Tickets on sale for County friendlies

NEWPORT County AFC have announced that tickets are now on sale for their home pre-season friendlies with FC Carl Zeiss Jena and Coventry City.

Initially ticket sales for both games are restricted to online sales at newport-county.co.uk, but supporters will be able to buy tickets in person or over the phone from the Rodney Parade Ticket Office from Monday, July 7.

A special offer enables fans to buy tickets for both games for a discounted price. These tickets are only available in advance and must be brought by close of business on Friday, July 25.

Coventry City fans cannot purchase tickets in advance online, but can do so over phone after July 7.

The Exiles host Jena at Rodney Parade on Saturday, July 26, and Coventry on Tuesday, July 29.

Ticket details for the Capital One Cup round one tie against Reading at the Madejski Stadium on Tuesday, August 12, (kick-off 8pm) have also been released.

The club will receive an initial allocation of 1,000 tickets and prices for the tie will be £12 for adults in advance, £5 for under-21s and seniors and just £1 for under-16s.

The Capital One Kids for £1 scheme means any full paying adult can buy up to five additional under-16s tickets for £1 each.

Tickets for the tie should be available from the new County ticket office from Monday, July 14.

Meanwhile, more details of the Newport County AFC Charity Fun Day on Sunday, July 20, have been revealed.

The event starts at midday at Newport Corries’ Coronation Park and features displays by the County Development XI and an appearance from special guest Spytty the Dog.

The family fun day will also feature a bar and BBQ, soccer skills activities, a raffle and various stalls and other entertainment.

Admission is £2 for adults and free for children, with all money raised going to a trust fund for Pontypool baby Hallie-Rose Howarth, whose mum tragically died two days after her birth.

Also on July 20, an Exiles XI will play Caerleon Town AFC at 1pm to raise money for newborn Hallie-Rose, the daughter of Caerleon player Lee Howarth.

County have also announced that their League Two fixture at home to Cheltenham Town next March has been moved forward to avoid a clash with Wales’ Six Nations game against Ireland.

Originally scheduled for, Saturday, March 14, Justin Edinburgh’s men will now host the Robins on Friday, March 13 next year, kick-off 7.45pm.

Comments (5)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:34pm Tue 24 Jun 14

JimMachen says...

So why are tickets for inconsequential friendlies substantially more expensive than for a competitive cup match against Reading?
So why are tickets for inconsequential friendlies substantially more expensive than for a competitive cup match against Reading? JimMachen
  • Score: 1

2:26pm Wed 25 Jun 14

county mad says...

JimMachen wrote:
So why are tickets for inconsequential friendlies substantially more expensive than for a competitive cup match against Reading?
Because we have to pay for the opposition to come and play
[quote][p][bold]JimMachen[/bold] wrote: So why are tickets for inconsequential friendlies substantially more expensive than for a competitive cup match against Reading?[/p][/quote]Because we have to pay for the opposition to come and play county mad
  • Score: 1

5:18pm Wed 25 Jun 14

JimMachen says...

county mad wrote:
JimMachen wrote:
So why are tickets for inconsequential friendlies substantially more expensive than for a competitive cup match against Reading?
Because we have to pay for the opposition to come and play
Fair enough to a point, but Reading have to give us 45% of the gate money after paying our travel costs and all other expenses.

Nuneaton's friendly against Coventry has a maximum price of £10 with free admission for season ticket holders.

I can't find any prices for Rodney Parade for terrace tickets or what the prices will be on the day, but Watford v Coventry will be £12 to stand and Brizzle Rovers max price is £14, all available on the day. Only Stevenage are charging £15, either in advance or on the day, apart from us of course.
[quote][p][bold]county mad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JimMachen[/bold] wrote: So why are tickets for inconsequential friendlies substantially more expensive than for a competitive cup match against Reading?[/p][/quote]Because we have to pay for the opposition to come and play[/p][/quote]Fair enough to a point, but Reading have to give us 45% of the gate money after paying our travel costs and all other expenses. Nuneaton's friendly against Coventry has a maximum price of £10 with free admission for season ticket holders. I can't find any prices for Rodney Parade for terrace tickets or what the prices will be on the day, but Watford v Coventry will be £12 to stand and Brizzle Rovers max price is £14, all available on the day. Only Stevenage are charging £15, either in advance or on the day, apart from us of course. JimMachen
  • Score: 0

3:58pm Mon 30 Jun 14

Ultimate Worrier says...

JimMachen wrote:
county mad wrote:
JimMachen wrote:
So why are tickets for inconsequential friendlies substantially more expensive than for a competitive cup match against Reading?
Because we have to pay for the opposition to come and play
Fair enough to a point, but Reading have to give us 45% of the gate money after paying our travel costs and all other expenses.

Nuneaton's friendly against Coventry has a maximum price of £10 with free admission for season ticket holders.

I can't find any prices for Rodney Parade for terrace tickets or what the prices will be on the day, but Watford v Coventry will be £12 to stand and Brizzle Rovers max price is £14, all available on the day. Only Stevenage are charging £15, either in advance or on the day, apart from us of course.
I would imagine that playing the game at Rodney Parade is part of the 'problem'. We are just tenants after all, and I imagine there is a minimum fee that RP Ltd will request to use their ground.
[quote][p][bold]JimMachen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]county mad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JimMachen[/bold] wrote: So why are tickets for inconsequential friendlies substantially more expensive than for a competitive cup match against Reading?[/p][/quote]Because we have to pay for the opposition to come and play[/p][/quote]Fair enough to a point, but Reading have to give us 45% of the gate money after paying our travel costs and all other expenses. Nuneaton's friendly against Coventry has a maximum price of £10 with free admission for season ticket holders. I can't find any prices for Rodney Parade for terrace tickets or what the prices will be on the day, but Watford v Coventry will be £12 to stand and Brizzle Rovers max price is £14, all available on the day. Only Stevenage are charging £15, either in advance or on the day, apart from us of course.[/p][/quote]I would imagine that playing the game at Rodney Parade is part of the 'problem'. We are just tenants after all, and I imagine there is a minimum fee that RP Ltd will request to use their ground. Ultimate Worrier
  • Score: 0

5:59pm Fri 4 Jul 14

JimMachen says...

Ultimate Worrier wrote:
JimMachen wrote:
county mad wrote:
JimMachen wrote:
So why are tickets for inconsequential friendlies substantially more expensive than for a competitive cup match against Reading?
Because we have to pay for the opposition to come and play
Fair enough to a point, but Reading have to give us 45% of the gate money after paying our travel costs and all other expenses.

Nuneaton's friendly against Coventry has a maximum price of £10 with free admission for season ticket holders.

I can't find any prices for Rodney Parade for terrace tickets or what the prices will be on the day, but Watford v Coventry will be £12 to stand and Brizzle Rovers max price is £14, all available on the day. Only Stevenage are charging £15, either in advance or on the day, apart from us of course.
I would imagine that playing the game at Rodney Parade is part of the 'problem'. We are just tenants after all, and I imagine there is a minimum fee that RP Ltd will request to use their ground.
If we are paying on a "per match" basis rather than "per season", then you may well be right.

I'll admit to having never been 100% comfortable with the Rodney Parade move, given the massive loss in bar and food revenue and the increased cost (doubling?) of ground rental. Pitch aside though, it can't be denied that it is a better stadium than Spytty, unless you happen to be a fat git like me and struggle to fit into the seats in the Hazell Stand.
[quote][p][bold]Ultimate Worrier[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JimMachen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]county mad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JimMachen[/bold] wrote: So why are tickets for inconsequential friendlies substantially more expensive than for a competitive cup match against Reading?[/p][/quote]Because we have to pay for the opposition to come and play[/p][/quote]Fair enough to a point, but Reading have to give us 45% of the gate money after paying our travel costs and all other expenses. Nuneaton's friendly against Coventry has a maximum price of £10 with free admission for season ticket holders. I can't find any prices for Rodney Parade for terrace tickets or what the prices will be on the day, but Watford v Coventry will be £12 to stand and Brizzle Rovers max price is £14, all available on the day. Only Stevenage are charging £15, either in advance or on the day, apart from us of course.[/p][/quote]I would imagine that playing the game at Rodney Parade is part of the 'problem'. We are just tenants after all, and I imagine there is a minimum fee that RP Ltd will request to use their ground.[/p][/quote]If we are paying on a "per match" basis rather than "per season", then you may well be right. I'll admit to having never been 100% comfortable with the Rodney Parade move, given the massive loss in bar and food revenue and the increased cost (doubling?) of ground rental. Pitch aside though, it can't be denied that it is a better stadium than Spytty, unless you happen to be a fat git like me and struggle to fit into the seats in the Hazell Stand. JimMachen
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree