Clean example

I AM WONDERING why we, who use the Malpas bypass, the section of the A4042, have to constantly put up with huge amounts of litter and rubbish strewn across the area?

When telephoning to ask for the road to be cleaned I am always told that it will be done when traffic management can be arranged.

The SDR from the Coldra is kept in an absolutely pristine condition, as is Cwmbran Drive.

The SDR being managed and cleaned by Ringway Infrastructure Services and Cwmbran Drive, of course by Torfaen Council.

Perhaps Newport City could follow the same model for cleaning our roads.

Kath Vinnicombe Newport

Comments (8)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:02pm Mon 10 Feb 14

GardenVarietyMushroom says...

If it bothers you that much then raise a posse and go and clean it up yourself.
If it bothers you that much then raise a posse and go and clean it up yourself. GardenVarietyMushroom

10:04pm Mon 10 Feb 14

scraptheWAG says...

They should make all the benefit incapacity crowd clear it all up or stop their benefits!!
They should make all the benefit incapacity crowd clear it all up or stop their benefits!! scraptheWAG

10:47pm Mon 10 Feb 14

GardenVarietyMushroom says...

scraptheWAG wrote:
They should make all the benefit incapacity crowd clear it all up or stop their benefits!!
How about we just make a big bonfire out of it with you as the guy?
[quote][p][bold]scraptheWAG[/bold] wrote: They should make all the benefit incapacity crowd clear it all up or stop their benefits!![/p][/quote]How about we just make a big bonfire out of it with you as the guy? GardenVarietyMushroom

8:02am Tue 11 Feb 14

Llanmartinangel says...

GardenVarietyMushroo
m
wrote:
If it bothers you that much then raise a posse and go and clean it up yourself.
We actually do that on our country road and the common people even lob stuff out of their car windows when they see us collecting. Within a couple of days it's as bad as it was. They should certainly make offenders collect it. Preferably litter louts and fly tippers.
[quote][p][bold]GardenVarietyMushroo m[/bold] wrote: If it bothers you that much then raise a posse and go and clean it up yourself.[/p][/quote]We actually do that on our country road and the common people even lob stuff out of their car windows when they see us collecting. Within a couple of days it's as bad as it was. They should certainly make offenders collect it. Preferably litter louts and fly tippers. Llanmartinangel

11:49am Tue 11 Feb 14

GardenVarietyMushroom says...

Llanmartinangel wrote:
GardenVarietyMushroo

m
wrote:
If it bothers you that much then raise a posse and go and clean it up yourself.
We actually do that on our country road and the common people even lob stuff out of their car windows when they see us collecting. Within a couple of days it's as bad as it was. They should certainly make offenders collect it. Preferably litter louts and fly tippers.
Common people? There are numerous reports available that show littering is not a class issue but is carried out by representatives from the whole of society. I myself accosted someone in a layby last year - some suit wearing Audi driver - who was pulled over and throwing rubbish from his open passenger side door. Couldn't even be bothered to get out of his car and walk to the litter bin a few metres away. When I accosted him he started arguing with me and told me (rather more rudely than is allowed in print here) to mind my own business. I had to commit a crime (ssshhh) by threatening him with violence and opening his door to drag him out of his car, to get him to pick it up and dispose of it properly.
[quote][p][bold]Llanmartinangel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GardenVarietyMushroo m[/bold] wrote: If it bothers you that much then raise a posse and go and clean it up yourself.[/p][/quote]We actually do that on our country road and the common people even lob stuff out of their car windows when they see us collecting. Within a couple of days it's as bad as it was. They should certainly make offenders collect it. Preferably litter louts and fly tippers.[/p][/quote]Common people? There are numerous reports available that show littering is not a class issue but is carried out by representatives from the whole of society. I myself accosted someone in a layby last year - some suit wearing Audi driver - who was pulled over and throwing rubbish from his open passenger side door. Couldn't even be bothered to get out of his car and walk to the litter bin a few metres away. When I accosted him he started arguing with me and told me (rather more rudely than is allowed in print here) to mind my own business. I had to commit a crime (ssshhh) by threatening him with violence and opening his door to drag him out of his car, to get him to pick it up and dispose of it properly. GardenVarietyMushroom

8:02pm Tue 11 Feb 14

scraptheWAG says...

GardenVarietyMushroo
m
wrote:
scraptheWAG wrote:
They should make all the benefit incapacity crowd clear it all up or stop their benefits!!
How about we just make a big bonfire out of it with you as the guy?
then who would go out to work to pay your disability/incap benefit
[quote][p][bold]GardenVarietyMushroo m[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scraptheWAG[/bold] wrote: They should make all the benefit incapacity crowd clear it all up or stop their benefits!![/p][/quote]How about we just make a big bonfire out of it with you as the guy?[/p][/quote]then who would go out to work to pay your disability/incap benefit scraptheWAG

9:43pm Tue 11 Feb 14

GardenVarietyMushroom says...

scraptheWAG wrote:
GardenVarietyMushroo

m
wrote:
scraptheWAG wrote:
They should make all the benefit incapacity crowd clear it all up or stop their benefits!!
How about we just make a big bonfire out of it with you as the guy?
then who would go out to work to pay your disability/incap benefit
1 - I work. Well, most of the time anyways
2- I'm pretty far from disabled. Big, strong, fit and healthy - a fine specimen of a man
3 - You're an idiot.
4 - You really are an idiot.
[quote][p][bold]scraptheWAG[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GardenVarietyMushroo m[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scraptheWAG[/bold] wrote: They should make all the benefit incapacity crowd clear it all up or stop their benefits!![/p][/quote]How about we just make a big bonfire out of it with you as the guy?[/p][/quote]then who would go out to work to pay your disability/incap benefit[/p][/quote]1 - I work. Well, most of the time anyways 2- I'm pretty far from disabled. Big, strong, fit and healthy - a fine specimen of a man 3 - You're an idiot. 4 - You really are an idiot. GardenVarietyMushroom

7:59am Wed 12 Feb 14

Llanmartinangel says...

GardenVarietyMushroo
m
wrote:
Llanmartinangel wrote:
GardenVarietyMushroo


m
wrote:
If it bothers you that much then raise a posse and go and clean it up yourself.
We actually do that on our country road and the common people even lob stuff out of their car windows when they see us collecting. Within a couple of days it's as bad as it was. They should certainly make offenders collect it. Preferably litter louts and fly tippers.
Common people? There are numerous reports available that show littering is not a class issue but is carried out by representatives from the whole of society. I myself accosted someone in a layby last year - some suit wearing Audi driver - who was pulled over and throwing rubbish from his open passenger side door. Couldn't even be bothered to get out of his car and walk to the litter bin a few metres away. When I accosted him he started arguing with me and told me (rather more rudely than is allowed in print here) to mind my own business. I had to commit a crime (ssshhh) by threatening him with violence and opening his door to drag him out of his car, to get him to pick it up and dispose of it properly.
Well done on your excellent treatment of this oik. By 'common' I didn't mean 'poor'. Money is no indicator of social class or civilised behaviour. If it was my dinner parties would be populated by drug dealers driving Subaru cars with oil-drum exhausts and black windows.
[quote][p][bold]GardenVarietyMushroo m[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Llanmartinangel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]GardenVarietyMushroo m[/bold] wrote: If it bothers you that much then raise a posse and go and clean it up yourself.[/p][/quote]We actually do that on our country road and the common people even lob stuff out of their car windows when they see us collecting. Within a couple of days it's as bad as it was. They should certainly make offenders collect it. Preferably litter louts and fly tippers.[/p][/quote]Common people? There are numerous reports available that show littering is not a class issue but is carried out by representatives from the whole of society. I myself accosted someone in a layby last year - some suit wearing Audi driver - who was pulled over and throwing rubbish from his open passenger side door. Couldn't even be bothered to get out of his car and walk to the litter bin a few metres away. When I accosted him he started arguing with me and told me (rather more rudely than is allowed in print here) to mind my own business. I had to commit a crime (ssshhh) by threatening him with violence and opening his door to drag him out of his car, to get him to pick it up and dispose of it properly.[/p][/quote]Well done on your excellent treatment of this oik. By 'common' I didn't mean 'poor'. Money is no indicator of social class or civilised behaviour. If it was my dinner parties would be populated by drug dealers driving Subaru cars with oil-drum exhausts and black windows. Llanmartinangel

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree