More than 100 kids are caught with cannabis in Gwent

THERE were more than 100 incidents of youngsters being caught with cannabis by police in Gwent in one year a Freedom of Information request has shown.

Between November 1, 2012, and October 31, 2013, there were 113 recorded crimes of children under the age of 18 being caught with illegal drugs in Gwent.

All the incidents involved the drug cannabis with the youngest offender being 13-years-old.

The figures showed that of the 113 recorded incidents, 30 of them involved a youngster between the ages of 13 to 15 years while 83 incidents involved a youngster aged 16 to 17-years-old.

The Freedom of Information request carried out by the Argus asked for the number of incidents involving a child under the age of 18 being caught with illegal drugs in the Gwent area during the time period.

The response showed that all the incidents recorded involved cannabis being found and no other drug.

A Gwent Police spokeswoman said drug and substance misuse among people of any age is a concern for Gwent Police and a zero tolerance approach is taken when dealing with illegal drug offences.

She said: “Gwent police works closely with the youth offending team to divert children and young people away from crime and the criminal justice system. When under 18s come into police custody a referral is made to the youth offending team where they can receive the appropriate support following release.

“The 18 school liaison officers in Gwent deliver a very comprehensive educational programme to pupils aged five to 16, which includes raising awareness of the dangers of drug, alcohol and substance misuse.

“Additionally, our neighbourhood policing teams work alongside local groups and organisations to offer diversionary and alternative activities for young people in Gwent to get involved in.”

Comments (33)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:53am Tue 31 Dec 13

spanner100 says...

"Tip of the Iceberg seems to come to mind!!
"Tip of the Iceberg seems to come to mind!! spanner100

8:59am Tue 31 Dec 13

ncfcr says...

Better for your healh than cigarettes though; at least the youth of today are health conscious.
Better for your healh than cigarettes though; at least the youth of today are health conscious. ncfcr

9:10am Tue 31 Dec 13

KarloMarko says...

How many of our Gwent police were caught with dope? Must be using something strong to be so "out of it" all the time.
How many of our Gwent police were caught with dope? Must be using something strong to be so "out of it" all the time. KarloMarko

9:43am Tue 31 Dec 13

PJ Reynolds says...

This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers.

Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem.

Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe?

Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.
This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children. PJ Reynolds

12:50pm Tue 31 Dec 13

WELSH BUDDAH says...

PJ Reynolds wrote:
This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers.

Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem.

Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe?

Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.
I 100% agree with you on this but not everybody in the country does some top cops have asked for this in the past.
[quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.[/p][/quote]I 100% agree with you on this but not everybody in the country does some top cops have asked for this in the past. WELSH BUDDAH

4:34pm Wed 1 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

The Pro pot lobby are out in force I see, they have been fairly quiet recently
The Pro pot lobby are out in force I see, they have been fairly quiet recently Dr Martin

4:45pm Wed 1 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

spanner100 wrote:
"Tip of the Iceberg seems to come to mind!!
at least it's a start
[quote][p][bold]spanner100[/bold] wrote: "Tip of the Iceberg seems to come to mind!![/p][/quote]at least it's a start Dr Martin

4:51pm Wed 1 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

PJ Reynolds wrote:
This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers.

Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem.

Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe?

Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.
Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK
[quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.[/p][/quote]Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK Dr Martin

5:18pm Wed 1 Jan 14

PJ Reynolds says...

Dr Martin wrote:
PJ Reynolds wrote:
This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers.

Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem.

Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe?

Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.
Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK
Perhaps you can't read? The Netherlands has fewer children using cannabis than in the UK and one of the highest ages at first use in Europe.

Source: http://www.emcdda.eu
ropa.eu/stats13
[quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.[/p][/quote]Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK[/p][/quote]Perhaps you can't read? The Netherlands has fewer children using cannabis than in the UK and one of the highest ages at first use in Europe. Source: http://www.emcdda.eu ropa.eu/stats13 PJ Reynolds

5:23pm Wed 1 Jan 14

Nebs says...

Just say NO to illegal drugs.
Just say NO to illegal drugs. Nebs

5:24pm Wed 1 Jan 14

Skellingtons says...

Dr Martin wrote:
PJ Reynolds wrote:
This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers.

Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem.

Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe?

Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.
Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK
Q) Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK?
A) It doesn't.

PR was right.
If you can't prove your point with facts, it belittles your cause to use lies instead.

http://www.eastbayex
press.com/binary/326
3/1316630626-drug_us
e_graph.gif
[quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.[/p][/quote]Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK[/p][/quote]Q) Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK? A) It doesn't. PR was right. If you can't prove your point with facts, it belittles your cause to use lies instead. http://www.eastbayex press.com/binary/326 3/1316630626-drug_us e_graph.gif Skellingtons

5:26pm Wed 1 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

PJ Reynolds wrote:
Dr Martin wrote:
PJ Reynolds wrote:
This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers.

Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem.

Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe?

Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.
Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK
Perhaps you can't read? The Netherlands has fewer children using cannabis than in the UK and one of the highest ages at first use in Europe.

Source: http://www.emcdda.eu

ropa.eu/stats13
which table are you referring to?
[quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.[/p][/quote]Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK[/p][/quote]Perhaps you can't read? The Netherlands has fewer children using cannabis than in the UK and one of the highest ages at first use in Europe. Source: http://www.emcdda.eu ropa.eu/stats13[/p][/quote]which table are you referring to? Dr Martin

5:39pm Wed 1 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

Skellingtons wrote:
Dr Martin wrote:
PJ Reynolds wrote:
This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers.

Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem.

Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe?

Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.
Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK
Q) Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK?
A) It doesn't.

PR was right.
If you can't prove your point with facts, it belittles your cause to use lies instead.

http://www.eastbayex

press.com/binary/326

3/1316630626-drug_us

e_graph.gif
Are you serious? how "old" are those stats?
[quote][p][bold]Skellingtons[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.[/p][/quote]Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK[/p][/quote]Q) Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK? A) It doesn't. PR was right. If you can't prove your point with facts, it belittles your cause to use lies instead. http://www.eastbayex press.com/binary/326 3/1316630626-drug_us e_graph.gif[/p][/quote]Are you serious? how "old" are those stats? Dr Martin

6:12pm Wed 1 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

Nebs wrote:
Just say NO to illegal drugs.
Happy new year to you Nebs
[quote][p][bold]Nebs[/bold] wrote: Just say NO to illegal drugs.[/p][/quote]Happy new year to you Nebs Dr Martin

6:42pm Wed 1 Jan 14

shoebury asbo says...

our lives are so hollow and empty we need to escape the mundanity of our own existence yeah. high five me spammer reynolds
our lives are so hollow and empty we need to escape the mundanity of our own existence yeah. high five me spammer reynolds shoebury asbo

6:44pm Wed 1 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

shoebury asbo wrote:
our lives are so hollow and empty we need to escape the mundanity of our own existence yeah. high five me spammer reynolds
Welcome to Wales
[quote][p][bold]shoebury asbo[/bold] wrote: our lives are so hollow and empty we need to escape the mundanity of our own existence yeah. high five me spammer reynolds[/p][/quote]Welcome to Wales Dr Martin

6:46pm Wed 1 Jan 14

shoebury asbo says...

PJ Reynolds wrote:
This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers.

Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem.

Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe?

Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.
you don't give a rat's testicle about children using dope. this is all about legitimising your filthy illegal habit.
[quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.[/p][/quote]you don't give a rat's testicle about children using dope. this is all about legitimising your filthy illegal habit. shoebury asbo

6:49pm Wed 1 Jan 14

shoebury asbo says...

croeso.

btw i got a clear wee mat under the tree this year from mrs asbo. will try for no splashes...honest.
croeso. btw i got a clear wee mat under the tree this year from mrs asbo. will try for no splashes...honest. shoebury asbo

6:55pm Wed 1 Jan 14

shoebury asbo says...

compliments the david nutt toilet paper.
compliments the david nutt toilet paper. shoebury asbo

9:22am Thu 2 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

Dr Martin wrote:
Skellingtons wrote:
Dr Martin wrote:
PJ Reynolds wrote:
This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers.

Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem.

Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe?

Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.
Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK
Q) Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK?
A) It doesn't.

PR was right.
If you can't prove your point with facts, it belittles your cause to use lies instead.

http://www.eastbayex


press.com/binary/326


3/1316630626-drug_us


e_graph.gif
Are you serious? how "old" are those stats?
What is it with the pro pot lobby and their old stats, I mean 2003-2007 (since you failed to mention it) that's almost as bad as CLEAR using the 2003 Les Iversen quote
I thought with 5 or 6 pro pot comments might have a decent debate, where have all the stoners gone?
[quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Skellingtons[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.[/p][/quote]Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK[/p][/quote]Q) Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK? A) It doesn't. PR was right. If you can't prove your point with facts, it belittles your cause to use lies instead. http://www.eastbayex press.com/binary/326 3/1316630626-drug_us e_graph.gif[/p][/quote]Are you serious? how "old" are those stats?[/p][/quote]What is it with the pro pot lobby and their old stats, I mean 2003-2007 (since you failed to mention it) that's almost as bad as CLEAR using the 2003 Les Iversen quote I thought with 5 or 6 pro pot comments might have a decent debate, where have all the stoners gone? Dr Martin

10:51am Thu 2 Jan 14

Nebs says...

