IT'S THE WEEKEND: Shopping with Keiligh Baker - Hot yellow looks for summer
4:42pm Sunday 25th May 2014 in News
IT’s this season’s hottest shade, and yellow doesn’t look like it will be going anywhere for a while.
With more and more high street chains releasing clothes in the fruity- coloured tone, it’s safe to say wearing yellow is a must this summer.
From shoes and bags to that sell-out coat at Zara (£99.99), the colour perfectly captures all things summery.
From neon to banana to canary to pastel, yellow is the new black – for now, at least.
If you are slightly apprehensive about donning such a bold hue, start small with a purse, necklace or chiffon scarf.
For the bolder, try a gorgeous yellow light coat, perfect for protecting you from those pesky British summer showers.
And for the really brave, why not colour block your entire outfit in one hue of the vibrant shade?
Here’s my top picks of the best yellow clothes, shoes and accessories:
1.Topshop Looker Cork Platform Sandals, £55.00. These gorgeous yellow leather cork platform sandals are perfect for weddings and parties. Team with a white pleated mini skirt for a fresh and innocent look. Heel height is 5.5" and the upper material is 100 per cent leather - a bargain for the price.
2. Topshop Cara Jacket, £55. This lemon-yellow cropped tailore jacket would see you go from work to drinks, while the eye-catching colour is balanced by the smart tailoring.
3. Dunnes Stores SAVIDA, Stud Wallet, £13. An easy way to dip your toe in this bold colour trend, this purse is durable and warable. The studs give it a slightly sexier edge.
4. Miss Selfridge vest, £8. Nail two trends in one with this gorgeous, cheap-as-chips strappy vest, which is both canary yellow and also ties intot he nineties trend which doesn’t seem to be going anywhere for a season or two. Team it with a floaty maxi, or for a edgier look, with denim cut offs and a fringed leather jacket.
5. Debenhams Principles By Ben De Lisi dress, £65. This dress would be great for a summer wedding, while its peter pan collar and demure lace cut out design balance its eye-searingly bright shade.
6. Marisota Lemon Dress £22.50. Not only is this dress a bargain price and a super-flatteing cut, it is covered in lemons! Guareenteed to get you ltos of compliments.
7. Bonprix embellished swimsuit, £19.99. This flattering swimsuit would look great poolside with a cocktail in one hand and a Jackie Collins in the other. The easy way to look a femme fatale.
8. Marks & Spencer Autograph collection coat, £110. This car coat from Autograph puts a modern spin on the timeless style and will seamlessly take you from work to weekend.
9. ASOS Suede Mini Backpack with Fringing £30.00. This handy backpack made from leather comes with a soft suede finish, flap front closure, adjustable straps and grab handle and a super stylish fringed trim. It’s ideal for festivals and nights out.
10. ASOS Full Midi Skirt In Cotton, £35. This gorgeous skirt will keep you cool and fashionable for work this summer. Made from a woven cotton-rich blend, it features a high-rise waist and pleated design. Team with a white shirt for a contemporary twist on a classic look.
Comments are closed on this article.