Newport tot left in agony after gate collapse

Hannah Cohen from Barrackswood and her daughter Shakira Brooks aged 4 who was injured after a gate fell on her whilst they were walking to school (7009060)

Shakira Brooks aged 4 who was injured after this gate fell on her whilst she was walking to school (7060758)

Shakira Brooks aged 4 who was injured after a gate fell on her whilst they were walking to school (7009140)

First published in News

A NEWPORT tot suffered from bruising and tissue damage after her mum said a gate fell on top of her as she was on her way to school.

Four-year-old Shakira Brooks, of Barrackswood, was running ahead through the park area on Harlequin Drive, Newport, on Tuesday morning at around 8.45am when the incident happened.

The youngster was with her mum and siblings at the time making her way to Crindau Primary School.

Shakira's mum Hannah Cohen, 27, said the gate fell on top of the youngster but the gate handle struck her left foot causing injury.

Miss Cohen, 27, said the gate measured around 10ft by four ft.

Miss Cohen rushed to her daughter's aid, along with the help of her other children aged eight and nine, who managed to lift the gate off Shakira.

Shakira was taken to the Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport, where she has since been discharged suffering from severe bruising and soft tissue damage on her foot.

But mum Miss Cohen said she is left furious following the incident, and said that things could have been a lot worse for the tot who she said has been in 'agony' following the incident.

“I am devastated,” the mother of five said.

“I am currently taking legal action as it could have been her head that it fell on.

“She was just running in front of me when the wind blew the gate and it fell, landing on her foot.

“She was screaming.

“We are all distraught.

“I lifted the gate myself and left it where it fell on her.

“I tried to get her to walk but she couldn’t, so we got an ambulance and took her to hospital.”

Miss Cohen added that earlier that morning neighbours had complained to Newport council about the gate but action wasn’t taken until later that day when workmen mended the gate, believed to have been damaged by vandals.

A Newport council spokeswoman said: “Newport City Council wishes the individual involved in this incident a speedy recovery.

“The gate in question had been vandalised and left in an unsafe condition.

"As soon as the council became aware of this incident, the streetscene department reattached the gate to its hinges and secured it for re-use.”

Comments (23)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:19pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Thor at the door says...

A mum at 18, 5 kids, from Barrackswood, I assume she does not work and is looking for a pay-out from NCC!

"I am currently taking legal action as it could have been her head that it fell on" - who is paying for that I wonder? With all the handouts she gets for her 5 kids, does'nt she think the tax payer gives her enough?

A pure accident, not NCC fault, and I bet the whole episode has been dramatised!

People like this need to get a grip, what if a branch fell off a tree in the wind and hit her foot? Who gets the blame for that?

If the 4 year old child was being supervised and not allowed to "run ahead" then this nasty accident might not have happened.

The irony is that it might have been some of the undesirables from Barrackswood who caused the damage to the gate.

However, I do hope the poor little girl makes a full recovery and a lesson has been learned; "4 year olds need to be kept an eye on"
A mum at 18, 5 kids, from Barrackswood, I assume she does not work and is looking for a pay-out from NCC! "I am currently taking legal action as it could have been her head that it fell on" - who is paying for that I wonder? With all the handouts she gets for her 5 kids, does'nt she think the tax payer gives her enough? A pure accident, not NCC fault, and I bet the whole episode has been dramatised! People like this need to get a grip, what if a branch fell off a tree in the wind and hit her foot? Who gets the blame for that? If the 4 year old child was being supervised and not allowed to "run ahead" then this nasty accident might not have happened. The irony is that it might have been some of the undesirables from Barrackswood who caused the damage to the gate. However, I do hope the poor little girl makes a full recovery and a lesson has been learned; "4 year olds need to be kept an eye on" Thor at the door
  • Score: 90

4:20pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Floppy backed says...

Here we go compensation, compensation culture....all comes out of the pot - you take the money out of vital services mother of 5. No real harm done - move on. What are you claiming for anyway?
Here we go compensation, compensation culture....all comes out of the pot - you take the money out of vital services mother of 5. No real harm done - move on. What are you claiming for anyway? Floppy backed
  • Score: 63

4:32pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Thor at the door says...

Floppy backed wrote:
Here we go compensation, compensation culture....all comes out of the pot - you take the money out of vital services mother of 5. No real harm done - move on. What are you claiming for anyway?
It sure does make you sick! I genuinly hope the little toddler is ok, it's not her fault, but accidents do happen.
[quote][p][bold]Floppy backed[/bold] wrote: Here we go compensation, compensation culture....all comes out of the pot - you take the money out of vital services mother of 5. No real harm done - move on. What are you claiming for anyway?[/p][/quote]It sure does make you sick! I genuinly hope the little toddler is ok, it's not her fault, but accidents do happen. Thor at the door
  • Score: 38

5:35pm Thu 12 Jun 14

cymruamblyth says...

Thor at the door wrote:
A mum at 18, 5 kids, from Barrackswood, I assume she does not work and is looking for a pay-out from NCC!

"I am currently taking legal action as it could have been her head that it fell on" - who is paying for that I wonder? With all the handouts she gets for her 5 kids, does'nt she think the tax payer gives her enough?

A pure accident, not NCC fault, and I bet the whole episode has been dramatised!

People like this need to get a grip, what if a branch fell off a tree in the wind and hit her foot? Who gets the blame for that?

If the 4 year old child was being supervised and not allowed to "run ahead" then this nasty accident might not have happened.

The irony is that it might have been some of the undesirables from Barrackswood who caused the damage to the gate.

However, I do hope the poor little girl makes a full recovery and a lesson has been learned; "4 year olds need to be kept an eye on"
After seeing the headline I automatically thought of some Vicki Pollard type with several kids, and was proved right.. Maybe she should have less kids as she obviously can't supervise them.. Barrackswood is Seren housing so doubt she's employed.. I despair at this lost generation kids have kids and have no discipline, morale's or even good parenting..

I know Dumb and Dumber the two lefties will start foaming at the mouth at this but what responsible parent leaves a 4 year unattended...
[quote][p][bold]Thor at the door[/bold] wrote: A mum at 18, 5 kids, from Barrackswood, I assume she does not work and is looking for a pay-out from NCC! "I am currently taking legal action as it could have been her head that it fell on" - who is paying for that I wonder? With all the handouts she gets for her 5 kids, does'nt she think the tax payer gives her enough? A pure accident, not NCC fault, and I bet the whole episode has been dramatised! People like this need to get a grip, what if a branch fell off a tree in the wind and hit her foot? Who gets the blame for that? If the 4 year old child was being supervised and not allowed to "run ahead" then this nasty accident might not have happened. The irony is that it might have been some of the undesirables from Barrackswood who caused the damage to the gate. However, I do hope the poor little girl makes a full recovery and a lesson has been learned; "4 year olds need to be kept an eye on"[/p][/quote]After seeing the headline I automatically thought of some Vicki Pollard type with several kids, and was proved right.. Maybe she should have less kids as she obviously can't supervise them.. Barrackswood is Seren housing so doubt she's employed.. I despair at this lost generation kids have kids and have no discipline, morale's or even good parenting.. I know Dumb and Dumber the two lefties will start foaming at the mouth at this but what responsible parent leaves a 4 year unattended... cymruamblyth
  • Score: 47

6:10pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Thor at the door says...

cymruamblyth wrote:
Thor at the door wrote:
A mum at 18, 5 kids, from Barrackswood, I assume she does not work and is looking for a pay-out from NCC!

"I am currently taking legal action as it could have been her head that it fell on" - who is paying for that I wonder? With all the handouts she gets for her 5 kids, does'nt she think the tax payer gives her enough?

A pure accident, not NCC fault, and I bet the whole episode has been dramatised!

People like this need to get a grip, what if a branch fell off a tree in the wind and hit her foot? Who gets the blame for that?