Dr Martin wrote:
Dr Martin wrote:
Skellingtons wrote:
Dr Martin wrote:
PJ Reynolds wrote:
This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers.

Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem.

Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe?

Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.
Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK
Q) Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK?
A) It doesn't.

PR was right.
If you can't prove your point with facts, it belittles your cause to use lies instead.

http://www.eastbayex



press.com/binary/326



3/1316630626-drug_us



e_graph.gif
Are you serious? how "old" are those stats?
What is it with the pro pot lobby and their old stats, I mean 2003-2007 (since you failed to mention it) that's almost as bad as CLEAR using the 2003 Les Iversen quote
I thought with 5 or 6 pro pot comments might have a decent debate, where have all the stoners gone?
Maybe they have made resolutions to give up the weed. Deep down they know it makes sense. All they have to do is just say NO to illegal drugs.

Happy new year to you Doc.
[quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Skellingtons[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.[/p][/quote]Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK[/p][/quote]Q) Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK? A) It doesn't. PR was right. If you can't prove your point with facts, it belittles your cause to use lies instead. http://www.eastbayex press.com/binary/326 3/1316630626-drug_us e_graph.gif[/p][/quote]Are you serious? how "old" are those stats?[/p][/quote]What is it with the pro pot lobby and their old stats, I mean 2003-2007 (since you failed to mention it) that's almost as bad as CLEAR using the 2003 Les Iversen quote I thought with 5 or 6 pro pot comments might have a decent debate, where have all the stoners gone?[/p][/quote]Maybe they have made resolutions to give up the weed. Deep down they know it makes sense. All they have to do is just say NO to illegal drugs. Happy new year to you Doc. Nebs

12:48pm Thu 2 Jan 14

shoebury asbo says...

brother can you spare a bitcoin?
brother can you spare a bitcoin? shoebury asbo

12:51pm Thu 2 Jan 14

shoebury asbo says...

i chucked the CLEAR calender away....going with the NORMLUK calender this year....far classier
i chucked the CLEAR calender away....going with the NORMLUK calender this year....far classier shoebury asbo

2:05pm Thu 2 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

It's the CVF420 who seem to have taken over the job of spamming of pro pot propaganda recently.
It's the CVF420 who seem to have taken over the job of spamming of pro pot propaganda recently. Dr Martin

2:25pm Thu 2 Jan 14

shoebury asbo says...

Dr Martin wrote:
It's the CVF420 who seem to have taken over the job of spamming of pro pot propaganda recently.
aren't they a terrorist organisation
[quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: It's the CVF420 who seem to have taken over the job of spamming of pro pot propaganda recently.[/p][/quote]aren't they a terrorist organisation shoebury asbo

5:12pm Thu 2 Jan 14

Dai Rear says...

"Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe?" (I'll take it you mean "lowest")
a) Dutch coppers don't bother
b) they're not very good at keeping statistics
c) they have less dysfunctional families than Wales (that wouldn't be hard)
e) they know they can fill their boots when the get a bit older, so they're content to wait
d) a bit of all four above
"Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe?" (I'll take it you mean "lowest") a) Dutch coppers don't bother b) they're not very good at keeping statistics c) they have less dysfunctional families than Wales (that wouldn't be hard) e) they know they can fill their boots when the get a bit older, so they're content to wait d) a bit of all four above Dai Rear

7:36pm Thu 2 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

Good to see you Dai, was hoping for a more of a show from the pro pot alliance (must be munchies time)
Shoebury and Nebs have assisted in many debates against the so called "wonder drug"
The Echo Essex has had the best and longest cannabis debates recently
www.echo-news.co.uk/

Will keep you informed of any cannabis stories as I see them
Good to see you Dai, was hoping for a more of a show from the pro pot alliance (must be munchies time) Shoebury and Nebs have assisted in many debates against the so called "wonder drug" The Echo Essex has had the best and longest cannabis debates recently www.echo-news.co.uk/ ‎ Will keep you informed of any cannabis stories as I see them Dr Martin

7:56am Fri 3 Jan 14

Dai Rear says...

Dr Martin wrote:
Good to see you Dai, was hoping for a more of a show from the pro pot alliance (must be munchies time)
Shoebury and Nebs have assisted in many debates against the so called "wonder drug"
The Echo Essex has had the best and longest cannabis debates recently
www.echo-news.co.uk/


Will keep you informed of any cannabis stories as I see them
Actually I believe they all took a charter flight to Colorado, from Schipol.
[quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: Good to see you Dai, was hoping for a more of a show from the pro pot alliance (must be munchies time) Shoebury and Nebs have assisted in many debates against the so called "wonder drug" The Echo Essex has had the best and longest cannabis debates recently www.echo-news.co.uk/ ‎ Will keep you informed of any cannabis stories as I see them[/p][/quote]Actually I believe they all took a charter flight to Colorado, from Schipol. Dai Rear

4:25pm Fri 3 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

Dr Martin wrote:
PJ Reynolds wrote:
Dr Martin wrote:
PJ Reynolds wrote:
This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers.

Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem.

Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe?

Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.
Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK
Perhaps you can't read? The Netherlands has fewer children using cannabis than in the UK and one of the highest ages at first use in Europe.

Source: http://www.emcdda.eu


ropa.eu/stats13
which table are you referring to?
Which table peter?, I know you have to compete with the CVF420 cut and paste lobby
[quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.[/p][/quote]Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK[/p][/quote]Perhaps you can't read? The Netherlands has fewer children using cannabis than in the UK and one of the highest ages at first use in Europe. Source: http://www.emcdda.eu ropa.eu/stats13[/p][/quote]which table are you referring to?[/p][/quote]Which table peter?, I know you have to compete with the CVF420 cut and paste lobby Dr Martin

9:54am Sun 5 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

Skellingtons wrote:
Dr Martin wrote:
PJ Reynolds wrote:
This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers.

Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem.

Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe?

Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.
Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK
Q) Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK?
A) It doesn't.

PR was right.
If you can't prove your point with facts, it belittles your cause to use lies instead.

http://www.eastbayex

press.com/binary/326

3/1316630626-drug_us

e_graph.gif
I have asked him twice now to let everyone know which table he is referring to
and your figures are over 6 years old
[quote][p][bold]Skellingtons[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.[/p][/quote]Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK[/p][/quote]Q) Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK? A) It doesn't. PR was right. If you can't prove your point with facts, it belittles your cause to use lies instead. http://www.eastbayex press.com/binary/326 3/1316630626-drug_us e_graph.gif[/p][/quote]I have asked him twice now to let everyone know which table he is referring to and your figures are over 6 years old Dr Martin

9:33am Mon 6 Jan 14

Practicalmickey says...

While the legalisation argument is interesting from those who want to smoke it and then there's the. Say. No to legal drugs argument.
If it was legal (all drugs not just cannabis) then it could be controlled, produced without the rubbish it's cut with, managed, monitored, taxed, or provided free.
Imagine the real reduction in crime, the fewer drugs deaths, the more widely available help to get off the drugs provided through the same agencies providing huge drugs
the drug dealing gangs on push bikes, gone.
The drug dealer king pins in fancy cars, gone.
The needles in the parks, gone.
The waiting list for a DRR, gone.
The families ripped Part by the secrecy, gone.
It wouldn't be perfect but maybe it would be better.
But remember the article is about kids with cannabis, they wouldn't be able to have the drugs on the 'program' anyway.
If anything is legalised then it can be controlled (to a certain extent).
Alcohol in America. When they banned it, there were 'dealers'.
While the legalisation argument is interesting from those who want to smoke it and then there's the. Say. No to legal drugs argument. If it was legal (all drugs not just cannabis) then it could be controlled, produced without the rubbish it's cut with, managed, monitored, taxed, or provided free. Imagine the real reduction in crime, the fewer drugs deaths, the more widely available help to get off the drugs provided through the same agencies providing huge drugs the drug dealing gangs on push bikes, gone. The drug dealer king pins in fancy cars, gone. The needles in the parks, gone. The waiting list for a DRR, gone. The families ripped Part by the secrecy, gone. It wouldn't be perfect but maybe it would be better. But remember the article is about kids with cannabis, they wouldn't be able to have the drugs on the 'program' anyway. If anything is legalised then it can be controlled (to a certain extent). Alcohol in America. When they banned it, there were 'dealers'. Practicalmickey

12:47pm Mon 6 Jan 14

whatintheworld says...

Dr Martin wrote:
Skellingtons wrote:
Dr Martin wrote:
PJ Reynolds wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.
Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK
Q) Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK? A) It doesn't. PR was right. If you can't prove your point with facts, it belittles your cause to use lies instead. http://www.eastbayex press.com/binary/326 3/1316630626-drug_us e_graph.gif
I have asked him twice now to let everyone know which table he is referring to and your figures are over 6 years old
while the age of a study can count against its reliability, six years is not long enough to completely discount the findings.

two seperate readers have provided proof for this claim, yet you have provided nil.

guess we've got Colorado's and Washington State's figures to look forward to though. for a preview, check out Portugal's.

hint - higher regulation of cannabis leads to lower usage amongst kids. see the example of alcohol consumption on the continent vs. here
[quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Skellingtons[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.[/p][/quote]Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK[/p][/quote]Q) Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK? A) It doesn't. PR was right. If you can't prove your point with facts, it belittles your cause to use lies instead. http://www.eastbayex press.com/binary/326 3/1316630626-drug_us e_graph.gif[/p][/quote]I have asked him twice now to let everyone know which table he is referring to and your figures are over 6 years old[/p][/quote]while the age of a study can count against its reliability, six years is not long enough to completely discount the findings. two seperate readers have provided proof for this claim, yet you have provided nil. guess we've got Colorado's and Washington State's figures to look forward to though. for a preview, check out Portugal's. hint - higher regulation of cannabis leads to lower usage amongst kids. see the example of alcohol consumption on the continent vs. here whatintheworld

3:01pm Mon 6 Jan 14

Dr Martin says...

whatintheworld wrote:
Dr Martin wrote:
Skellingtons wrote:
Dr Martin wrote:
PJ Reynolds wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.
Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK
Q) Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK? A) It doesn't. PR was right. If you can't prove your point with facts, it belittles your cause to use lies instead. http://www.eastbayex press.com/binary/326 3/1316630626-drug_us e_graph.gif
I have asked him twice now to let everyone know which table he is referring to and your figures are over 6 years old
while the age of a study can count against its reliability, six years is not long enough to completely discount the findings.

two seperate readers have provided proof for this claim, yet you have provided nil.

guess we've got Colorado's and Washington State's figures to look forward to though. for a preview, check out Portugal's.

hint - higher regulation of cannabis leads to lower usage amongst kids. see the example of alcohol consumption on the continent vs. here
One reader has provided proof albeit 6 + years old, Reynolds has failed to answer my question as to which of his tables he was referring to
My evidence Figure 5: Lifetime prevalence of cannabis use among 15- to 16-year-old school students in the ESPAD and comparable surveys carried out in 2010 and 2011 (page 46)
http://www.emcdda.eu
ropa.eu/publications
/annual-report/2012

This shows that Netherlands, Czech Republic and United States all have higher prevalence rates amongst 15-16 year olds and have on the whole more relaxed laws regarding cannabis which debunks your “higher regulation of cannabis leads to lower usage amongst kids”
[quote][p][bold]whatintheworld[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Skellingtons[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PJ Reynolds[/bold] wrote: This is a direct result of our government's idiotic policy on cannabis which has abandoned our children to street dealers. Take the market out of the hands of criminals, make cannabis legally available to adults through licensed outlets and you will minimise the problem. Why does Holland have the fewest number of children using cannabis and one of the highest ages of first use in Europe? Because adults can buy cannabis from coffee shops and copffee shop owners lose their licences if they sell to children.[/p][/quote]Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK[/p][/quote]Q) Why indeed does the Netherlands have a higher number of children using cannabis than UK? A) It doesn't. PR was right. If you can't prove your point with facts, it belittles your cause to use lies instead. http://www.eastbayex press.com/binary/326 3/1316630626-drug_us e_graph.gif[/p][/quote]I have asked him twice now to let everyone know which table he is referring to and your figures are over 6 years old[/p][/quote]while the age of a study can count against its reliability, six years is not long enough to completely discount the findings. two seperate readers have provided proof for this claim, yet you have provided nil. guess we've got Colorado's and Washington State's figures to look forward to though. for a preview, check out Portugal's. hint - higher regulation of cannabis leads to lower usage amongst kids. see the example of alcohol consumption on the continent vs. here[/p][/quote]One reader has provided proof albeit 6 + years old, Reynolds has failed to answer my question as to which of his tables he was referring to My evidence Figure 5: Lifetime prevalence of cannabis use among 15- to 16-year-old school students in the ESPAD and comparable surveys carried out in 2010 and 2011 (page 46) http://www.emcdda.eu ropa.eu/publications /annual-report/2012 This shows that Netherlands, Czech Republic and United States all have higher prevalence rates amongst 15-16 year olds and have on the whole more relaxed laws regarding cannabis which debunks your “higher regulation of cannabis leads to lower usage amongst kids” Dr Martin

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree