Auction at Bar Amber will raise cash for Newport County Junior Academy
9:50am Thursday 6th September 2012 in News
Newport County AFC are holding an auction of promises fundraising event and among the goodies on offer will be the chance to report on the Exiles for
the South Wales Argus.
The auction will be held tonight starting at 7pm, at Bar Amber and all funds raised will benefit the club’s Academy from U12s through to U16s.
The evening will kick off with a ‘meet the manager’ question and answer session with Justin Edinburgh, followed by the auction of promises.
Selected Newport County players will be in attendance and the event will be hosted by BBC Radio commentator Rob Phillips.
The promises on offer will include the chance for a person to join South Wales Argus reporters at a County game and to get their own match report printed in the paper.
Other promises include:
- A selected away trip for two people with game tickets travelling with the N e w p o r t County management and players on the team coach, including pre and post match meals with players.
- An opportunity to take part in a full outfield coaching session with the first team under the guidance of Justin Edinburgh and Jimmy Dack.
- A pair of signed Theo Walcott football boots.
- A signed Peter Crouch Stoke City shirt.
- Shirts signed by Newport County legends Gary Warren (signed ICT shirt); Sam Foley (signed Yeovil shirt); and Danny Rose (signed Fleetwood shirt).
Newport County Academy director Glyn Jones said: “This is a great opportunity for the people of Newport to show their support for the Newport County Academy which aims to continue to produce young exciting talent such as Andrew Hughes and Lee Evans.”
Comments are closed on this article.