Relatives want Queen, Saudi king and David Cameron to help launch probe into death crash
PLEA FOR JUSTICE: Mohammed Eisa Danial Hayat with a cake his family made him to mark his second birthday
RELATIVES of a Newport tot orphaned in an horrific overseas car crash are calling on the Prime Minister and the Queen to intervene in their battle for justice.
The family of two-year-old Mohammed Eisa Danial Hayat want David Cameron to write to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia requesting a full investigation into how five Britons were allowed to die there.
The youngster miraculously survived an accident which killed his heavily pregnant mum Bilques, 31, dad Mohammed Isshaq, 33 grandparents Shaukat Ali, 56 and Abida, 54 earlier this month.
Pharmacist Saira Zenub, 29, Shaukat and Abida's daughter, was the fifth tragic victim.
Shazada Hayat, Shaukat's brother, said the youngster's surviving relatives owe it to him to ensure no others suffer the same sad fate.
He said: "If this little boy could speak he would be screaming the house down saying 'my mother is dead, my grandparents are dead.'"
We look in his eyes and it's as if he's telling us find out how they died.
"The boy has become the voice of justice. He's asking 'who has let me down?' Did the state fail him? He has been orphaned and we have no answers."
Mr Hayat said the family were approached by the taxi driver when they left their hotel ahead of their planned four hour trip to meet relatives.
They booked him and travelled along the highway between Mecca and Medina.
But a short time into that journey, on February 8, Saira Zenub texted her sister to say the taxi was going "too fast," Mr Hayat said.
He said the car went straight into a concrete bridge, somersaulted off the road and ended up in a ditch.
Mr Hayat said Saudi Arabia should learn from Britain's example and take action against the perpetrators, punishing those who flout the law as a deterrent to others.
He said the country can afford to pay for speed cameras, more police officers on the road and driver checks, all which could save countless lives.
"Strong legislation must be brought in to make sure people are using proper vehicles with proper insurances. If they don't they have failed our little boy. One more fatality is too much," Mr Hayat said.
"We are aware the morgue is receiving bodies every day from that road. The Saudi authorities are under a duty of care to protect visitors on pilgrimage from drivers who drive with undue care and attention and who flagrantly disregard the rules and regulations."
Like the Hayat family, thousands of UK Muslims head to Medina for the pilgrimage every year, often catching taxis on highways which go on for miles and miles between deserts and mountains.
The Hayat family are rallying together community leaders and British parliamentarians to discuss the concerns with the UK's Saudi Arabian ambassador, His Excellency Mohammed bin Nawaf bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud.
Mr Hayat said: "Family and friends are confident that the plight of a little orphan boy will be heard and addressed by the mighty King Abdullah of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the guardian of Mecca and Madinah, which are two of the holiest places for Muslims in the world.
"Justice must be done for those who have lost their lives on Saudi soil, and to those who are still suffering as Mohammed Eisa Danial will for the rest of his life, and who faces a future without the love, care and welfare from his mum and dad," added Mr Hayat.
Saudi roads 'dangerous'
A ROAD safety expert suggested Saudi roads are "among the most dangerous in the world."
Speaking to the Saudi Gazette in November, Zeina Nazer said an average figures show 19 drivers and passengers lose their lives every day there.
The managing director of Innova Consulting and Secretary General of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) Arab reported the number of fatalities grew by ten percent in 2012.
The article said the figures were despite government initiatives to save lives and reduce congestion.
'Miracle' boy has had birthday since crash
DESPITE the ordeal being far from over, the young boy's relatives have been trying to keep life as normal as they can for him back in Newport.
Mohammed Eisa Danial turned two on February 20 with a party.
His family said while he has returned to his happy ways, he is still deeply traumatised and will not go to sleep with the light off.
Mr Hayat, whose councillor brother Ibrahim is acting as a guardian for the boy, said this is because the crash happened in the early hours and he lay undiscovered, in the arms of his grandfather, for more than an hour.
"He has come out of it like an angel but the trauma is still there," he added.