One hurt after wood-burning stove explodes in house on Malpas Road, Newport

One hurt after stove explodes in Newport

One hurt after stove explodes in Newport

First published in News
Last updated

A CASUALTY was taken to hospital after a wood burner exploded at a house in Newport tonight.

Fire crews were called to the two-storey terraced house on Malpas Road at 7.08pm.

Two engines were sent to the scene, but crews reported no fire in the house.

A casualty was taken to hospital as a precaution after being seen by paramedics, a spokeswoman for South Wales Fire Service said.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree