MONMOUTHSHIRE Showground was granted permission to double the events it can hold as record entries are predicted for its summer spectacular.
Monmouthshire Show Society secretary Anna Williams said the news was great for the town, following a successful application to the county council to take the permitted annual number of events from
six to 12. The boost comes a month before the Monmouth Show on August 30, which is experiencing a positive knock-on effect caused by event cancellations due to June’s bad weather.
While the organisers of Chepstow Show have already admitted defeat, Monmouth has no weather-related problems as it slopes towards the river. “I think there is a chance we will be having record
entries,” said Ms Williams.
“We’ve had 50 per cent more enquiries than the same time last year. There are also tradestands that have not had business due to the weather.”
Find out more about this month’s event at monmouthshow.co.uk