LiveEU POLL LIVE: No change in Wales as Newport candidate misses out

First published in Gwent news
Last updated
South Wales Argus: Photograph of the Author by

This live event has finished

Summary

  • MEPs from Labour, UKIP, Tories and Plaid elected to four seats
  • Newport-based Labour number 2 Jayne Bryant misses out
  • UKIP come close first or second everywhere in Wales; close second in Newport
  • Follow tonight's results live at our live blog at on Twitter at @ArgusDDeans

Comments (10)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:33pm Sun 25 May 14

Katie Re-Registered says...

From a gender politics viewpoint, it has to be said that this year's Euovision Song Contest result was of infinitely more significance with regard to change in the lives of Welsh trans and gender non-conformist people than the above presently unrepresentative parliament which includes not one transgendered Welsh person. Just sayin';)
From a gender politics viewpoint, it has to be said that this year's Euovision Song Contest result was of infinitely more significance with regard to change in the lives of Welsh trans and gender non-conformist people than the above presently unrepresentative parliament which includes not one transgendered Welsh person. Just sayin';) Katie Re-Registered
  • Score: -17

5:53pm Sun 25 May 14

Banjalucka says...

SW ARGUS - Your wording - Gwent's 5 Counties - that's not right!. You mean councils.
SW ARGUS - Your wording - Gwent's 5 Counties - that's not right!. You mean councils. Banjalucka
  • Score: 1

5:57pm Sun 25 May 14

regaturn says...

Katie Re-Registered wrote:
From a gender politics viewpoint, it has to be said that this year's Euovision Song Contest result was of infinitely more significance with regard to change in the lives of Welsh trans and gender non-conformist people than the above presently unrepresentative parliament which includes not one transgendered Welsh person. Just sayin';)
It that all you think and write about! You never miss an opportunity to try and connect every Argus story with a trans gender link.
[quote][p][bold]Katie Re-Registered[/bold] wrote: From a gender politics viewpoint, it has to be said that this year's Euovision Song Contest result was of infinitely more significance with regard to change in the lives of Welsh trans and gender non-conformist people than the above presently unrepresentative parliament which includes not one transgendered Welsh person. Just sayin';)[/p][/quote]It that all you think and write about! You never miss an opportunity to try and connect every Argus story with a trans gender link. regaturn
  • Score: 9

6:29pm Sun 25 May 14

Walter Devereux says...

Banjalucka wrote:
SW ARGUS - Your wording - Gwent's 5 Counties - that's not right!. You mean councils.
They don't know what they mean. Sometimes Gwent is a county. Sometimes it contains counties. In reality neither is true.
[quote][p][bold]Banjalucka[/bold] wrote: SW ARGUS - Your wording - Gwent's 5 Counties - that's not right!. You mean councils.[/p][/quote]They don't know what they mean. Sometimes Gwent is a county. Sometimes it contains counties. In reality neither is true. Walter Devereux
  • Score: 5

6:42pm Sun 25 May 14

Independentvoter says...

regaturn wrote:
Katie Re-Registered wrote:
From a gender politics viewpoint, it has to be said that this year's Euovision Song Contest result was of infinitely more significance with regard to change in the lives of Welsh trans and gender non-conformist people than the above presently unrepresentative parliament which includes not one transgendered Welsh person. Just sayin';)
It that all you think and write about! You never miss an opportunity to try and connect every Argus story with a trans gender link.
I have noticed that too - some people have a mono political agenda and stick to it for every story printed.
[quote][p][bold]regaturn[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Katie Re-Registered[/bold] wrote: From a gender politics viewpoint, it has to be said that this year's Euovision Song Contest result was of infinitely more significance with regard to change in the lives of Welsh trans and gender non-conformist people than the above presently unrepresentative parliament which includes not one transgendered Welsh person. Just sayin';)[/p][/quote]It that all you think and write about! You never miss an opportunity to try and connect every Argus story with a trans gender link.[/p][/quote]I have noticed that too - some people have a mono political agenda and stick to it for every story printed. Independentvoter
  • Score: 6

8:49pm Sun 25 May 14

cornucopia of crapitude says...

Katie Re-Registered wrote:
From a gender politics viewpoint, it has to be said that this year's Euovision Song Contest result was of infinitely more significance with regard to change in the lives of Welsh trans and gender non-conformist people than the above presently unrepresentative parliament which includes not one transgendered Welsh person. Just sayin';)
I agree, there are too many white middle class straight men in politics. Why don't you stand for election Katie?
[quote][p][bold]Katie Re-Registered[/bold] wrote: From a gender politics viewpoint, it has to be said that this year's Euovision Song Contest result was of infinitely more significance with regard to change in the lives of Welsh trans and gender non-conformist people than the above presently unrepresentative parliament which includes not one transgendered Welsh person. Just sayin';)[/p][/quote]I agree, there are too many white middle class straight men in politics. Why don't you stand for election Katie? cornucopia of crapitude
  • Score: 6

11:46pm Sun 25 May 14

KarloMarko says...

V.good and prompt coverage from David Deans...thanks for that.

What interests me is that the "little Englander" party plus ultra, UKIP, can now outpoll Plaid in so many areas of Wales. Plaid, the Party of Wales? Really? How stands the National project now?

And its a pity Wales doesn't have a half decent Green Party...if only for the protest votes.
V.good and prompt coverage from David Deans...thanks for that. What interests me is that the "little Englander" party plus ultra, UKIP, can now outpoll Plaid in so many areas of Wales. Plaid, the Party of Wales? Really? How stands the National project now? And its a pity Wales doesn't have a half decent Green Party...if only for the protest votes. KarloMarko
  • Score: 2

11:34am Mon 26 May 14

Jonnytrouble says...

A good question ?
Why is Monmouthshire a high Tory voting area ?
Is it because being a rural Farming area there scared of losing EU subs???
and cheap E European labour ???
A good question ? Why is Monmouthshire a high Tory voting area ? Is it because being a rural Farming area there scared of losing EU subs??? and cheap E European labour ??? Jonnytrouble
  • Score: 0

5:37pm Mon 26 May 14

Magor says...

Jonnytrouble wrote:
A good question ?
Why is Monmouthshire a high Tory voting area ?
Is it because being a rural Farming area there scared of losing EU subs???
and cheap E European labour ???
Look around the UK the better off areas always vote Tory and the dumps vote Labour.
[quote][p][bold]Jonnytrouble[/bold] wrote: A good question ? Why is Monmouthshire a high Tory voting area ? Is it because being a rural Farming area there scared of losing EU subs??? and cheap E European labour ???[/p][/quote]Look around the UK the better off areas always vote Tory and the dumps vote Labour. Magor
  • Score: -1

9:11pm Mon 26 May 14

-trigg- says...

Magor wrote:
Jonnytrouble wrote:
A good question ?
Why is Monmouthshire a high Tory voting area ?
Is it because being a rural Farming area there scared of losing EU subs???
and cheap E European labour ???
Look around the UK the better off areas always vote Tory and the dumps vote Labour.
Are they voting Labour because they're dumps or is it the other way around?
[quote][p][bold]Magor[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jonnytrouble[/bold] wrote: A good question ? Why is Monmouthshire a high Tory voting area ? Is it because being a rural Farming area there scared of losing EU subs??? and cheap E European labour ???[/p][/quote]Look around the UK the better off areas always vote Tory and the dumps vote Labour.[/p][/quote]Are they voting Labour because they're dumps or is it the other way around? -trigg-
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree