These people have no respect of life other than their own. Perhaps' they' should be chased until exhausted and ripped apart by a pack of hounds.
The unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable - Oscar Wilde. Why have the authorities (Police Council etc) allowed the roads in Abergavenny to be closed for the pleasure of these selfish Hooray Henrys to carry out an illegal barbaric act. These people have no respect of life other than their own. Perhaps' they' should be chased until exhausted and ripped apart by a pack of hounds. bugsy93

12:27pm Fri 27 Dec 13

bugsy93 says...

These taking part in this so-called sport are not a very pleasant class of people.
Adults should protect children from sights of inhumane acts such as this, not force them to watch it.
These taking part in this so-called sport are not a very pleasant class of people. Adults should protect children from sights of inhumane acts such as this, not force them to watch it. bugsy93

12:47pm Fri 27 Dec 13

endthelies says...

bugsy93 wrote:
These taking part in this so-called sport are not a very pleasant class of people.
Adults should protect children from sights of inhumane acts such as this, not force them to watch it.
Totally agree bugsy. My children were taught to respect people and animals and I'm proud to say they are now adults who still love the wildlife and the sights and thrills of watching wild creatures. Not kill them for sport or entertainment. You can judge a persons character by the way they treat animals.
[quote][p][bold]bugsy93[/bold] wrote: These taking part in this so-called sport are not a very pleasant class of people. Adults should protect children from sights of inhumane acts such as this, not force them to watch it.[/p][/quote]Totally agree bugsy. My children were taught to respect people and animals and I'm proud to say they are now adults who still love the wildlife and the sights and thrills of watching wild creatures. Not kill them for sport or entertainment. You can judge a persons character by the way they treat animals. endthelies

1:30pm Fri 27 Dec 13

Woodgnome says...

Just for the record I don't hunt and I don't want to. I also love wildlife. I do not however, stereotype and write off a whole section of society because they like fishing, hunting or shooting.

Incidentally, I understand that Hitler absolutely adored his Alsatian Blondi.
Just for the record I don't hunt and I don't want to. I also love wildlife. I do not however, stereotype and write off a whole section of society because they like fishing, hunting or shooting. Incidentally, I understand that Hitler absolutely adored his Alsatian Blondi. Woodgnome

2:20pm Fri 27 Dec 13

Limestonecowboy says...

endthelies wrote:
Limestonecowboy wrote: Fox hunting is illegal so not sure whether this is for show or drag hunting.
I could be wrong, but I think the fox can still be killed, but it must be by gun and not the dogs. Still ends with a dead animal though.
Interesting to see how this would work!
[quote][p][bold]endthelies[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Limestonecowboy[/bold] wrote: Fox hunting is illegal so not sure whether this is for show or drag hunting.[/p][/quote]I could be wrong, but I think the fox can still be killed, but it must be by gun and not the dogs. Still ends with a dead animal though.[/p][/quote]Interesting to see how this would work! Limestonecowboy

2:40pm Fri 27 Dec 13

endthelies says...

Woodgnome wrote:
Just for the record I don't hunt and I don't want to. I also love wildlife. I do not however, stereotype and write off a whole section of society because they like fishing, hunting or shooting.

Incidentally, I understand that Hitler absolutely adored his Alsatian Blondi.
I haven't sectioned a whole area of society. Just those who like killing animals for fun. I know a lot of people like fishing too but I don't because, I think, when the fish is out of water, it must be like someone holding our heads underwater. Terrifying. However, people catch fish to eat so there again is a difference. Its not just for sport.
As for the dogs not being allowed to kill. Two dogs are allowed to go down and flush out the fox, but it must be killed by a gun! Its an unworkable law really because who is policing it. Also on the news today, Cameron is reconsidering the hunting ban. Why am I not surprised. I hate hunting and cannot understand the mentality of people who enjoy it. No matter what area of society they come from.
[quote][p][bold]Woodgnome[/bold] wrote: Just for the record I don't hunt and I don't want to. I also love wildlife. I do not however, stereotype and write off a whole section of society because they like fishing, hunting or shooting. Incidentally, I understand that Hitler absolutely adored his Alsatian Blondi.[/p][/quote]I haven't sectioned a whole area of society. Just those who like killing animals for fun. I know a lot of people like fishing too but I don't because, I think, when the fish is out of water, it must be like someone holding our heads underwater. Terrifying. However, people catch fish to eat so there again is a difference. Its not just for sport. As for the dogs not being allowed to kill. Two dogs are allowed to go down and flush out the fox, but it must be killed by a gun! Its an unworkable law really because who is policing it. Also on the news today, Cameron is reconsidering the hunting ban. Why am I not surprised. I hate hunting and cannot understand the mentality of people who enjoy it. No matter what area of society they come from. endthelies

2:42pm Fri 27 Dec 13

endthelies says...

P.s. Blondi was used in Nazi propaganda films to show how 'affectionate' the Fuhrur was!
P.s. Blondi was used in Nazi propaganda films to show how 'affectionate' the Fuhrur was! endthelies

2:55pm Fri 27 Dec 13

Woodgnome says...

Excuse me End may I remind you of your words "You can judge a persons character by the way they treat animals".

Also another comment (bugsy's) with which you "totally agree" - "These taking part in this so-called sport are not a very pleasant class of people".

Sounds like you have "sectioned" a whole class of society.
Excuse me End may I remind you of your words "You can judge a persons character by the way they treat animals". Also another comment (bugsy's) with which you "totally agree" - "These taking part in this so-called sport are not a very pleasant class of people". Sounds like you have "sectioned" a whole class of society. Woodgnome

4:33pm Fri 27 Dec 13

endthelies says...

You can judge a persons character by the way they treat animals. Those who choose to kill just for fun have no morals or ethics whether they be rich or por. Lower, middle or upper class. Now if that's branding a whole section of society then so be it. But it has nothing to do with 'class' I can assure you. To be honest, I care not one jot what you think. I'm a little tired of the ignorance shown by some posters on this site. I like an intelligent debate, not one that shows me no challenge.
You can judge a persons character by the way they treat animals. Those who choose to kill just for fun have no morals or ethics whether they be rich or por. Lower, middle or upper class. Now if that's branding a whole section of society then so be it. But it has nothing to do with 'class' I can assure you. To be honest, I care not one jot what you think. I'm a little tired of the ignorance shown by some posters on this site. I like an intelligent debate, not one that shows me no challenge. endthelies

5:09pm Fri 27 Dec 13

Dai Rear says...

endthelies wrote:
I'm not avoiding difficult questions. Just not very well. As I said Woodgnome, I do not advocate inhumane killing of any animal, whether they be rats, foxes, dogs or sheep. As for the man who dropped the slab from the bridge, what's that got to do with fox hunting? Sorry but I'm not gonna be pulled into a political debate because to me, this piece is about cruelty. End of. Don't worry, I'll fight back when I feel better. Love from End xx
You may never feel better. Anaemia is often a result of eating only Brussels (as well as gas) Have a blood test.
I suppose the penchant of the slab who dropped the slab tends to support your point, but what did you say at the time?
I prefer Buggy's hooray henries comment. At least it's honest.
[quote][p][bold]endthelies[/bold] wrote: I'm not avoiding difficult questions. Just not very well. As I said Woodgnome, I do not advocate inhumane killing of any animal, whether they be rats, foxes, dogs or sheep. As for the man who dropped the slab from the bridge, what's that got to do with fox hunting? Sorry but I'm not gonna be pulled into a political debate because to me, this piece is about cruelty. End of. Don't worry, I'll fight back when I feel better. Love from End xx[/p][/quote]You may never feel better. Anaemia is often a result of eating only Brussels (as well as gas) Have a blood test. I suppose the penchant of the slab who dropped the slab tends to support your point, but what did you say at the time? I prefer Buggy's hooray henries comment. At least it's honest. Dai Rear

6:10pm Fri 27 Dec 13

endthelies says...

Dai Rear wrote:
endthelies wrote:
I'm not avoiding difficult questions. Just not very well. As I said Woodgnome, I do not advocate inhumane killing of any animal, whether they be rats, foxes, dogs or sheep. As for the man who dropped the slab from the bridge, what's that got to do with fox hunting? Sorry but I'm not gonna be pulled into a political debate because to me, this piece is about cruelty. End of. Don't worry, I'll fight back when I feel better. Love from End xx
You may never feel better. Anaemia is often a result of eating only Brussels (as well as gas) Have a blood test.
I suppose the penchant of the slab who dropped the slab tends to support your point, but what did you say at the time?
I prefer Buggy's hooray henries comment. At least it's honest.
I am very honest Dai. My thoughts about the fella that dropped the slab were then as they are now. He was a killer and deserved life behind bars. It has no bearing on the subject of fox hunting but if it keeps you happy I'll answer you. I also don't have anaemia, I have a condition called Lupus. Look it up and educate yourself a little.
[quote][p][bold]Dai Rear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]endthelies[/bold] wrote: I'm not avoiding difficult questions. Just not very well. As I said Woodgnome, I do not advocate inhumane killing of any animal, whether they be rats, foxes, dogs or sheep. As for the man who dropped the slab from the bridge, what's that got to do with fox hunting? Sorry but I'm not gonna be pulled into a political debate because to me, this piece is about cruelty. End of. Don't worry, I'll fight back when I feel better. Love from End xx[/p][/quote]You may never feel better. Anaemia is often a result of eating only Brussels (as well as gas) Have a blood test. I suppose the penchant of the slab who dropped the slab tends to support your point, but what did you say at the time? I prefer Buggy's hooray henries comment. At least it's honest.[/p][/quote]I am very honest Dai. My thoughts about the fella that dropped the slab were then as they are now. He was a killer and deserved life behind bars. It has no bearing on the subject of fox hunting but if it keeps you happy I'll answer you. I also don't have anaemia, I have a condition called Lupus. Look it up and educate yourself a little. endthelies

6:13pm Fri 27 Dec 13

endthelies says...

I have to say that some posters would argue with me on here if I said that the pope was catholic, purely because I am not a conservative voter. Sad. Very sad.
I have to say that some posters would argue with me on here if I said that the pope was catholic, purely because I am not a conservative voter. Sad. Very sad. endthelies

6:30pm Fri 27 Dec 13

Woodgnome says...

endthelies wrote:
You can judge a persons character by the way they treat animals. Those who choose to kill just for fun have no morals or ethics whether they be rich or por. Lower, middle or upper class. Now if that's branding a whole section of society then so be it. But it has nothing to do with 'class' I can assure you. To be honest, I care not one jot what you think. I'm a little tired of the ignorance shown by some posters on this site. I like an intelligent debate, not one that shows me no challenge.
I'm not talking of class in the sense of social class. I'm talking about a group in society irrespective of their social status.

This is what I said "I do not however, stereotype and write off a whole section of society because they like fishing, hunting or shooting".

You then went off at a tangent.
[quote][p][bold]endthelies[/bold] wrote: You can judge a persons character by the way they treat animals. Those who choose to kill just for fun have no morals or ethics whether they be rich or por. Lower, middle or upper class. Now if that's branding a whole section of society then so be it. But it has nothing to do with 'class' I can assure you. To be honest, I care not one jot what you think. I'm a little tired of the ignorance shown by some posters on this site. I like an intelligent debate, not one that shows me no challenge.[/p][/quote]I'm not talking of class in the sense of social class. I'm talking about a group in society irrespective of their social status. This is what I said "I do not however, stereotype and write off a whole section of society because they like fishing, hunting or shooting". You then went off at a tangent. Woodgnome

6:47pm Fri 27 Dec 13

endthelies says...

I really don't think I can make my views any clearer and I'm really busy listening to Fleetwood Mac so I'm going. Speak to you all soon and I really do mean this to EVERYONE. Have a happy new year xx
I really don't think I can make my views any clearer and I'm really busy listening to Fleetwood Mac so I'm going. Speak to you all soon and I really do mean this to EVERYONE. Have a happy new year xx endthelies

7:43pm Fri 27 Dec 13

Mervyn James says...

pillboy wrote:
Agree people who support this medieval barbarity probably pulled wings of butterflies and such when they were kids..
If you lived in London of all places, I feel sure they would welcome the Hunt, given the attacks on children in own homes and gardens by urban foxes, what do you suggest they do to limit foxes and prevent them attacking livestock ? You won't see protesters footing any bill, or coughing up for the damage they cause, which included 100s of healthy dogs being put down, it then poses the question ARE they an animal lovers ? or just plain protesters ?
[quote][p][bold]pillboy[/bold] wrote: Agree people who support this medieval barbarity probably pulled wings of butterflies and such when they were kids..[/p][/quote]If you lived in London of all places, I feel sure they would welcome the Hunt, given the attacks on children in own homes and gardens by urban foxes, what do you suggest they do to limit foxes and prevent them attacking livestock ? You won't see protesters footing any bill, or coughing up for the damage they cause, which included 100s of healthy dogs being put down, it then poses the question ARE they an animal lovers ? or just plain protesters ? Mervyn James

8:15pm Fri 27 Dec 13

Limestonecowboy says...

Yes the fox has a lot to answer for. In my street a number of cars had their wing mirrors broken off & paintwork keyed. They have seen fox drinking strong larger & attacking innocent people as well as fox growing & dealing drugs. Late night noise dropping litter & uneaten food from fox nightclubs. People are now so intimidated they won't leave their homes add to this the fox ringing people pretended to be from their bank to get access to their accounts ... well its high time to bring back hunting! Happy Christmas!!
Yes the fox has a lot to answer for. In my street a number of cars had their wing mirrors broken off & paintwork keyed. They have seen fox drinking strong larger & attacking innocent people as well as fox growing & dealing drugs. Late night noise dropping litter & uneaten food from fox nightclubs. People are now so intimidated they won't leave their homes add to this the fox ringing people pretended to be from their bank to get access to their accounts ... well its high time to bring back hunting! Happy Christmas!! Limestonecowboy

8:32pm Fri 27 Dec 13

Mr Angry says...

Mervyn James wrote:
pillboy wrote:
Agree people who support this medieval barbarity probably pulled wings of butterflies and such when they were kids..
If you lived in London of all places, I feel sure they would welcome the Hunt, given the attacks on children in own homes and gardens by urban foxes, what do you suggest they do to limit foxes and prevent them attacking livestock ? You won't see protesters footing any bill, or coughing up for the damage they cause, which included 100s of healthy dogs being put down, it then poses the question ARE they an animal lovers ? or just plain protesters ?
I agree that the Fox population needs controlling, because of the reasons you state.

However we live in the 21st Century, and I would like to think a better way could be thought of, than chasing the petrified animal for miles to the point of exhustion , then cheering while it is being torn to pieces.
[quote][p][bold]Mervyn James[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pillboy[/bold] wrote: Agree people who support this medieval barbarity probably pulled wings of butterflies and such when they were kids..[/p][/quote]If you lived in London of all places, I feel sure they would welcome the Hunt, given the attacks on children in own homes and gardens by urban foxes, what do you suggest they do to limit foxes and prevent them attacking livestock ? You won't see protesters footing any bill, or coughing up for the damage they cause, which included 100s of healthy dogs being put down, it then poses the question ARE they an animal lovers ? or just plain protesters ?[/p][/quote]I agree that the Fox population needs controlling, because of the reasons you state. However we live in the 21st Century, and I would like to think a better way could be thought of, than chasing the petrified animal for miles to the point of exhustion , then cheering while it is being torn to pieces. Mr Angry

8:40pm Fri 27 Dec 13

endthelies says...

Mervyn James wrote:
pillboy wrote:
Agree people who support this medieval barbarity probably pulled wings of butterflies and such when they were kids..
If you lived in London of all places, I feel sure they would welcome the Hunt, given the attacks on children in own homes and gardens by urban foxes, what do you suggest they do to limit foxes and prevent them attacking livestock ? You won't see protesters footing any bill, or coughing up for the damage they cause, which included 100s of healthy dogs being put down, it then poses the question ARE they an animal lovers ? or just plain protesters ?
Excuse my ignorance, but why are 'hundreds of healthy dogs put to sleep' because of foxes. Its killing animals for SPORT that is being objected to here. Jeez.
[quote][p][bold]Mervyn James[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pillboy[/bold] wrote: Agree people who support this medieval barbarity probably pulled wings of butterflies and such when they were kids..[/p][/quote]If you lived in London of all places, I feel sure they would welcome the Hunt, given the attacks on children in own homes and gardens by urban foxes, what do you suggest they do to limit foxes and prevent them attacking livestock ? You won't see protesters footing any bill, or coughing up for the damage they cause, which included 100s of healthy dogs being put down, it then poses the question ARE they an animal lovers ? or just plain protesters ?[/p][/quote]Excuse my ignorance, but why are 'hundreds of healthy dogs put to sleep' because of foxes. Its killing animals for SPORT that is being objected to here. Jeez. endthelies

8:43pm Fri 27 Dec 13

endthelies says...

Also, how many children have been attacked by foxes, and how many have been attacked by their own or a neighbours family pet. I'm sure you will find that domestic dog attacks far outnumber fox attacks, which could be prevented if people did not feed them in their own gardens. They are a wild animal after all.
Also, how many children have been attacked by foxes, and how many have been attacked by their own or a neighbours family pet. I'm sure you will find that domestic dog attacks far outnumber fox attacks, which could be prevented if people did not feed them in their own gardens. They are a wild animal after all. endthelies

10:39am Sat 28 Dec 13

Woodgnome says...

endthelies wrote:
I really don't think I can make my views any clearer and I'm really busy listening to Fleetwood Mac so I'm going. Speak to you all soon and I really do mean this to EVERYONE. Have a happy new year xx
You've copped out of the difficult questions End - were you a trade union rep? You have an answer for everything and a class warrior to boot.
[quote][p][bold]endthelies[/bold] wrote: I really don't think I can make my views any clearer and I'm really busy listening to Fleetwood Mac so I'm going. Speak to you all soon and I really do mean this to EVERYONE. Have a happy new year xx[/p][/quote]You've copped out of the difficult questions End - were you a trade union rep? You have an answer for everything and a class warrior to boot. Woodgnome

10:45am Sat 28 Dec 13

Woodgnome says...

PS. For the 10th time fox hunting is ALREADY ILLEGAL. Why are people banging on about ancient history? Why not discuss gladiators killing Christians - just as relevant?
PS. For the 10th time fox hunting is ALREADY ILLEGAL. Why are people banging on about ancient history? Why not discuss gladiators killing Christians - just as relevant? Woodgnome

11:32am Sat 28 Dec 13

endthelies says...

Woodgnome wrote:
endthelies wrote:
I really don't think I can make my views any clearer and I'm really busy listening to Fleetwood Mac so I'm going. Speak to you all soon and I really do mean this to EVERYONE. Have a happy new year xx
You've copped out of the difficult questions End - were you a trade union rep? You have an answer for everything and a class warrior to boot.
What were the difficult questions I haven't answered woodgnome and I'll answer them I have never been in a union and not everything comes down to politics. Grow up.
[quote][p][bold]Woodgnome[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]endthelies[/bold] wrote: I really don't think I can make my views any clearer and I'm really busy listening to Fleetwood Mac so I'm going. Speak to you all soon and I really do mean this to EVERYONE. Have a happy new year xx[/p][/quote]You've copped out of the difficult questions End - were you a trade union rep? You have an answer for everything and a class warrior to boot.[/p][/quote]What were the difficult questions I haven't answered woodgnome and I'll answer them I have never been in a union and not everything comes down to politics. Grow up. endthelies

12:32pm Sat 28 Dec 13

Mervyn James says...

Mr Angry wrote:
Mervyn James wrote:
pillboy wrote:
Agree people who support this medieval barbarity probably pulled wings of butterflies and such when they were kids..
If you lived in London of all places, I feel sure they would welcome the Hunt, given the attacks on children in own homes and gardens by urban foxes, what do you suggest they do to limit foxes and prevent them attacking livestock ? You won't see protesters footing any bill, or coughing up for the damage they cause, which included 100s of healthy dogs being put down, it then poses the question ARE they an animal lovers ? or just plain protesters ?
I agree that the Fox population needs controlling, because of the reasons you state.

However we live in the 21st Century, and I would like to think a better way could be thought of, than chasing the petrified animal for miles to the point of exhustion , then cheering while it is being torn to pieces.
Whether you chase them down with a pack of dogs for fun,or you cull them humanely the end result is the same, a dead fox, the fox lovers don't support either, so how do you control them ? Maybe the protesters can have them as pets. We could complain Tory cuts have resulted in 3,000 human deaths, it's a matter of degree. Britain is animal stupid anyway. Already animals have more rights than our abused children, Britain needs to get educated and stop being silly about wild animals. They aint cuddly, some are vermin and others, downright dangerous. It's one thing watching them on nature TV, another having to live with them. Which 96% of protesters don't.
[quote][p][bold]Mr Angry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mervyn James[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pillboy[/bold] wrote: Agree people who support this medieval barbarity probably pulled wings of butterflies and such when they were kids..[/p][/quote]If you lived in London of all places, I feel sure they would welcome the Hunt, given the attacks on children in own homes and gardens by urban foxes, what do you suggest they do to limit foxes and prevent them attacking livestock ? You won't see protesters footing any bill, or coughing up for the damage they cause, which included 100s of healthy dogs being put down, it then poses the question ARE they an animal lovers ? or just plain protesters ?[/p][/quote]I agree that the Fox population needs controlling, because of the reasons you state. However we live in the 21st Century, and I would like to think a better way could be thought of, than chasing the petrified animal for miles to the point of exhustion , then cheering while it is being torn to pieces.[/p][/quote]Whether you chase them down with a pack of dogs for fun,or you cull them humanely the end result is the same, a dead fox, the fox lovers don't support either, so how do you control them ? Maybe the protesters can have them as pets. We could complain Tory cuts have resulted in 3,000 human deaths, it's a matter of degree. Britain is animal stupid anyway. Already animals have more rights than our abused children, Britain needs to get educated and stop being silly about wild animals. They aint cuddly, some are vermin and others, downright dangerous. It's one thing watching them on nature TV, another having to live with them. Which 96% of protesters don't. Mervyn James

12:38pm Sat 28 Dec 13

endthelies says...

I live with foxes because I live on a mountain. They have yet to cause me any trouble and I've lived here 17 years! I think people who have posted comments on this subject have made it clear that animal control is not so much the issue as the cruelty issues.
I live with foxes because I live on a mountain. They have yet to cause me any trouble and I've lived here 17 years! I think people who have posted comments on this subject have made it clear that animal control is not so much the issue as the cruelty issues. endthelies

12:56pm Sat 28 Dec 13

Woodgnome says...

endthelies wrote:
Woodgnome wrote:
endthelies wrote:
I really don't think I can make my views any clearer and I'm really busy listening to Fleetwood Mac so I'm going. Speak to you all soon and I really do mean this to EVERYONE. Have a happy new year xx
You've copped out of the difficult questions End - were you a trade union rep? You have an answer for everything and a class warrior to boot.
What were the difficult questions I haven't answered woodgnome and I'll answer them I have never been in a union and not everything comes down to politics. Grow up.
Ooooooooh cage rattled? - some people are quick enough to point that out in others. Less is more. Some folks might try piping down occasionally and stop trying to have the last word on ever bloomin' thing and they may get taken more seriously.
They just come out with Millbank on message points all the time with no original thought.. Wearysome.
[quote][p][bold]endthelies[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Woodgnome[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]endthelies[/bold] wrote: I really don't think I can make my views any clearer and I'm really busy listening to Fleetwood Mac so I'm going. Speak to you all soon and I really do mean this to EVERYONE. Have a happy new year xx[/p][/quote]You've copped out of the difficult questions End - were you a trade union rep? You have an answer for everything and a class warrior to boot.[/p][/quote]What were the difficult questions I haven't answered woodgnome and I'll answer them I have never been in a union and not everything comes down to politics. Grow up.[/p][/quote]Ooooooooh cage rattled? - some people are quick enough to point that out in others. Less is more. Some folks might try piping down occasionally and stop trying to have the last word on ever bloomin' thing and they may get taken more seriously. They just come out with Millbank on message points all the time with no original thought.. Wearysome. Woodgnome

1:42pm Sat 28 Dec 13

endthelies says...

What were you're questions that I couldn't answer Woody? I'm really sorry that you can't stand a woman having more intellect than you but then I suggest you have a problem with strong women. Do you drive a big car perchance :).I haven't once mentioned milliband, or been a class warrior or any of the other things that you like to accuse me of but there you go, if it makes your frail ego feel a little better then I'll let you carry on. As for being a class warrior, there is no bigger one than yourself. Look through your posts. I'm off for a lovely lunch with my family now so speak soon.
What were you're questions that I couldn't answer Woody? I'm really sorry that you can't stand a woman having more intellect than you but then I suggest you have a problem with strong women. Do you drive a big car perchance :).I haven't once mentioned milliband, or been a class warrior or any of the other things that you like to accuse me of but there you go, if it makes your frail ego feel a little better then I'll let you carry on. As for being a class warrior, there is no bigger one than yourself. Look through your posts. I'm off for a lovely lunch with my family now so speak soon. endthelies

2:31pm Sat 28 Dec 13

Dai Rear says...

endthelies wrote:
I have to say that some posters would argue with me on here if I said that the pope was catholic, purely because I am not a conservative voter. Sad. Very sad.
Oh goodness me! I would never have guessed.
But actually you're being disingenuous with all the "chasing a terrified animal, blah , blah"
As we both know most people who go hunting do it for social or possibly business contact reasons, or indeed because they like riding horses-well the brutes are there in the field; someone has to do something with them. And have been joined by others who thought that a man who pushed us into 2 wars by lying wasn't at the summit of morality. i.e. Blair was considerably more amoral than fox hunting.
You're not an animal terrorist because they are prey to a psychotic form of anthropomorphism which you don't manifest. So you actually have "class issues" about the thing from Old Labour roots.
You're not going to admit it.
Only those who have class issues about the subject get aereated about it. Full stop.
[quote][p][bold]endthelies[/bold] wrote: I have to say that some posters would argue with me on here if I said that the pope was catholic, purely because I am not a conservative voter. Sad. Very sad.[/p][/quote]Oh goodness me! I would never have guessed. But actually you're being disingenuous with all the "chasing a terrified animal, blah , blah" As we both know most people who go hunting do it for social or possibly business contact reasons, or indeed because they like riding horses-well the brutes are there in the field; someone has to do something with them. And have been joined by others who thought that a man who pushed us into 2 wars by lying wasn't at the summit of morality. i.e. Blair was considerably more amoral than fox hunting. You're not an animal terrorist because they are prey to a psychotic form of anthropomorphism which you don't manifest. So you actually have "class issues" about the thing from Old Labour roots. You're not going to admit it. Only those who have class issues about the subject get aereated about it. Full stop. Dai Rear

3:20pm Sat 28 Dec 13

Woodgnome says...

endthelies wrote:
What were you're questions that I couldn't answer Woody? I'm really sorry that you can't stand a woman having more intellect than you but then I suggest you have a problem with strong women. Do you drive a big car perchance :).I haven't once mentioned milliband, or been a class warrior or any of the other things that you like to accuse me of but there you go, if it makes your frail ego feel a little better then I'll let you carry on. As for being a class warrior, there is no bigger one than yourself. Look through your posts. I'm off for a lovely lunch with my family now so speak soon.
I said MILLBANK.
What were you saying about your intellect?
You're off on one again - remember, less is more. A lot less.
[quote][p][bold]endthelies[/bold] wrote: What were you're questions that I couldn't answer Woody? I'm really sorry that you can't stand a woman having more intellect than you but then I suggest you have a problem with strong women. Do you drive a big car perchance :).I haven't once mentioned milliband, or been a class warrior or any of the other things that you like to accuse me of but there you go, if it makes your frail ego feel a little better then I'll let you carry on. As for being a class warrior, there is no bigger one than yourself. Look through your posts. I'm off for a lovely lunch with my family now so speak soon.[/p][/quote]I said MILLBANK. What were you saying about your intellect? You're off on one again - remember, less is more. A lot less. Woodgnome

8:13pm Sat 28 Dec 13

endthelies says...

Woodgnome wrote:
endthelies wrote:
What were you're questions that I couldn't answer Woody? I'm really sorry that you can't stand a woman having more intellect than you but then I suggest you have a problem with strong women. Do you drive a big car perchance :).I haven't once mentioned milliband, or been a class warrior or any of the other things that you like to accuse me of but there you go, if it makes your frail ego feel a little better then I'll let you carry on. As for being a class warrior, there is no bigger one than yourself. Look through your posts. I'm off for a lovely lunch with my family now so speak soon.
I said MILLBANK.
What were you saying about your intellect?
You're off on one again - remember, less is more. A lot less.
Still no questions I can't answer though. And as for Dai, If you want to make a political argument out of this you go ahead, but you won't get it from me because there isn't one. Sorry. People who hunt for sport are just lower than low as far as I'm concerned and I don't care what their reasoning, whether it be to make business contacts or whatever. In fact, I think that just makes it worse.
[quote][p][bold]Woodgnome[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]endthelies[/bold] wrote: What were you're questions that I couldn't answer Woody? I'm really sorry that you can't stand a woman having more intellect than you but then I suggest you have a problem with strong women. Do you drive a big car perchance :).I haven't once mentioned milliband, or been a class warrior or any of the other things that you like to accuse me of but there you go, if it makes your frail ego feel a little better then I'll let you carry on. As for being a class warrior, there is no bigger one than yourself. Look through your posts. I'm off for a lovely lunch with my family now so speak soon.[/p][/quote]I said MILLBANK. What were you saying about your intellect? You're off on one again - remember, less is more. A lot less.[/p][/quote]Still no questions I can't answer though. And as for Dai, If you want to make a political argument out of this you go ahead, but you won't get it from me because there isn't one. Sorry. People who hunt for sport are just lower than low as far as I'm concerned and I don't care what their reasoning, whether it be to make business contacts or whatever. In fact, I think that just makes it worse. endthelies

8:19pm Sat 28 Dec 13

endthelies says...

P.s. I have no idea about MILLBANK, so I guess that disproves your theory about me using it for message points as I have no idea what you're talking about. But then neither do you :)
P.s. I have no idea about MILLBANK, so I guess that disproves your theory about me using it for message points as I have no idea what you're talking about. But then neither do you :) endthelies

8:23pm Sat 28 Dec 13

endthelies says...

Also dai. I'm aereated because I get shot down on every word I say on this site just because I don't vote blue, and then posters have the nerve to call me a class warrior. Look closely at yourselves please before making wrongful assumptions about me.
Also dai. I'm aereated because I get shot down on every word I say on this site just because I don't vote blue, and then posters have the nerve to call me a class warrior. Look closely at yourselves please before making wrongful assumptions about me. endthelies

8:21am Sun 29 Dec 13

Dai Rear says...

endthelies wrote:
Also dai. I'm aereated because I get shot down on every word I say on this site just because I don't vote blue, and then posters have the nerve to call me a class warrior. Look closely at yourselves please before making wrongful assumptions about me.
Not really, I think. You can only be a class warrior if you are very rich but still resent your peers (like the late Michael Foot) or very unsuccessful (sects of Asians living in welfare housing in London and enslaving each other-or not enslaving each other, as the case may be) I'm not sure which group you're in. Me? Simply a comfortably off baby boomer and thus totally unqualified for class war.
[quote][p][bold]endthelies[/bold] wrote: Also dai. I'm aereated because I get shot down on every word I say on this site just because I don't vote blue, and then posters have the nerve to call me a class warrior. Look closely at yourselves please before making wrongful assumptions about me.[/p][/quote]Not really, I think. You can only be a class warrior if you are very rich but still resent your peers (like the late Michael Foot) or very unsuccessful (sects of Asians living in welfare housing in London and enslaving each other-or not enslaving each other, as the case may be) I'm not sure which group you're in. Me? Simply a comfortably off baby boomer and thus totally unqualified for class war. Dai Rear

9:24am Sun 29 Dec 13

Woodgnome says...

THREE more posts from End in quick succession!! Groan.
Less is more End.
That's me finished on this string but no doubt NOT for End.
P.S. If you don't know what Millbank is look it up.
THREE more posts from End in quick succession!! Groan. Less is more End. That's me finished on this string but no doubt NOT for End. P.S. If you don't know what Millbank is look it up. Woodgnome

12:37pm Sun 29 Dec 13

endthelies says...

The whole site is finished for me Woody. Had enough of the ignorance to tell you the truth. But once again, I wish everyone on here a happy new year. Love from End xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
****
The whole site is finished for me Woody. Had enough of the ignorance to tell you the truth. But once again, I wish everyone on here a happy new year. Love from End xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx **** endthelies

5:18pm Sun 29 Dec 13

irisheyes says...

during all this debate no-one has mentioned the lambs that are ripped apart by foxes and then discarded in the field.Foxes don't only kill for food they kill because something is there for them to kill and every lamb killed is a loss of income for a farmer.I know,I was married to a hill farmer and watched the ewes bleating because their lambs had been killed by foxes !!
during all this debate no-one has mentioned the lambs that are ripped apart by foxes and then discarded in the field.Foxes don't only kill for food they kill because something is there for them to kill and every lamb killed is a loss of income for a farmer.I know,I was married to a hill farmer and watched the ewes bleating because their lambs had been killed by foxes !! irisheyes

6:19pm Sun 29 Dec 13

Mervyn James says...

Of course farmers have a legal sight to shoot them too, and dogs for that matter. Surely this recognizes the fact they are vermin.
Of course farmers have a legal sight to shoot them too, and dogs for that matter. Surely this recognizes the fact they are vermin. Mervyn James

1:15pm Tue 31 Dec 13

_Bryan_ says...

All these people speaking out in defence of the poor little foxy-woxy.

No matter that the hunts were initially instituted as a method of controlling these vermin and limiting their slaughter of livestock, or that the hunt in the article is a drag hunt - little more than a joy ride through the countryside in fancy dress.
All these people speaking out in defence of the poor little foxy-woxy. No matter that the hunts were initially instituted as a method of controlling these vermin and limiting their slaughter of livestock, or that the hunt in the article is a drag hunt - little more than a joy ride through the countryside in fancy dress. _Bryan_

1:52pm Tue 31 Dec 13

bugsy93 says...

Putting men on the moon, splitting the atom, the computer age we are in today and it still takes a bunch of 'Hooray Henries' on horseback blowing silly horns with a pack of hounds to cure a problem with a fox getting the better of them. it appears that the fox is far more clever than it's assailants. The frustration results in the fox being torn apart to teach it a lesson.
A good fence around their farms or a shotgun may cure the problem. But that is not bloodthirsty enough for them.
Putting men on the moon, splitting the atom, the computer age we are in today and it still takes a bunch of 'Hooray Henries' on horseback blowing silly horns with a pack of hounds to cure a problem with a fox getting the better of them. it appears that the fox is far more clever than it's assailants. The frustration results in the fox being torn apart to teach it a lesson. A good fence around their farms or a shotgun may cure the problem. But that is not bloodthirsty enough for them. bugsy93

1:59pm Tue 31 Dec 13

BassalegCountyFan says...

Depressing that this grotesque charade still goes on in Britain, whilst it is illegal to kill a fox you can't help but think that it still goes on once the hunt is out of sight and can't be monitored.

I'm an 'old Labour' man so don't hold Tony Blair in much affection, but at least he acted to make fox hunting illegal. It's frightening that the majority of tories would still repeal the ban given the chance - yet another reason why we need to prevent the terrifying thought of a tory majority in 2015.
Depressing that this grotesque charade still goes on in Britain, whilst it is illegal to kill a fox you can't help but think that it still goes on once the hunt is out of sight and can't be monitored. I'm an 'old Labour' man so don't hold Tony Blair in much affection, but at least he acted to make fox hunting illegal. It's frightening that the majority of tories would still repeal the ban given the chance - yet another reason why we need to prevent the terrifying thought of a tory majority in 2015. BassalegCountyFan

8:58am Wed 1 Jan 14

Dai Rear says...

bugsy93 wrote:
Putting men on the moon, splitting the atom, the computer age we are in today and it still takes a bunch of 'Hooray Henries' on horseback blowing silly horns with a pack of hounds to cure a problem with a fox getting the better of them. it appears that the fox is far more clever than it's assailants. The frustration results in the fox being torn apart to teach it a lesson.
A good fence around their farms or a shotgun may cure the problem. But that is not bloodthirsty enough for them.
You know what? You don't have to go anywhere near hunts-or "hooray henries", but you do have to shop. Yesterday I was in Tescos and a collection of underclass females, some apparently the progeny of others, started to howl and growl at each other, reaching volumes you'd only encounter at an airport. I had to cover my ears
So, class warriors, given the choice, I reckon most normal people would vote against the class you presumably support-and are completely indifferent to those they need neither support through welfarism nor ever encounter.
And as for the Old Labour Man the Blair Ban was simple cynical politicking. "I lose no votes by doing this and may even get a few tree hugger votes back from the looney reaches of the Green Greener and Greenest Parties"
But it showed at least a little more realism than Dough Faced Dave's crazy championing of Mock Marriage. Will the Katie Recycled Committee now re-enter the fray?
[quote][p][bold]bugsy93[/bold] wrote: Putting men on the moon, splitting the atom, the computer age we are in today and it still takes a bunch of 'Hooray Henries' on horseback blowing silly horns with a pack of hounds to cure a problem with a fox getting the better of them. it appears that the fox is far more clever than it's assailants. The frustration results in the fox being torn apart to teach it a lesson. A good fence around their farms or a shotgun may cure the problem. But that is not bloodthirsty enough for them.[/p][/quote]You know what? You don't have to go anywhere near hunts-or "hooray henries", but you do have to shop. Yesterday I was in Tescos and a collection of underclass females, some apparently the progeny of others, started to howl and growl at each other, reaching volumes you'd only encounter at an airport. I had to cover my ears So, class warriors, given the choice, I reckon most normal people would vote against the class you presumably support-and are completely indifferent to those they need neither support through welfarism nor ever encounter. And as for the Old Labour Man the Blair Ban was simple cynical politicking. "I lose no votes by doing this and may even get a few tree hugger votes back from the looney reaches of the Green Greener and Greenest Parties" But it showed at least a little more realism than Dough Faced Dave's crazy championing of Mock Marriage. Will the Katie Recycled Committee now re-enter the fray? Dai Rear

8:00am Thu 2 Jan 14

Woodgnome says...

Dai Rear wrote:
bugsy93 wrote:
Putting men on the moon, splitting the atom, the computer age we are in today and it still takes a bunch of 'Hooray Henries' on horseback blowing silly horns with a pack of hounds to cure a problem with a fox getting the better of them. it appears that the fox is far more clever than it's assailants. The frustration results in the fox being torn apart to teach it a lesson.
A good fence around their farms or a shotgun may cure the problem. But that is not bloodthirsty enough for them.
You know what? You don't have to go anywhere near hunts-or "hooray henries", but you do have to shop. Yesterday I was in Tescos and a collection of underclass females, some apparently the progeny of others, started to howl and growl at each other, reaching volumes you'd only encounter at an airport. I had to cover my ears
So, class warriors, given the choice, I reckon most normal people would vote against the class you presumably support-and are completely indifferent to those they need neither support through welfarism nor ever encounter.
And as for the Old Labour Man the Blair Ban was simple cynical politicking. "I lose no votes by doing this and may even get a few tree hugger votes back from the looney reaches of the Green Greener and Greenest Parties"
But it showed at least a little more realism than Dough Faced Dave's crazy championing of Mock Marriage. Will the Katie Recycled Committee now re-enter the fray?
Even Bugsy's proposition is total rubbish Dai. Lot's of ordinary working people go hunting and Bugsy is trying to promote and old stereotype to support his own argument. For someone to call Bugsy a chav would be turning the same futile point on it's head.
I find the worst sort of inverted snobbery comes from people like Bugsy.
[quote][p][bold]Dai Rear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bugsy93[/bold] wrote: Putting men on the moon, splitting the atom, the computer age we are in today and it still takes a bunch of 'Hooray Henries' on horseback blowing silly horns with a pack of hounds to cure a problem with a fox getting the better of them. it appears that the fox is far more clever than it's assailants. The frustration results in the fox being torn apart to teach it a lesson. A good fence around their farms or a shotgun may cure the problem. But that is not bloodthirsty enough for them.[/p][/quote]You know what? You don't have to go anywhere near hunts-or "hooray henries", but you do have to shop. Yesterday I was in Tescos and a collection of underclass females, some apparently the progeny of others, started to howl and growl at each other, reaching volumes you'd only encounter at an airport. I had to cover my ears So, class warriors, given the choice, I reckon most normal people would vote against the class you presumably support-and are completely indifferent to those they need neither support through welfarism nor ever encounter. And as for the Old Labour Man the Blair Ban was simple cynical politicking. "I lose no votes by doing this and may even get a few tree hugger votes back from the looney reaches of the Green Greener and Greenest Parties" But it showed at least a little more realism than Dough Faced Dave's crazy championing of Mock Marriage. Will the Katie Recycled Committee now re-enter the fray?[/p][/quote]Even Bugsy's proposition is total rubbish Dai. Lot's of ordinary working people go hunting and Bugsy is trying to promote and old stereotype to support his own argument. For someone to call Bugsy a chav would be turning the same futile point on it's head. I find the worst sort of inverted snobbery comes from people like Bugsy. Woodgnome

12:55pm Thu 2 Jan 14

DDDog1 says...

Where did the fox go?




Boom boom.
Where did the fox go? Boom boom. DDDog1

1:58pm Thu 2 Jan 14

BassalegCountyFan says...

Dai Rear wrote:
bugsy93 wrote:
Putting men on the moon, splitting the atom, the computer age we are in today and it still takes a bunch of 'Hooray Henries' on horseback blowing silly horns with a pack of hounds to cure a problem with a fox getting the better of them. it appears that the fox is far more clever than it's assailants. The frustration results in the fox being torn apart to teach it a lesson.
A good fence around their farms or a shotgun may cure the problem. But that is not bloodthirsty enough for them.
You know what? You don't have to go anywhere near hunts-or "hooray henries", but you do have to shop. Yesterday I was in Tescos and a collection of underclass females, some apparently the progeny of others, started to howl and growl at each other, reaching volumes you'd only encounter at an airport. I had to cover my ears
So, class warriors, given the choice, I reckon most normal people would vote against the class you presumably support-and are completely indifferent to those they need neither support through welfarism nor ever encounter.
And as for the Old Labour Man the Blair Ban was simple cynical politicking. "I lose no votes by doing this and may even get a few tree hugger votes back from the looney reaches of the Green Greener and Greenest Parties"
But it showed at least a little more realism than Dough Faced Dave's crazy championing of Mock Marriage. Will the Katie Recycled Committee now re-enter the fray?
There's not a lot to be said in response to your snobby and offensive rant on "underclass females" (just because people speak loudly in a supermarket does not make them 'underclass',whateve
r that means) other that it's extremely ironic you criticize those on the left for being 'class warriors' when you spout out that sort of bizarre diatribe! If you want to look for 'class warriors' look no further than the tory party itself, who have been fighting to maintain the privileges of an elite few for over 200 years.

And actually the hunting ban didn't just appease the 'tree huggers' as you put it, but the vast majority of the British public who object to the cruel, outdated ritual of fox-hunting (which by the way, is still the sport of the hooray henrys, whatever 'hunt supporters' would say)
[quote][p][bold]Dai Rear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bugsy93[/bold] wrote: Putting men on the moon, splitting the atom, the computer age we are in today and it still takes a bunch of 'Hooray Henries' on horseback blowing silly horns with a pack of hounds to cure a problem with a fox getting the better of them. it appears that the fox is far more clever than it's assailants. The frustration results in the fox being torn apart to teach it a lesson. A good fence around their farms or a shotgun may cure the problem. But that is not bloodthirsty enough for them.[/p][/quote]You know what? You don't have to go anywhere near hunts-or "hooray henries", but you do have to shop. Yesterday I was in Tescos and a collection of underclass females, some apparently the progeny of others, started to howl and growl at each other, reaching volumes you'd only encounter at an airport. I had to cover my ears So, class warriors, given the choice, I reckon most normal people would vote against the class you presumably support-and are completely indifferent to those they need neither support through welfarism nor ever encounter. And as for the Old Labour Man the Blair Ban was simple cynical politicking. "I lose no votes by doing this and may even get a few tree hugger votes back from the looney reaches of the Green Greener and Greenest Parties" But it showed at least a little more realism than Dough Faced Dave's crazy championing of Mock Marriage. Will the Katie Recycled Committee now re-enter the fray?[/p][/quote]There's not a lot to be said in response to your snobby and offensive rant on "underclass females" (just because people speak loudly in a supermarket does not make them 'underclass',whateve r that means) other that it's extremely ironic you criticize those on the left for being 'class warriors' when you spout out that sort of bizarre diatribe! If you want to look for 'class warriors' look no further than the tory party itself, who have been fighting to maintain the privileges of an elite few for over 200 years. And actually the hunting ban didn't just appease the 'tree huggers' as you put it, but the vast majority of the British public who object to the cruel, outdated ritual of fox-hunting (which by the way, is still the sport of the hooray henrys, whatever 'hunt supporters' would say) BassalegCountyFan

2:13pm Thu 2 Jan 14

_Bryan_ says...

Actually, the vast majority of the British public don't care one way or the other on the subject of fox hunting. The ban was a cynical move by Tony Blair to gain support from the rabid animal rights lobby, whilst only upsetting a minority that would be unlikely to vote for labour under any circumstances.

The ban was purely and simply a political device to garner support. Concern for animal welfare didn't even come into it.

Incidentally, an earlier post stated that you could judge the quality of a person by how well they treat animals. Does this attitude include caring for horses, hounds and livestock, or is the judgement based purely on how a person treats vermin?
Actually, the vast majority of the British public don't care one way or the other on the subject of fox hunting. The ban was a cynical move by Tony Blair to gain support from the rabid animal rights lobby, whilst only upsetting a minority that would be unlikely to vote for labour under any circumstances. The ban was purely and simply a political device to garner support. Concern for animal welfare didn't even come into it. Incidentally, an earlier post stated that you could judge the quality of a person by how well they treat animals. Does this attitude include caring for horses, hounds and livestock, or is the judgement based purely on how a person treats vermin? _Bryan_

3:13pm Thu 2 Jan 14

BassalegCountyFan says...

_Bryan_ wrote:
Actually, the vast majority of the British public don't care one way or the other on the subject of fox hunting. The ban was a cynical move by Tony Blair to gain support from the rabid animal rights lobby, whilst only upsetting a minority that would be unlikely to vote for labour under any circumstances.

The ban was purely and simply a political device to garner support. Concern for animal welfare didn't even come into it.

Incidentally, an earlier post stated that you could judge the quality of a person by how well they treat animals. Does this attitude include caring for horses, hounds and livestock, or is the judgement based purely on how a person treats vermin?
Bryan, a recent survey found that 80% of the British public support the ban, that's pretty conclusive.

No creature deserves to get ripped to pieces by a pack - caring for the creatures you mention doesn't correspond with the cruelty of fox-hunting. It was banned for a reason
[quote][p][bold]_Bryan_[/bold] wrote: Actually, the vast majority of the British public don't care one way or the other on the subject of fox hunting. The ban was a cynical move by Tony Blair to gain support from the rabid animal rights lobby, whilst only upsetting a minority that would be unlikely to vote for labour under any circumstances. The ban was purely and simply a political device to garner support. Concern for animal welfare didn't even come into it. Incidentally, an earlier post stated that you could judge the quality of a person by how well they treat animals. Does this attitude include caring for horses, hounds and livestock, or is the judgement based purely on how a person treats vermin?[/p][/quote]Bryan, a recent survey found that 80% of the British public support the ban, that's pretty conclusive. No creature deserves to get ripped to pieces by a pack - caring for the creatures you mention doesn't correspond with the cruelty of fox-hunting. It was banned for a reason BassalegCountyFan

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree