2:18pm Wednesday 18th April 2007
Peter has been selected as the Conservative Candidate to stand for the Newport East Constituency in the forth coming Welsh Assembly Elections.
Peter is a Local County Councillor; currently the Deputy Leader of Monmouthshire County Council, he is also a tenant farmer, farming near Caldicot with his family.
Peter is married to Joanne and they have four children. They have two sons, one of whom works for a local Authority and their second son is serving with the Royal Signals and is currently on active service in Afghanistan. Their two daughters attend Caldicot Comprehensive School where Peter is a School Governor.
Peter said, "There are many things locally that have to be addressed. The Labour-run Welsh Assembly may have started with good intentions but they have failed to deliver on many important areas, areas such as the NHS, Education, and Crime to name just three. We all expect things to get better, but sadly, under the control of this Government things are getting worse.
I want to see and will fight for the following: * An improved National Health Service, with better access to local NHS Dentists and an improved Ambulance service.
* Properly funded education and the need to raise the levels of achievement in our schools.
* A need to bring down the rising levels of violent crime, vehicle crime and Anti-social behaviour.
* Need to take a hard line on the real problem of fly tipping and trespass.
* Improved access for all to high quality local community facilities, including Improved play areas and Youth provision.
* Investment and improvement in our sea wall and defences.
* Improved Rail links and Public transport.
* Improved Highways and better access to the motorway network.
* Keeping Council Tax increases to a minimum, but delivering better, more efficient services.
* Support for local business, including preparation for the Ryder Cup.
Peter is an experienced politician and will ensure that the unsatisfied voices of Newport East are heard.
© Copyright 2001-2014 Newsquest Media Group