If the 4 year old child was being supervised and not allowed to "run ahead" then this nasty accident might not have happened.

The irony is that it might have been some of the undesirables from Barrackswood who caused the damage to the gate.

However, I do hope the poor little girl makes a full recovery and a lesson has been learned; "4 year olds need to be kept an eye on"
After seeing the headline I automatically thought of some Vicki Pollard type with several kids, and was proved right.. Maybe she should have less kids as she obviously can't supervise them.. Barrackswood is Seren housing so doubt she's employed.. I despair at this lost generation kids have kids and have no discipline, morale's or even good parenting..

I know Dumb and Dumber the two lefties will start foaming at the mouth at this but what responsible parent leaves a 4 year unattended...
I agree with all you say. I think the vast majority of normal folk are fed up of this kind of breed, the benefits culture etc.

It's just if your face where ever you go. I can see it now; the parent and her 5 kids at the post office of a Monday morning, the kids running around, her shouting at them, grab the cash and off to Iceland then up new look, then home to a 60 inch tv and a dominos....

I think I have cheered myself up! Lol! Sad state of affairs. But as I said, I hope the little one is ok and recovers with no lasting effects.
[quote][p][bold]cymruamblyth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thor at the door[/bold] wrote: A mum at 18, 5 kids, from Barrackswood, I assume she does not work and is looking for a pay-out from NCC! "I am currently taking legal action as it could have been her head that it fell on" - who is paying for that I wonder? With all the handouts she gets for her 5 kids, does'nt she think the tax payer gives her enough? A pure accident, not NCC fault, and I bet the whole episode has been dramatised! People like this need to get a grip, what if a branch fell off a tree in the wind and hit her foot? Who gets the blame for that? If the 4 year old child was being supervised and not allowed to "run ahead" then this nasty accident might not have happened. The irony is that it might have been some of the undesirables from Barrackswood who caused the damage to the gate. However, I do hope the poor little girl makes a full recovery and a lesson has been learned; "4 year olds need to be kept an eye on"[/p][/quote]After seeing the headline I automatically thought of some Vicki Pollard type with several kids, and was proved right.. Maybe she should have less kids as she obviously can't supervise them.. Barrackswood is Seren housing so doubt she's employed.. I despair at this lost generation kids have kids and have no discipline, morale's or even good parenting.. I know Dumb and Dumber the two lefties will start foaming at the mouth at this but what responsible parent leaves a 4 year unattended...[/p][/quote]I agree with all you say. I think the vast majority of normal folk are fed up of this kind of breed, the benefits culture etc. It's just if your face where ever you go. I can see it now; the parent and her 5 kids at the post office of a Monday morning, the kids running around, her shouting at them, grab the cash and off to Iceland then up new look, then home to a 60 inch tv and a dominos.... I think I have cheered myself up! Lol! Sad state of affairs. But as I said, I hope the little one is ok and recovers with no lasting effects. Thor at the door
  • Score: 34

7:39pm Thu 12 Jun 14

lcu06rjt says...

There was a perfectly good and safe walk through area to the right anyway. I agree with all the comments above. This child needed to be supervised.
There was a perfectly good and safe walk through area to the right anyway. I agree with all the comments above. This child needed to be supervised. lcu06rjt
  • Score: 30

10:42pm Thu 12 Jun 14

welsh_n_proud says...

I agree that the child should have been supervised, but I think the 'benefits culture' comments are a little harsh. If the person injured had been an elderly person, or a war veteran, or a busy working person rushing off to work, would you still be saying 'accidents happen'? Whether she receives benefits or not has no relevance to the story here. A young child was injured by a gate that was insecure and fell over.

'Fault', however, is a totally different issue. Are NCC really at fault if a gate that had been vandalsied fell over before NCC could get to it to fix it? I don't think so.

Equally, I do wonder why she's made a claim. If it had fallen on the child's head then fair enough, but seems that after the shock wore off, the pain in her foot would have subsided and she must be OK by now. Why try to get money from the insurance of NCC? It's not 'free' money - someone has to pay, and that will be the rest of Newport. It will push up our council tax and other rates to cover the increase in premiums if such unnecessary claims are successful.
I agree that the child should have been supervised, but I think the 'benefits culture' comments are a little harsh. If the person injured had been an elderly person, or a war veteran, or a busy working person rushing off to work, would you still be saying 'accidents happen'? Whether she receives benefits or not has no relevance to the story here. A young child was injured by a gate that was insecure and fell over. 'Fault', however, is a totally different issue. Are NCC really at fault if a gate that had been vandalsied fell over before NCC could get to it to fix it? I don't think so. Equally, I do wonder why she's made a claim. If it had fallen on the child's head then fair enough, but seems that after the shock wore off, the pain in her foot would have subsided and she must be OK by now. Why try to get money from the insurance of NCC? It's not 'free' money - someone has to pay, and that will be the rest of Newport. It will push up our council tax and other rates to cover the increase in premiums if such unnecessary claims are successful. welsh_n_proud
  • Score: 13

6:43am Fri 13 Jun 14

mam1984 says...

What Has fact she's on benefits got to do with it I claim benefits as my partner is struggling to find work I have 4 children and they are all very very well behaved which is more than I could say for some of the children I no who's parents would rather run off to work than discipline their children or watch them grow up if being a hands On Mam makes me a bad person then it makes me wonder what this world is coming to u shouldn't judge people by what they earn shame on you!!!
What Has fact she's on benefits got to do with it I claim benefits as my partner is struggling to find work I have 4 children and they are all very very well behaved which is more than I could say for some of the children I no who's parents would rather run off to work than discipline their children or watch them grow up if being a hands On Mam makes me a bad person then it makes me wonder what this world is coming to u shouldn't judge people by what they earn shame on you!!! mam1984
  • Score: -26

7:39am Fri 13 Jun 14

Thor at the door says...

mam1984 wrote:
What Has fact she's on benefits got to do with it I claim benefits as my partner is struggling to find work I have 4 children and they are all very very well behaved which is more than I could say for some of the children I no who's parents would rather run off to work than discipline their children or watch them grow up if being a hands On Mam makes me a bad person then it makes me wonder what this world is coming to u shouldn't judge people by what they earn shame on you!!!
Know one is judging her for what she earns, as it is evident she does not "earn" anything, it's handed to her by the parents who would rather "run off to work" and pay tax so she can have her hand outs.

Your statment is right in line with the type of people discussed above; All parents should want to go to work to support their family, but according to you they should all stay at home to watch them grow?

So what your saying is a lie, your husband is not looking for work as he needs to stay home to watch his kids grow?

On your way....the post office opens at 9
[quote][p][bold]mam1984[/bold] wrote: What Has fact she's on benefits got to do with it I claim benefits as my partner is struggling to find work I have 4 children and they are all very very well behaved which is more than I could say for some of the children I no who's parents would rather run off to work than discipline their children or watch them grow up if being a hands On Mam makes me a bad person then it makes me wonder what this world is coming to u shouldn't judge people by what they earn shame on you!!![/p][/quote]Know one is judging her for what she earns, as it is evident she does not "earn" anything, it's handed to her by the parents who would rather "run off to work" and pay tax so she can have her hand outs. Your statment is right in line with the type of people discussed above; All parents should want to go to work to support their family, but according to you they should all stay at home to watch them grow? So what your saying is a lie, your husband is not looking for work as he needs to stay home to watch his kids grow? On your way....the post office opens at 9 Thor at the door
  • Score: 28

8:52am Fri 13 Jun 14

bobbajob says...

This is all very disturbing, after all, who names their child Shakira! What are her middle names, Beyoncé Britney Rhianna? I wouldn't term this legal action "a claim" , I would call it "unnecessary, opportunistic , scrounging".
This is all very disturbing, after all, who names their child Shakira! What are her middle names, Beyoncé Britney Rhianna? I wouldn't term this legal action "a claim" , I would call it "unnecessary, opportunistic , scrounging". bobbajob
  • Score: 34

9:52am Fri 13 Jun 14

-trigg- says...

The problem here is that legal action is being taken against the wrong party, and presumably for far more than is justified.

The gate fell over because it was vandalised, therefore she should be pursuing the vandals for damages.

Now I appreciate that these vandals are unlikely to have much money to sue them for if they are ever identified, but a 4 year old would be happy with a 50p bag of sweets as compensation. Being generous, we could also throw in the cost of a plaster and some Calpol - call it a fiver at the absolute maximum.
The problem here is that legal action is being taken against the wrong party, and presumably for far more than is justified. The gate fell over because it was vandalised, therefore she should be pursuing the vandals for damages. Now I appreciate that these vandals are unlikely to have much money to sue them for if they are ever identified, but a 4 year old would be happy with a 50p bag of sweets as compensation. Being generous, we could also throw in the cost of a plaster and some Calpol - call it a fiver at the absolute maximum. -trigg-
  • Score: 23

12:21pm Fri 13 Jun 14

throwy1 says...

Yes agree with O/P. When my son and his wife went to enrol our grandchildren in school the teacher commented it was nice to have parents who have the same surname.
Yes agree with O/P. When my son and his wife went to enrol our grandchildren in school the teacher commented it was nice to have parents who have the same surname. throwy1
  • Score: 11

12:23pm Fri 13 Jun 14

throwy1 says...

mam1984 wrote:
What Has fact she's on benefits got to do with it I claim benefits as my partner is struggling to find work I have 4 children and they are all very very well behaved which is more than I could say for some of the children I no who's parents would rather run off to work than discipline their children or watch them grow up if being a hands On Mam makes me a bad person then it makes me wonder what this world is coming to u shouldn't judge people by what they earn shame on you!!!
Not to mention lessons in spelling and grammar
[quote][p][bold]mam1984[/bold] wrote: What Has fact she's on benefits got to do with it I claim benefits as my partner is struggling to find work I have 4 children and they are all very very well behaved which is more than I could say for some of the children I no who's parents would rather run off to work than discipline their children or watch them grow up if being a hands On Mam makes me a bad person then it makes me wonder what this world is coming to u shouldn't judge people by what they earn shame on you!!![/p][/quote]Not to mention lessons in spelling and grammar throwy1
  • Score: 9

1:50pm Fri 13 Jun 14

inkyskin says...

the wind blew the gate on her? I know where that gate it and unless a tornado blew through there then there's no way the gate could've blown down!
the wind blew the gate on her? I know where that gate it and unless a tornado blew through there then there's no way the gate could've blown down! inkyskin
  • Score: 12

5:25pm Fri 13 Jun 14

anton88 says...

Well!
"Thor at the door", and all other nasty people who have nothing better to do. you are very welcome to your small minded comments ,not everyone at Barrackwoods is as you assume,my Granddaughter is not a smoker,drinker or user of drugs,yes she does receive benefits but she would love to work,you try getting up at 5 am to bathe dress and feed your severely disabled son prepare 4 other kids for school,who I might add are great kids and are not left unsupervised at any time,most kids run ahead of parents at the park.in relation to the claim it was myself who started this action.Had NCC bothered to act on the 2 phone calls made prior to the incident or indeed enquired how she was later in the day this would not have happened it is not about money, our little girl has been very distressed and is still in pain. Shakira is a lovely name following the trend of most modern families, Gwyneth Paltrow called her daughter Apple, .Even Celebrity Dad of the year ( Tom Fletcher from McFly) has called his son Buzz..Finally I would say "don't judge or you will be judged" I'm very proud of my granddaughter,she definitely is not a Vicky Pollard type,just a young girl who fell for the wrong types of boy/ men who used and abused her, she does not believe in abortion, and certainly does not intend to be on benefits for life.God forbid when her son passes away which is something she lives with daily, she intends to train as a Nurse.Irrate Nannie Pat
Well! "Thor at the door", and all other nasty people who have nothing better to do. you are very welcome to your small minded comments ,not everyone at Barrackwoods is as you assume,my Granddaughter is not a smoker,drinker or user of drugs,yes she does receive benefits but she would love to work,you try getting up at 5 am to bathe dress and feed your severely disabled son prepare 4 other kids for school,who I might add are great kids and are not left unsupervised at any time,most kids run ahead of parents at the park.in relation to the claim it was myself who started this action.Had NCC bothered to act on the 2 phone calls made prior to the incident or indeed enquired how she was later in the day this would not have happened it is not about money, our little girl has been very distressed and is still in pain. Shakira is a lovely name following the trend of most modern families, Gwyneth Paltrow called her daughter Apple, .Even Celebrity Dad of the year ( Tom Fletcher from McFly) has called his son Buzz..Finally I would say "don't judge or you will be judged" I'm very proud of my granddaughter,she definitely is not a Vicky Pollard type,just a young girl who fell for the wrong types of boy/ men who used and abused her, she does not believe in abortion, and certainly does not intend to be on benefits for life.God forbid when her son passes away which is something she lives with daily, she intends to train as a Nurse.Irrate Nannie Pat anton88
  • Score: 0

7:58pm Fri 13 Jun 14

-trigg- says...

anton88 wrote:
Well!
"Thor at the door", and all other nasty people who have nothing better to do. you are very welcome to your small minded comments ,not everyone at Barrackwoods is as you assume,my Granddaughter is not a smoker,drinker or user of drugs,yes she does receive benefits but she would love to work,you try getting up at 5 am to bathe dress and feed your severely disabled son prepare 4 other kids for school,who I might add are great kids and are not left unsupervised at any time,most kids run ahead of parents at the park.in relation to the claim it was myself who started this action.Had NCC bothered to act on the 2 phone calls made prior to the incident or indeed enquired how she was later in the day this would not have happened it is not about money, our little girl has been very distressed and is still in pain. Shakira is a lovely name following the trend of most modern families, Gwyneth Paltrow called her daughter Apple, .Even Celebrity Dad of the year ( Tom Fletcher from McFly) has called his son Buzz..Finally I would say "don't judge or you will be judged" I'm very proud of my granddaughter,she definitely is not a Vicky Pollard type,just a young girl who fell for the wrong types of boy/ men who used and abused her, she does not believe in abortion, and certainly does not intend to be on benefits for life.God forbid when her son passes away which is something she lives with daily, she intends to train as a Nurse.Irrate Nannie Pat
If, as you say all 5 chiildren are at school then there is nothing to stop your granddaughter from getting a job.rather than claim benefit, she could find work during school hours, as many other working parents do.

You say that this is not about money. I'm sure that Newport council will be delighted to hear that, as that clearly must mean she won't be launching a legal case for "compensation".
[quote][p][bold]anton88[/bold] wrote: Well! "Thor at the door", and all other nasty people who have nothing better to do. you are very welcome to your small minded comments ,not everyone at Barrackwoods is as you assume,my Granddaughter is not a smoker,drinker or user of drugs,yes she does receive benefits but she would love to work,you try getting up at 5 am to bathe dress and feed your severely disabled son prepare 4 other kids for school,who I might add are great kids and are not left unsupervised at any time,most kids run ahead of parents at the park.in relation to the claim it was myself who started this action.Had NCC bothered to act on the 2 phone calls made prior to the incident or indeed enquired how she was later in the day this would not have happened it is not about money, our little girl has been very distressed and is still in pain. Shakira is a lovely name following the trend of most modern families, Gwyneth Paltrow called her daughter Apple, .Even Celebrity Dad of the year ( Tom Fletcher from McFly) has called his son Buzz..Finally I would say "don't judge or you will be judged" I'm very proud of my granddaughter,she definitely is not a Vicky Pollard type,just a young girl who fell for the wrong types of boy/ men who used and abused her, she does not believe in abortion, and certainly does not intend to be on benefits for life.God forbid when her son passes away which is something she lives with daily, she intends to train as a Nurse.Irrate Nannie Pat[/p][/quote]If, as you say all 5 chiildren are at school then there is nothing to stop your granddaughter from getting a job.rather than claim benefit, she could find work during school hours, as many other working parents do. You say that this is not about money. I'm sure that Newport council will be delighted to hear that, as that clearly must mean she won't be launching a legal case for "compensation". -trigg-
  • Score: 13

11:13pm Fri 13 Jun 14

ej1986 says...

mam1984 wrote:
What Has fact she's on benefits got to do with it I claim benefits as my partner is struggling to find work I have 4 children and they are all very very well behaved which is more than I could say for some of the children I no who's parents would rather run off to work than discipline their children or watch them grow up if being a hands On Mam makes me a bad person then it makes me wonder what this world is coming to u shouldn't judge people by what they earn shame on you!!!
its not about running off to work it means earning a living not scrounging. i work and my daughter is disciplined and i like to think im a hands on mam i also hope my daughter follows in my footsteps and earns her way in life not rely on state handouts !!!
[quote][p][bold]mam1984[/bold] wrote: What Has fact she's on benefits got to do with it I claim benefits as my partner is struggling to find work I have 4 children and they are all very very well behaved which is more than I could say for some of the children I no who's parents would rather run off to work than discipline their children or watch them grow up if being a hands On Mam makes me a bad person then it makes me wonder what this world is coming to u shouldn't judge people by what they earn shame on you!!![/p][/quote]its not about running off to work it means earning a living not scrounging. i work and my daughter is disciplined and i like to think im a hands on mam i also hope my daughter follows in my footsteps and earns her way in life not rely on state handouts !!! ej1986
  • Score: 10

12:53am Sat 14 Jun 14

Bailey10 says...

Wouldn't your time be better spent helping clear your neighbourhood of vandals instead of trying for compensation. Comfort your child and move on.
Wouldn't your time be better spent helping clear your neighbourhood of vandals instead of trying for compensation. Comfort your child and move on. Bailey10
  • Score: 10

6:49am Sat 14 Jun 14

mam1984 says...

When my children are old enough then I will get a job in school hours I'm sorry but sometimes life's not that simple to just go out and get a Job this country is in such a state we should all be On the same side not making childish comments oh and for the record my money goes into the bank you mindless person!!!!!!!!!!!!
When my children are old enough then I will get a job in school hours I'm sorry but sometimes life's not that simple to just go out and get a Job this country is in such a state we should all be On the same side not making childish comments oh and for the record my money goes into the bank you mindless person!!!!!!!!!!!! mam1984
  • Score: -10

6:54am Sat 14 Jun 14

mam1984 says...

O.M.G what a person calls their child is their choice and is disrespectful for any one to question that get a grip!!!!!!!!!!!!
O.M.G what a person calls their child is their choice and is disrespectful for any one to question that get a grip!!!!!!!!!!!! mam1984
  • Score: -10

9:37am Sat 14 Jun 14

anton88 says...

-trigg- wrote:
anton88 wrote:
Well!
"Thor at the door", and all other nasty people who have nothing better to do. you are very welcome to your small minded comments ,not everyone at Barrackwoods is as you assume,my Granddaughter is not a smoker,drinker or user of drugs,yes she does receive benefits but she would love to work,you try getting up at 5 am to bathe dress and feed your severely disabled son prepare 4 other kids for school,who I might add are great kids and are not left unsupervised at any time,most kids run ahead of parents at the park.in relation to the claim it was myself who started this action.Had NCC bothered to act on the 2 phone calls made prior to the incident or indeed enquired how she was later in the day this would not have happened it is not about money, our little girl has been very distressed and is still in pain. Shakira is a lovely name following the trend of most modern families, Gwyneth Paltrow called her daughter Apple, .Even Celebrity Dad of the year ( Tom Fletcher from McFly) has called his son Buzz..Finally I would say "don't judge or you will be judged" I'm very proud of my granddaughter,she definitely is not a Vicky Pollard type,just a young girl who fell for the wrong types of boy/ men who used and abused her, she does not believe in abortion, and certainly does not intend to be on benefits for life.God forbid when her son passes away which is something she lives with daily, she intends to train as a Nurse.Irrate Nannie Pat
If, as you say all 5 chiildren are at school then there is nothing to stop your granddaughter from getting a job.rather than claim benefit, she could find work during school hours, as many other working parents do.

You say that this is not about money. I'm sure that Newport council will be delighted to hear that, as that clearly must mean she won't be launching a legal case for "compensation".
That would be a little bit difficult for her to get a job during school hours as one child has just turned one and another is not old enough to spend a full day in school. Also have you tried to find work at the moment, it is very difficult and for every job going there is 50+ people applying for. Like I said she would love to go to work but if there is no jobs going what can you do.
[quote][p][bold]-trigg-[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]anton88[/bold] wrote: Well! "Thor at the door", and all other nasty people who have nothing better to do. you are very welcome to your small minded comments ,not everyone at Barrackwoods is as you assume,my Granddaughter is not a smoker,drinker or user of drugs,yes she does receive benefits but she would love to work,you try getting up at 5 am to bathe dress and feed your severely disabled son prepare 4 other kids for school,who I might add are great kids and are not left unsupervised at any time,most kids run ahead of parents at the park.in relation to the claim it was myself who started this action.Had NCC bothered to act on the 2 phone calls made prior to the incident or indeed enquired how she was later in the day this would not have happened it is not about money, our little girl has been very distressed and is still in pain. Shakira is a lovely name following the trend of most modern families, Gwyneth Paltrow called her daughter Apple, .Even Celebrity Dad of the year ( Tom Fletcher from McFly) has called his son Buzz..Finally I would say "don't judge or you will be judged" I'm very proud of my granddaughter,she definitely is not a Vicky Pollard type,just a young girl who fell for the wrong types of boy/ men who used and abused her, she does not believe in abortion, and certainly does not intend to be on benefits for life.God forbid when her son passes away which is something she lives with daily, she intends to train as a Nurse.Irrate Nannie Pat[/p][/quote]If, as you say all 5 chiildren are at school then there is nothing to stop your granddaughter from getting a job.rather than claim benefit, she could find work during school hours, as many other working parents do. You say that this is not about money. I'm sure that Newport council will be delighted to hear that, as that clearly must mean she won't be launching a legal case for "compensation".[/p][/quote]That would be a little bit difficult for her to get a job during school hours as one child has just turned one and another is not old enough to spend a full day in school. Also have you tried to find work at the moment, it is very difficult and for every job going there is 50+ people applying for. Like I said she would love to go to work but if there is no jobs going what can you do. anton88
  • Score: 0

2:12pm Sat 14 Jun 14

Newportsucks85 says...

Why isn't she driving ..... where's the father off the children to help with 5...why do the young feel the need to keep popping out children consistently so they don't have to work ? other questions need answering... Dangerous gate that the whole community knew about ...and reported... I wouldn't have let my youngster run off ahead off me to a dangerous place that we all knew about ... bad parenting or bad luck .. we haven't had no violent storms.. Council are trying there best .. bet u be upset if they closed down the park area for fear of compensation action ...
Why isn't she driving ..... where's the father off the children to help with 5...why do the young feel the need to keep popping out children consistently so they don't have to work ? other questions need answering... Dangerous gate that the whole community knew about ...and reported... I wouldn't have let my youngster run off ahead off me to a dangerous place that we all knew about ... bad parenting or bad luck .. we haven't had no violent storms.. Council are trying there best .. bet u be upset if they closed down the park area for fear of compensation action ... Newportsucks85
  • Score: 7

8:04pm Sun 15 Jun 14

corpamassive says...

"the great unwashed"
"the great unwashed" corpamassive
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree