Newport Muslim leader's plea for calm after grave daubing

PRAYERS: Mubarak Ali, Shahid Hussain and Shakeel Hussain offer prayers over their brother Tariq’s grave at Christchurch cemetery in Newport

DESECRATED: The vandalised graves at Christchurch cemetery

First published in Gwent news
Last updated
South Wales Argus: Photograph of the Author by

AN ISLAMIC leader has appealed for calm after Muslim graves at a Newport cemetery were desecrated with racist graffiti.

Mubarak Ali, secretary of the Islamic Society for Wales, has relatives buried in the Muslim area of the Christchurch Cemetery, which was targeted over the weekend.

Mr Ali is currently organising a vigil in memory of soldier Lee Rigby, who was killedon a London street in May. Vandals used white paint to write “Lee Rigby murder”, “white power” and drew swastikas on four gravestones.

Initials of the British National Party (BNP), the UK Independence Party (UKIP) and the National Front (NF) were also smeared, as well as racist slogans.

Forensic teams were at the scene on Sunday to try and gather further information.

Mr Ali, 51, said: “I’ve lived in Newport for 47 years. I’ve never seen or heard of this kind of thing before.

“I’m appealing to the Muslim community for calm and not to react in a negative or violent way to this evil incident. Obviously, people are really angry and upset, but we must remember it is a small minority of idiots who did this.

“Most people in Newport get on very well, from all different backgrounds and it’s only the small minority that spoils it for the others.”

Mr Ali added: “What happened to Lee Rigby was evil, wicked. It was caused by extremists – they don’t represent the mainstream or vast majority of Muslims.

Most of us are law-abiding citizens of this country. We respect the Queen, country and armed forces.

“I’m still hoping for the candlelit vigil for Lee Rigby and collection for Help for Heroes to go ahead soon in Newport.”

One gravestone that was covered with paint was that of Sardar Ali, a relative of Mubarak Ali.

Sardar Ali was one of the founding fathers of the Islamic Society for Wales, and one of the elders in Newport’s Muslim community.

His grandson Shahid Hussain, 39, said: “I don’t know how to feel. I just can’t comprehend it. Why would anyone do this to a sacred ground?”

The grave of his eldest brother, Tariq Hussain, was also covered with paint.

Tariq Hussain from Newport died from a heart attack in January 2012, aged 39.

His youngest brother, Shakeel Hussain, 33, said: “When I first heard of it, I was just shocked. They are deceased – it is such a shameful act.”

David Phillips, chief executive of South East Wales Equality Council (SEWREC), condemned the actions.

He said: “I think most of the people of Newport would share my views in saying that it’s a disgraceful act.

“But it is very misguided as well.

“The people at the graves and their families were not responsible for Lee Rigby’s death and in that sense, it’s an own goal.”

Most of the paint has since been cleaned up by Newport council’s graffiti team.

Anyone with information is asked to call Gwent Police on 101.

Comments (22)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:10am Tue 2 Jul 13

white white says...

What planet is this
Guy on.Stay calm and not
React in a violent manner and
newport people get on with
With people with different
backgrounds . Is he deliberately
Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip
What planet is this Guy on.Stay calm and not React in a violent manner and newport people get on with With people with different backgrounds . Is he deliberately Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip white white
  • Score: 0

12:26pm Tue 2 Jul 13

Newport Dave says...

So are you saying we need to go out and commit violent and racist acts upon anyone different to us?

And how would that be helpful?
So are you saying we need to go out and commit violent and racist acts upon anyone different to us? And how would that be helpful? Newport Dave
  • Score: 0

12:47pm Tue 2 Jul 13

billy boy 2 says...

While I cannot condone the desecration of someone grave I do feel the silent majority in this country are about to turn as some comments here have already shown, the British and European experiment with Integration is failing as can be seen by the rise in people turning to Ukip at the polls. With generations of young people being unable to find work it will not take long before all sides look for scapegoats to there problems ,as to what the answerers are? it will take a lot of people to put there heads together to stop this becoming more serious .I feel the first step is to leave or renegotiate our part in European Union so we can have control our own borders.
While I cannot condone the desecration of someone grave I do feel the silent majority in this country are about to turn as some comments here have already shown, the British and European experiment with Integration is failing as can be seen by the rise in people turning to Ukip at the polls. With generations of young people being unable to find work it will not take long before all sides look for scapegoats to there problems ,as to what the answerers are? it will take a lot of people to put there heads together to stop this becoming more serious .I feel the first step is to leave or renegotiate our part in European Union so we can have control our own borders. billy boy 2
  • Score: 0

12:50pm Tue 2 Jul 13

Katie Re-Registered says...

The sort of people who did this, and sadly regularly commit this sort of crime, are inadequate cowards who pick on those who have passed away. I do hope the police find them, name and shame them and punish them severely. SWA: the swastika symbol is not only racist but also homophobic, transphobic, sexist and representative of a host of all other profoundly offensive things. The Nazis were also responsible for the persecution and murder of LGBT people, disabled people and anyone who didn't agree with them as well.
The sort of people who did this, and sadly regularly commit this sort of crime, are inadequate cowards who pick on those who have passed away. I do hope the police find them, name and shame them and punish them severely. SWA: the swastika symbol is not only racist but also homophobic, transphobic, sexist and representative of a host of all other profoundly offensive things. The Nazis were also responsible for the persecution and murder of LGBT people, disabled people and anyone who didn't agree with them as well. Katie Re-Registered
  • Score: 0

1:09pm Tue 2 Jul 13

shaz1 says...

white white wrote:
What planet is this
Guy on.Stay calm and not
React in a violent manner and
newport people get on with
With people with different
backgrounds . Is he deliberately
Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip
What planet are you on you muppet white white.You would rather have riots and trouble on the streets.The paint is on your hands.You need to get to grip with reality.
[quote][p][bold]white white[/bold] wrote: What planet is this Guy on.Stay calm and not React in a violent manner and newport people get on with With people with different backgrounds . Is he deliberately Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip[/p][/quote]What planet are you on you muppet white white.You would rather have riots and trouble on the streets.The paint is on your hands.You need to get to grip with reality. shaz1
  • Score: 0

1:11pm Tue 2 Jul 13

let em swing says...

Interesting he is only now "hoping", for something for lee rigby by the muslim community, perhaps I was right all along and there is no support for uk soldiers in that area.
Interesting he is only now "hoping", for something for lee rigby by the muslim community, perhaps I was right all along and there is no support for uk soldiers in that area. let em swing
  • Score: 0

1:20pm Tue 2 Jul 13

Katie Re-Registered says...

Keep Calm Carry On: it's the way we defeated the Nazis last time around.
Keep Calm Carry On: it's the way we defeated the Nazis last time around. Katie Re-Registered
  • Score: 0

1:25pm Tue 2 Jul 13

Euwan Usami says...

white white wrote:
What planet is this
Guy on.Stay calm and not
React in a violent manner and
newport people get on with
With people with different
backgrounds . Is he deliberately
Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip
Calling for calm from all sides is exactly what's required. Who wants reprisals on other stones at the site? It's obvious that we are not dealing with the brightest members of society when they use emulsion paint. This is the wrong target for protest. It serves no purpose and disgusts any reasoned individual regardless off background or origin. Whoever is behind this needs to wake up and pour your energy into more productive and legitimate forms of protest. Learn some respect and, as your man says;"Get a grip".
[quote][p][bold]white white[/bold] wrote: What planet is this Guy on.Stay calm and not React in a violent manner and newport people get on with With people with different backgrounds . Is he deliberately Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip[/p][/quote]Calling for calm from all sides is exactly what's required. Who wants reprisals on other stones at the site? It's obvious that we are not dealing with the brightest members of society when they use emulsion paint. This is the wrong target for protest. It serves no purpose and disgusts any reasoned individual regardless off background or origin. Whoever is behind this needs to wake up and pour your energy into more productive and legitimate forms of protest. Learn some respect and, as your man says;"Get a grip". Euwan Usami
  • Score: 0

1:29pm Tue 2 Jul 13

let em swing says...

Those responsible are just sick vandals,lets hope they are found and justly punished, the idea that anybody is going to respond in anything other than a call to the police to report it is surely an overreaction.
Those responsible are just sick vandals,lets hope they are found and justly punished, the idea that anybody is going to respond in anything other than a call to the police to report it is surely an overreaction. let em swing
  • Score: 0

1:43pm Tue 2 Jul 13

white white says...

Katie Re-Registered wrote:
The sort of people who did this, and sadly regularly commit this sort of crime, are inadequate cowards who pick on those who have passed away. I do hope the police find them, name and shame them and punish them severely. SWA: the swastika symbol is not only racist but also homophobic, transphobic, sexist and representative of a host of all other profoundly offensive things. The Nazis were also responsible for the persecution and murder of LGBT people, disabled people and anyone who didn't agree with them as well.
The swastika is not a racist
Symbol .for hundreds of years
It was used by many races
As a sort of good luck.

Until Hitler.
Corrupted it in the early 1920 `s
It became a symbol of the Nazi and
A symbol of revulsion. Fear and intimidation.since then far right
Extremist adopted I think the
swastika swastikas banned in some
European countries a bit of trivia here
Our Celtic cross is also banned
In some euro nations because some
Eastern neo fascist gangs have
Adopted our Celtic cross as their
Sybol
[quote][p][bold]Katie Re-Registered[/bold] wrote: The sort of people who did this, and sadly regularly commit this sort of crime, are inadequate cowards who pick on those who have passed away. I do hope the police find them, name and shame them and punish them severely. SWA: the swastika symbol is not only racist but also homophobic, transphobic, sexist and representative of a host of all other profoundly offensive things. The Nazis were also responsible for the persecution and murder of LGBT people, disabled people and anyone who didn't agree with them as well.[/p][/quote]The swastika is not a racist Symbol .for hundreds of years It was used by many races As a sort of good luck. Until Hitler. Corrupted it in the early 1920 `s It became a symbol of the Nazi and A symbol of revulsion. Fear and intimidation.since then far right Extremist adopted I think the swastika swastikas banned in some European countries a bit of trivia here Our Celtic cross is also banned In some euro nations because some Eastern neo fascist gangs have Adopted our Celtic cross as their Sybol white white
  • Score: 0

1:49pm Tue 2 Jul 13

white white says...

shaz1 wrote:
white white wrote:
What planet is this
Guy on.Stay calm and not
React in a violent manner and
newport people get on with
With people with different
backgrounds . Is he deliberately
Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip
What planet are you on you muppet white white.You would rather have riots and trouble on the streets.The paint is on your hands.You need to get to grip with reality.
So you support the
The idea of people taking the
Law into their own hands do.
[quote][p][bold]shaz1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]white white[/bold] wrote: What planet is this Guy on.Stay calm and not React in a violent manner and newport people get on with With people with different backgrounds . Is he deliberately Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip[/p][/quote]What planet are you on you muppet white white.You would rather have riots and trouble on the streets.The paint is on your hands.You need to get to grip with reality.[/p][/quote]So you support the The idea of people taking the Law into their own hands do. white white
  • Score: 0

3:26pm Tue 2 Jul 13

shaz1 says...

white white wrote:
shaz1 wrote:
white white wrote:
What planet is this
Guy on.Stay calm and not
React in a violent manner and
newport people get on with
With people with different
backgrounds . Is he deliberately
Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip
What planet are you on you muppet white white.You would rather have riots and trouble on the streets.The paint is on your hands.You need to get to grip with reality.
So you support the
The idea of people taking the
Law into their own hands do.
NO but if you read your stupid comments you would rather NOT have appeals for calm and people rioting but would rather have trouble.
[quote][p][bold]white white[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]shaz1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]white white[/bold] wrote: What planet is this Guy on.Stay calm and not React in a violent manner and newport people get on with With people with different backgrounds . Is he deliberately Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip[/p][/quote]What planet are you on you muppet white white.You would rather have riots and trouble on the streets.The paint is on your hands.You need to get to grip with reality.[/p][/quote]So you support the The idea of people taking the Law into their own hands do.[/p][/quote]NO but if you read your stupid comments you would rather NOT have appeals for calm and people rioting but would rather have trouble. shaz1
  • Score: 0

4:40pm Tue 2 Jul 13

white white says...

shaz1 wrote:
white white wrote:
shaz1 wrote:
white white wrote:
What planet is this
Guy on.Stay calm and not
React in a violent manner and
newport people get on with
With people with different
backgrounds . Is he deliberately
Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip
What planet are you on you muppet white white.You would rather have riots and trouble on the streets.The paint is on your hands.You need to get to grip with reality.
So you support the
The idea of people taking the
Law into their own hands do.
NO but if you read your stupid comments you would rather NOT have appeals for calm and people rioting but would rather have trouble.
Ok numptyI was criticising the
comment of the cleric.who
Said people should remain calm
And not react with violence
Which querying why should the
The people of newport react with violence in the first place . The fact
Is that 90per cent who voiced
Their disgust at this desecration
Of tomb stones (myself included)
and that's as far as it goes. The police are dealing with the incident there the matter ends but to be
Brutal the people of gwent have better
Things to worry about than some cleric asking the populace not to resort to violence over an incident that will be forgotten soon . And it has never
Occurred to people to resort to violence in the first place
[quote][p][bold]shaz1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]white white[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]shaz1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]white white[/bold] wrote: What planet is this Guy on.Stay calm and not React in a violent manner and newport people get on with With people with different backgrounds . Is he deliberately Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip[/p][/quote]What planet are you on you muppet white white.You would rather have riots and trouble on the streets.The paint is on your hands.You need to get to grip with reality.[/p][/quote]So you support the The idea of people taking the Law into their own hands do.[/p][/quote]NO but if you read your stupid comments you would rather NOT have appeals for calm and people rioting but would rather have trouble.[/p][/quote]Ok numptyI was criticising the comment of the cleric.who Said people should remain calm And not react with violence Which querying why should the The people of newport react with violence in the first place . The fact Is that 90per cent who voiced Their disgust at this desecration Of tomb stones (myself included) and that's as far as it goes. The police are dealing with the incident there the matter ends but to be Brutal the people of gwent have better Things to worry about than some cleric asking the populace not to resort to violence over an incident that will be forgotten soon . And it has never Occurred to people to resort to violence in the first place white white
  • Score: 0

6:42pm Tue 2 Jul 13

welshmen says...

Euwan Usami wrote:
white white wrote:
What planet is this
Guy on.Stay calm and not
React in a violent manner and
newport people get on with
With people with different
backgrounds . Is he deliberately
Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip
Calling for calm from all sides is exactly what's required. Who wants reprisals on other stones at the site? It's obvious that we are not dealing with the brightest members of society when they use emulsion paint. This is the wrong target for protest. It serves no purpose and disgusts any reasoned individual regardless off background or origin. Whoever is behind this needs to wake up and pour your energy into more productive and legitimate forms of protest. Learn some respect and, as your man says;"Get a grip".
Euwan Usami. says
"It's obvious that we are not dealing with the brightest members of society when they use emulsion paint."

I agree with your comment,but how do you know it was emulsion paint? surly if the brain dead wanted to desecrated the head stones then Gloss paint would have been the worst to get off, emulsion paint is easy to get off, a couple of hours with a power washer job done, it's a pity you Muslim posters on here never voiced as much concern over our Dead Soldier Lee Rigby.

Your Cleric Mr Ali, telling Muslims not to react with violence over the paint insult, just imagine if it was one of your Muslims going to the Mosque and he was beheaded in the street in broad day light, tell me, how would you react to that situation Euwan Usami?
[quote][p][bold]Euwan Usami[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]white white[/bold] wrote: What planet is this Guy on.Stay calm and not React in a violent manner and newport people get on with With people with different backgrounds . Is he deliberately Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip[/p][/quote]Calling for calm from all sides is exactly what's required. Who wants reprisals on other stones at the site? It's obvious that we are not dealing with the brightest members of society when they use emulsion paint. This is the wrong target for protest. It serves no purpose and disgusts any reasoned individual regardless off background or origin. Whoever is behind this needs to wake up and pour your energy into more productive and legitimate forms of protest. Learn some respect and, as your man says;"Get a grip".[/p][/quote]Euwan Usami. says "It's obvious that we are not dealing with the brightest members of society when they use emulsion paint." I agree with your comment,but how do you know it was emulsion paint? surly if the brain dead wanted to desecrated the head stones then Gloss paint would have been the worst to get off, emulsion paint is easy to get off, a couple of hours with a power washer job done, it's a pity you Muslim posters on here never voiced as much concern over our Dead Soldier Lee Rigby. Your Cleric Mr Ali, telling Muslims not to react with violence over the paint insult, just imagine if it was one of your Muslims going to the Mosque and he was beheaded in the street in broad day light, tell me, how would you react to that situation Euwan Usami? welshmen
  • Score: 0

6:48pm Tue 2 Jul 13

welshmen says...

shaz1 wrote:
white white wrote:
What planet is this
Guy on.Stay calm and not
React in a violent manner and
newport people get on with
With people with different
backgrounds . Is he deliberately
Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip
What planet are you on you muppet white white.You would rather have riots and trouble on the streets.The paint is on your hands.You need to get to grip with reality.
Any trouble on the Streets will be dealt with robustly by our Police Force, so talk of rioting is insensitive at this time shazi, get a grip....calm down dear....
[quote][p][bold]shaz1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]white white[/bold] wrote: What planet is this Guy on.Stay calm and not React in a violent manner and newport people get on with With people with different backgrounds . Is he deliberately Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip[/p][/quote]What planet are you on you muppet white white.You would rather have riots and trouble on the streets.The paint is on your hands.You need to get to grip with reality.[/p][/quote]Any trouble on the Streets will be dealt with robustly by our Police Force, so talk of rioting is insensitive at this time shazi, get a grip....calm down dear.... welshmen
  • Score: 0

6:50pm Tue 2 Jul 13

Euwan Usami says...

white white wrote:
Katie Re-Registered wrote:
The sort of people who did this, and sadly regularly commit this sort of crime, are inadequate cowards who pick on those who have passed away. I do hope the police find them, name and shame them and punish them severely. SWA: the swastika symbol is not only racist but also homophobic, transphobic, sexist and representative of a host of all other profoundly offensive things. The Nazis were also responsible for the persecution and murder of LGBT people, disabled people and anyone who didn't agree with them as well.
The swastika is not a racist
Symbol .for hundreds of years
It was used by many races
As a sort of good luck.

Until Hitler.
Corrupted it in the early 1920 `s
It became a symbol of the Nazi and
A symbol of revulsion. Fear and intimidation.since then far right
Extremist adopted I think the
swastika swastikas banned in some
European countries a bit of trivia here
Our Celtic cross is also banned
In some euro nations because some
Eastern neo fascist gangs have
Adopted our Celtic cross as their
Sybol
History lessons aside for a moment, I am willing to wager that the people behind this were not wishing the families of the deceased good luck, and the post Hitler symbolism of the swastika is very clear to all. Hitlers party operatives were thugs and this symbol has only ever attracted that sort of hate filled character of low intelligence. If you stand behind this symbol you lose the intellectual argument immediately.
[quote][p][bold]white white[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Katie Re-Registered[/bold] wrote: The sort of people who did this, and sadly regularly commit this sort of crime, are inadequate cowards who pick on those who have passed away. I do hope the police find them, name and shame them and punish them severely. SWA: the swastika symbol is not only racist but also homophobic, transphobic, sexist and representative of a host of all other profoundly offensive things. The Nazis were also responsible for the persecution and murder of LGBT people, disabled people and anyone who didn't agree with them as well.[/p][/quote]The swastika is not a racist Symbol .for hundreds of years It was used by many races As a sort of good luck. Until Hitler. Corrupted it in the early 1920 `s It became a symbol of the Nazi and A symbol of revulsion. Fear and intimidation.since then far right Extremist adopted I think the swastika swastikas banned in some European countries a bit of trivia here Our Celtic cross is also banned In some euro nations because some Eastern neo fascist gangs have Adopted our Celtic cross as their Sybol[/p][/quote]History lessons aside for a moment, I am willing to wager that the people behind this were not wishing the families of the deceased good luck, and the post Hitler symbolism of the swastika is very clear to all. Hitlers party operatives were thugs and this symbol has only ever attracted that sort of hate filled character of low intelligence. If you stand behind this symbol you lose the intellectual argument immediately. Euwan Usami
  • Score: 0

7:14pm Tue 2 Jul 13

Euwan Usami says...

welshmen wrote:
Euwan Usami wrote:
white white wrote:
What planet is this
Guy on.Stay calm and not
React in a violent manner and
newport people get on with
With people with different
backgrounds . Is he deliberately
Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip
Calling for calm from all sides is exactly what's required. Who wants reprisals on other stones at the site? It's obvious that we are not dealing with the brightest members of society when they use emulsion paint. This is the wrong target for protest. It serves no purpose and disgusts any reasoned individual regardless off background or origin. Whoever is behind this needs to wake up and pour your energy into more productive and legitimate forms of protest. Learn some respect and, as your man says;"Get a grip".
Euwan Usami. says
"It's obvious that we are not dealing with the brightest members of society when they use emulsion paint."

I agree with your comment,but how do you know it was emulsion paint? surly if the brain dead wanted to desecrated the head stones then Gloss paint would have been the worst to get off, emulsion paint is easy to get off, a couple of hours with a power washer job done, it's a pity you Muslim posters on here never voiced as much concern over our Dead Soldier Lee Rigby.

Your Cleric Mr Ali, telling Muslims not to react with violence over the paint insult, just imagine if it was one of your Muslims going to the Mosque and he was beheaded in the street in broad day light, tell me, how would you react to that situation Euwan Usami?
To be clear, my point about the paint is that it does wash off easily therefore defeating the object of "Marking" the stones.

I know it's emulsion paint because I spoke to the police at the scene on Sunday while I was putting flowers on my mother's stone.

I can't speak on behalf of any Muslims however because I am not one myself. I was baptised a christian but don't practise it.

The Lee Rugby murder was the most shocking thing I have ever seen in the UK for sure. But blaming a random group of Muslims for it is like blaming me for everything the KKK have ever done to the blacks in the states. Let alone attacking grave stones. There is a line beyond which no self respecting person should cross and something like this is the wrong side for that let new by a fair margin.

You can see from your post that ignorance of the facts can make you assume things that along way from the truth. We need to be better than that. Blame the media for spreading ignorance and fear about Muslims. We need clarity and common sense not random acts of racism.

Attacking grave stones is the
[quote][p][bold]welshmen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Euwan Usami[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]white white[/bold] wrote: What planet is this Guy on.Stay calm and not React in a violent manner and newport people get on with With people with different backgrounds . Is he deliberately Trying to make things sound worse. Get a grip[/p][/quote]Calling for calm from all sides is exactly what's required. Who wants reprisals on other stones at the site? It's obvious that we are not dealing with the brightest members of society when they use emulsion paint. This is the wrong target for protest. It serves no purpose and disgusts any reasoned individual regardless off background or origin. Whoever is behind this needs to wake up and pour your energy into more productive and legitimate forms of protest. Learn some respect and, as your man says;"Get a grip".[/p][/quote]Euwan Usami. says "It's obvious that we are not dealing with the brightest members of society when they use emulsion paint." I agree with your comment,but how do you know it was emulsion paint? surly if the brain dead wanted to desecrated the head stones then Gloss paint would have been the worst to get off, emulsion paint is easy to get off, a couple of hours with a power washer job done, it's a pity you Muslim posters on here never voiced as much concern over our Dead Soldier Lee Rigby. Your Cleric Mr Ali, telling Muslims not to react with violence over the paint insult, just imagine if it was one of your Muslims going to the Mosque and he was beheaded in the street in broad day light, tell me, how would you react to that situation Euwan Usami?[/p][/quote]To be clear, my point about the paint is that it does wash off easily therefore defeating the object of "Marking" the stones. I know it's emulsion paint because I spoke to the police at the scene on Sunday while I was putting flowers on my mother's stone. I can't speak on behalf of any Muslims however because I am not one myself. I was baptised a christian but don't practise it. The Lee Rugby murder was the most shocking thing I have ever seen in the UK for sure. But blaming a random group of Muslims for it is like blaming me for everything the KKK have ever done to the blacks in the states. Let alone attacking grave stones. There is a line beyond which no self respecting person should cross and something like this is the wrong side for that let new by a fair margin. You can see from your post that ignorance of the facts can make you assume things that along way from the truth. We need to be better than that. Blame the media for spreading ignorance and fear about Muslims. We need clarity and common sense not random acts of racism. Attacking grave stones is the Euwan Usami
  • Score: 0

8:40pm Tue 2 Jul 13

merlin the silure says...

fact-the "celtic cross" is not a far right symbol-in fact it is no symbol at all apart from being a celtic cross
fact-the "swastika" symbol was,is and has been used over thousands of years by various peoples as varying things until adolf and now welshmen and his ilk turned it into something nasty.
fact-the "celtic cross" is not a far right symbol-in fact it is no symbol at all apart from being a celtic cross fact-the "swastika" symbol was,is and has been used over thousands of years by various peoples as varying things until adolf and now welshmen and his ilk turned it into something nasty. merlin the silure
  • Score: 0

8:49pm Tue 2 Jul 13

merlin the silure says...

welshmen-dylech chi a'ch bod pobl yn cropian yn ol o dan eich cerrig

now I'm only a mother tongue learner so bear with me.
welshmen-dylech chi a'ch bod pobl yn cropian yn ol o dan eich cerrig now I'm only a mother tongue learner so bear with me. merlin the silure
  • Score: 0

1:54pm Wed 3 Jul 13

welshmen says...

merlin the silure wrote:
welshmen-dylech chi a'ch bod pobl yn cropian yn ol o dan eich cerrig

now I'm only a mother tongue learner so bear with me.
canfydda 'r 'n dri gostega yn darllen ble 'na llyfrau were, 'ch iawn 'n chwim achos a 'n goch commie, 'n nifylog....
[quote][p][bold]merlin the silure[/bold] wrote: welshmen-dylech chi a'ch bod pobl yn cropian yn ol o dan eich cerrig now I'm only a mother tongue learner so bear with me.[/p][/quote]canfydda 'r 'n dri gostega yn darllen ble 'na llyfrau were, 'ch iawn 'n chwim achos a 'n goch commie, 'n nifylog.... welshmen
  • Score: 0

2:07pm Wed 3 Jul 13

welshmen says...

merlin the silure wrote:
fact-the "celtic cross" is not a far right symbol-in fact it is no symbol at all apart from being a celtic cross
fact-the "swastika" symbol was,is and has been used over thousands of years by various peoples as varying things until adolf and now welshmen and his ilk turned it into something nasty.
The Celtic Cross was used by a far right Neo-Nazism, the Cross was adopted by a Prohibited Political Party in Germany (VSBD)....
[quote][p][bold]merlin the silure[/bold] wrote: fact-the "celtic cross" is not a far right symbol-in fact it is no symbol at all apart from being a celtic cross fact-the "swastika" symbol was,is and has been used over thousands of years by various peoples as varying things until adolf and now welshmen and his ilk turned it into something nasty.[/p][/quote]The Celtic Cross was used by a far right Neo-Nazism, the Cross was adopted by a Prohibited Political Party in Germany (VSBD).... welshmen
  • Score: 0

4:43pm Sun 7 Jul 13

let em swing says...

Lovely weekend and weather... still no rearranged vigil, makes you wonder doesn't it.
Lovely weekend and weather... still no rearranged vigil, makes you wonder doesn't it. let em swing
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree