Name: Jenny Chapman
Candidate for: Darlington
I have spent many years working to support people and communities in Darlington.
I have been a governor at four Darlington schools and colleges, and have been a volunteer, trustee or committee member at several charities and community groups.
I was a founder member and Chair of Newblood Live, a young people's music charity. Until starting my campaign to become the MP I was Chair of Darlington's Children's Trust.
I went to Darlington primary and secondary schools, then Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College before going to university. After working as an assistant prison psychologist in Durham and Dartmoor,
I returned to Darlington where I worked for Alan Milburn MP as a researcher until 2003. I took a break from work to look after my two young children until I was elected as a Councillor for Cockerton West in 2007.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to end top-down targets
- Coalition 'boosting reform plans'
- Home information packs to be axed
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed
- Estate agents hail demise of Hips
- Report on voting chaos published
- Cameron to hold talks with Sarkozy