Lottery millionaire joins Newport County

BIG BACKING: Les Scadding

BIG BACKING: Les Scadding

First published in Newport County South Wales Argus: Photograph of the Author Exclusive by

LOTTERY multi-millionaire Les Scadding has joined the board at Newport County AFC and has urged people to follow his lead in order to help the Exiles complete their march back to the Football League.

Scadding made headline news across the world in November 2009 when he scooped the £45 million Euro Millions jackpot.

Scadding at the time made clear his realistic and modest plans for his cash and only made promises to buy a new car and spoil his three children.

A big football fan and at the time of their win based in Caerleon, Scadding has been a regular visitor to Newport County for the past year.

He was a regular face in the directors’ box at Spytty Park last term and also frequently travelled with then chairman Chris Blight to away games.

Director Howard Greenhaf and Blight made no secret of their desire to have Scadding join the club but opted for a softly, softly approach that has now paid off.

There is no prospect of Scadding acting as a sugar daddy and pouring lavish sums into the club, but his arrival will still be greeted with great enthusiasm by the County faithful following their move to Rodney Parade.

Scadding joins Greenhaf and interim chairman David Hando on the board, with three more members to be announced in the near future.

However, Scadding is hopeful his public involvement can lead to even more businessmen following his lead in backing the Exiles. He also confirmed that the "regrettable," resignation of Blight made him feel now was the time to publicly show his support for the club.

"I have been involved since last season, but I’ve been on the outside. However, because of the regrettable situation with Chris and the fact the club has been left with one director, it seems right to come on now officially.

"H (Howard Greenhaf) is a good friend and I have enormous faith in his ability to take the club forward. But the time is right to come on officially, helping him is my main objective and I’m looking forward to being known as a director rather than a guy acting as such but in an unofficial capacity."

Scadding was hugely impressed with the first friendlies at Rodney Parade and is hopeful the feelgood factor at the club can convince other businessmen to join the club.

"Tuesday’s game with Bristol Rovers couldn’t have gone better and that’s the sort of thing that makes it all worth while, I just hope the fans will give us the support," he explained. "We need 1,800 every week and if we can take 10,000 to Wembley that shouldn’t be a problem."

Scadding is under no illusions about the job lot of a non-league football director.

"I’ve tried to help in the past financially and will do so going forward, as does Howard and as did Chris Blight. I don’t think people realise just how much money these guys and others have put in over the last ten years and that money doesn’t come back.

"But we know what we are getting in for, us contributing financially gives the club stability and my message to anyone interested in the club is ‘come and join us’. I’m trying to get some other people on the board of directors and a few in the corporate boxes on a Saturday as well.

"There is a good feel about the club, the Supporters’ Trust gives us great support and I want to do my bit"

Comments (49)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:04am Mon 30 Jul 12

LSB Bee says...

Welcome aboard Mr Scadding. Onwards and upwards back to the football league!
Welcome aboard Mr Scadding. Onwards and upwards back to the football league! LSB Bee
  • Score: 0

8:25am Mon 30 Jul 12

Adrian Williams says...

"We are going up, say we are going up "
"We are going up, say we are going up " Adrian Williams
  • Score: 0

12:49pm Mon 30 Jul 12

adrian simmonds says...

Although Mr. Scadding has made no financial commitments as such, it's hard to imagine he won't be happy to put his hand into his (deep) pocket.
Terrific news.
Although Mr. Scadding has made no financial commitments as such, it's hard to imagine he won't be happy to put his hand into his (deep) pocket. Terrific news. adrian simmonds
  • Score: 0

1:39pm Mon 30 Jul 12

high x boy says...

can only be good news for everyone at rodney parade
can only be good news for everyone at rodney parade high x boy
  • Score: 0

2:33pm Mon 30 Jul 12

lowandhardandinthecorner says...

We are never usually this lucky! One of the few people in the city with cash and he's a County supporter. He's doing what we have all dreamed about - win the lottery and give some money to the club. Thanks Mr Scadding, now is the time for some local businessmen to back him up.
We are never usually this lucky! One of the few people in the city with cash and he's a County supporter. He's doing what we have all dreamed about - win the lottery and give some money to the club. Thanks Mr Scadding, now is the time for some local businessmen to back him up. lowandhardandinthecorner
  • Score: 0

2:42pm Mon 30 Jul 12

rhinestine says...

Great!! He can buy you lot a new ground and we can have just Rugby at RP!!
Great!! He can buy you lot a new ground and we can have just Rugby at RP!! rhinestine
  • Score: 0

3:00pm Mon 30 Jul 12

Owain Vaughan says...

rhinestine wrote:
Great!! He can buy you lot a new ground and we can have just Rugby at RP!!
I guess in an ideal world, Newport Rugby and Newport County would have their own stadia and the cuckoo Dragons wouldn't exist. However we are where we are and the ground share is a symbiotic relationship.
[quote][p][bold]rhinestine[/bold] wrote: Great!! He can buy you lot a new ground and we can have just Rugby at RP!![/p][/quote]I guess in an ideal world, Newport Rugby and Newport County would have their own stadia and the cuckoo Dragons wouldn't exist. However we are where we are and the ground share is a symbiotic relationship. Owain Vaughan
  • Score: 0

6:17pm Mon 30 Jul 12

County says...

Yes rhinestone because that's been so successful for you over the past few seasons.
Yes rhinestone because that's been so successful for you over the past few seasons. County
  • Score: 0

12:31am Tue 31 Jul 12

b3talover says...

County wrote:
Yes rhinestone because that's been so successful for you over the past few seasons.
Pot Kettle?
[quote][p][bold]County[/bold] wrote: Yes rhinestone because that's been so successful for you over the past few seasons.[/p][/quote]Pot Kettle? b3talover
  • Score: 0

9:14am Tue 31 Jul 12

rhinestine says...

Owain Vaughan wrote:
rhinestine wrote:
Great!! He can buy you lot a new ground and we can have just Rugby at RP!!
I guess in an ideal world, Newport Rugby and Newport County would have their own stadia and the cuckoo Dragons wouldn't exist. However we are where we are and the ground share is a symbiotic relationship.
I don't see why NC need to play on RP when no one really watches them, and no one really cares for football in this area..... also, with this chap on board, surely he could afford to buy NC a ground?
[quote][p][bold]Owain Vaughan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rhinestine[/bold] wrote: Great!! He can buy you lot a new ground and we can have just Rugby at RP!![/p][/quote]I guess in an ideal world, Newport Rugby and Newport County would have their own stadia and the cuckoo Dragons wouldn't exist. However we are where we are and the ground share is a symbiotic relationship.[/p][/quote]I don't see why NC need to play on RP when no one really watches them, and no one really cares for football in this area..... also, with this chap on board, surely he could afford to buy NC a ground? rhinestine
  • Score: 0

9:26am Tue 31 Jul 12

Owain Vaughan says...

Just out of interest rhinestine, which team do you support? Please tell me it isn't the cuckoo Dragons otherwise you would be quite the hypocrite.
Just out of interest rhinestine, which team do you support? Please tell me it isn't the cuckoo Dragons otherwise you would be quite the hypocrite. Owain Vaughan
  • Score: 0

10:55am Tue 31 Jul 12

rhinestine says...

Newport RFC and the Dragons, I support them both, why would I be a hypocrite for supporting the Dragons??

I don't like or want football anywhere near RP, end of.
Newport RFC and the Dragons, I support them both, why would I be a hypocrite for supporting the Dragons?? I don't like or want football anywhere near RP, end of. rhinestine
  • Score: 0

11:07am Tue 31 Jul 12

Owain Vaughan says...

The Dragons rent the ground from Newport RFC. The County rent the ground from Newport RFC. You wanting to kick one out whilst supporting the other is hypocrisy. Why does it matter what sport they play for goodness sake? If it makes Newport RFC money why should you care?
The Dragons rent the ground from Newport RFC. The County rent the ground from Newport RFC. You wanting to kick one out whilst supporting the other is hypocrisy. Why does it matter what sport they play for goodness sake? If it makes Newport RFC money why should you care? Owain Vaughan
  • Score: 0

11:35am Tue 31 Jul 12

Nptsportsfan says...

Rhinstine you're probably trolling but here goes. Don't you realise that without new investment you won't have a region to follow, i'm a county fan but i like my rugby and went to about 5 Dragons games last year. I'd be embracing the county because without the extra income the Dragons could well go under.
Rhinstine you're probably trolling but here goes. Don't you realise that without new investment you won't have a region to follow, i'm a county fan but i like my rugby and went to about 5 Dragons games last year. I'd be embracing the county because without the extra income the Dragons could well go under. Nptsportsfan
  • Score: 0

1:42pm Tue 31 Jul 12

rustyuk1 says...

Just out of interest when County use to play out of Somerton Park we boasted some of the highest capacity games in the Welsh region (stadium's record attendance was 24,268) which was against Cardiff (1937). Maximum capacity was 25,000.
Ok we might never see the likes again but just imagine half that amount?
Rodney parade capacity is 11,626?

With just a simple move to the City centre Newport’s Rodney Parade the Home of Rugby and Football will become an amazing place. Bringing in much needed revenue for the area, You’ll never know what might happen. Instead of being the whipping boys of Welsh Rugby with County, Dragons and Newport, coexisting in one ground we will make a name for ourselves again.

I am a big fan of Newport RFC, Dragons and County. I think it’s a great move…

Rhienstine I think your heart is in the right place but look at the bigger picture here IT’S A MOVE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
Just out of interest when County use to play out of Somerton Park we boasted some of the highest capacity games in the Welsh region (stadium's record attendance was 24,268) which was against Cardiff (1937). Maximum capacity was 25,000. Ok we might never see the likes again but just imagine half that amount? Rodney parade capacity is 11,626? With just a simple move to the City centre Newport’s Rodney Parade the Home of Rugby and Football will become an amazing place. Bringing in much needed revenue for the area, You’ll never know what might happen. Instead of being the whipping boys of Welsh Rugby with County, Dragons and Newport, coexisting in one ground we will make a name for ourselves again. I am a big fan of Newport RFC, Dragons and County. I think it’s a great move… Rhienstine I think your heart is in the right place but look at the bigger picture here IT’S A MOVE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. rustyuk1
  • Score: 0

1:56pm Tue 31 Jul 12

County says...

"Pot Kettle?"

Getting defensive because you're a Dragons fan I take it? This move works for all of us, we're not the ones complaining. We've been held back by our ground but have still made massive strides in the last five years with a title win, cup win and trip to Wembley. Dragons are stuck in a cycle of getting the worst crowds of the Welsh regions and failing to reach the Heiniken Cup, thereby further restricting income, so unless they brought in some outside money it would remain that way for the forseeable.
"Pot Kettle?" Getting defensive because you're a Dragons fan I take it? This move works for all of us, we're not the ones complaining. We've been held back by our ground but have still made massive strides in the last five years with a title win, cup win and trip to Wembley. Dragons are stuck in a cycle of getting the worst crowds of the Welsh regions and failing to reach the Heiniken Cup, thereby further restricting income, so unless they brought in some outside money it would remain that way for the forseeable. County
  • Score: 0

2:01pm Tue 31 Jul 12

Nptsportsfan says...

I would like to see the scenario where we're a strong "sports club" and all three sides do well.
I would like to see the scenario where we're a strong "sports club" and all three sides do well. Nptsportsfan
  • Score: 0

2:23pm Tue 31 Jul 12

rhinestine says...

Ok, from my point of view, as a Rugby player and fan, (I have worn black and amber), I don't like to see anything but Rugby on RP.

I fear for the club house and surrounding areas due to the reputation of football fans.

I hope county do well, I don't like football and what comes with it, and I think county having their own ground would be the best thing all round.

I guess I am old fashioned, Rugby pitch for rugby, football pitch for football!!

With a 45 million footy fan on your side, I am sure you county fans would rather a club house etc with your own identity attached to it, e.g. pics of county players from the past, caps, etc.....
Ok, from my point of view, as a Rugby player and fan, (I have worn black and amber), I don't like to see anything but Rugby on RP. I fear for the club house and surrounding areas due to the reputation of football fans. I hope county do well, I don't like football and what comes with it, and I think county having their own ground would be the best thing all round. I guess I am old fashioned, Rugby pitch for rugby, football pitch for football!! With a 45 million footy fan on your side, I am sure you county fans would rather a club house etc with your own identity attached to it, e.g. pics of county players from the past, caps, etc..... rhinestine
  • Score: 0

3:13pm Tue 31 Jul 12

Nptsportsfan says...

I respect your viewpoint but think you are stereotyping football fans. I would be surprised if there's any trouble in the clubhouse. The one thing I would point out is i've heard a radio advert highlighting the fact that a lot of police leave is cancelled on rugby international days to deal with the 60% increase in domestic abuse instances,does that mean the majority of rugby fans are involved in this-answer no.
I respect your viewpoint but think you are stereotyping football fans. I would be surprised if there's any trouble in the clubhouse. The one thing I would point out is i've heard a radio advert highlighting the fact that a lot of police leave is cancelled on rugby international days to deal with the 60% increase in domestic abuse instances,does that mean the majority of rugby fans are involved in this-answer no. Nptsportsfan
  • Score: 0

3:20pm Tue 31 Jul 12

adrian simmonds says...

rhinestine wrote:
Ok, from my point of view, as a Rugby player and fan, (I have worn black and amber), I don't like to see anything but Rugby on RP.

I fear for the club house and surrounding areas due to the reputation of football fans.

I hope county do well, I don't like football and what comes with it, and I think county having their own ground would be the best thing all round.

I guess I am old fashioned, Rugby pitch for rugby, football pitch for football!!

With a 45 million footy fan on your side, I am sure you county fans would rather a club house etc with your own identity attached to it, e.g. pics of county players from the past, caps, etc.....
Rhinestine, you're in a minority of one, acting like Don Quixote tilting at windmills. The fact you won't accept is that Newport RFC and the Dragons both wanted and needed the extra revenue that County can bring so you're a bit of a voice inthe wilderness. And before you start claiming that "nobody watches us" what was RFC's average gate last season? I take no pleasure in asking that question as I wish they could attract better crowds than the 500 - 1000 they apparently get.
With the new collaboration, perhaps all 3 clubs will now see better gates and more income.
[quote][p][bold]rhinestine[/bold] wrote: Ok, from my point of view, as a Rugby player and fan, (I have worn black and amber), I don't like to see anything but Rugby on RP. I fear for the club house and surrounding areas due to the reputation of football fans. I hope county do well, I don't like football and what comes with it, and I think county having their own ground would be the best thing all round. I guess I am old fashioned, Rugby pitch for rugby, football pitch for football!! With a 45 million footy fan on your side, I am sure you county fans would rather a club house etc with your own identity attached to it, e.g. pics of county players from the past, caps, etc.....[/p][/quote]Rhinestine, you're in a minority of one, acting like Don Quixote tilting at windmills. The fact you won't accept is that Newport RFC and the Dragons both wanted and needed the extra revenue that County can bring so you're a bit of a voice inthe wilderness. And before you start claiming that "nobody watches us" what was RFC's average gate last season? I take no pleasure in asking that question as I wish they could attract better crowds than the 500 - 1000 they apparently get. With the new collaboration, perhaps all 3 clubs will now see better gates and more income. adrian simmonds
  • Score: 0

4:04pm Tue 31 Jul 12

rhinestine says...

adrian simmonds wrote:
rhinestine wrote:
Ok, from my point of view, as a Rugby player and fan, (I have worn black and amber), I don't like to see anything but Rugby on RP.

I fear for the club house and surrounding areas due to the reputation of football fans.

I hope county do well, I don't like football and what comes with it, and I think county having their own ground would be the best thing all round.

I guess I am old fashioned, Rugby pitch for rugby, football pitch for football!!

With a 45 million footy fan on your side, I am sure you county fans would rather a club house etc with your own identity attached to it, e.g. pics of county players from the past, caps, etc.....
Rhinestine, you're in a minority of one, acting like Don Quixote tilting at windmills. The fact you won't accept is that Newport RFC and the Dragons both wanted and needed the extra revenue that County can bring so you're a bit of a voice inthe wilderness. And before you start claiming that "nobody watches us" what was RFC's average gate last season? I take no pleasure in asking that question as I wish they could attract better crowds than the 500 - 1000 they apparently get.
With the new collaboration, perhaps all 3 clubs will now see better gates and more income.
I am not in the minority I can assure you.

@ntpsfan - come on, lets be honest, football fans are trouble makers, end of! Not all of them, but the majority are I am afraid.

I want all local sports to do well, I just don't like football on a rugby ground, same as if Somerton park was still going, you would not want rugby on there.

I genuinely want all sports teams to do well, let that be understood, and I hope money bags on the county board will help get the club where it wants to be, namely league football............
.......and off RP :)
[quote][p][bold]adrian simmonds[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rhinestine[/bold] wrote: Ok, from my point of view, as a Rugby player and fan, (I have worn black and amber), I don't like to see anything but Rugby on RP. I fear for the club house and surrounding areas due to the reputation of football fans. I hope county do well, I don't like football and what comes with it, and I think county having their own ground would be the best thing all round. I guess I am old fashioned, Rugby pitch for rugby, football pitch for football!! With a 45 million footy fan on your side, I am sure you county fans would rather a club house etc with your own identity attached to it, e.g. pics of county players from the past, caps, etc.....[/p][/quote]Rhinestine, you're in a minority of one, acting like Don Quixote tilting at windmills. The fact you won't accept is that Newport RFC and the Dragons both wanted and needed the extra revenue that County can bring so you're a bit of a voice inthe wilderness. And before you start claiming that "nobody watches us" what was RFC's average gate last season? I take no pleasure in asking that question as I wish they could attract better crowds than the 500 - 1000 they apparently get. With the new collaboration, perhaps all 3 clubs will now see better gates and more income.[/p][/quote]I am not in the minority I can assure you. @ntpsfan - come on, lets be honest, football fans are trouble makers, end of! Not all of them, but the majority are I am afraid. I want all local sports to do well, I just don't like football on a rugby ground, same as if Somerton park was still going, you would not want rugby on there. I genuinely want all sports teams to do well, let that be understood, and I hope money bags on the county board will help get the club where it wants to be, namely league football............ .......and off RP :) rhinestine
  • Score: 0

4:28pm Tue 31 Jul 12

adrian simmonds says...

Well, rhinestone, I don't see any other rugby supporter singing from your hjymn - sheet but in the unlkely even that Les Scadding does finance a new ground for County, Newport-Gwent Dragons and Newport RFC's struggles will get worse without the income they will no longer get from County.
I don't deny that County - like all football clubs unfortunately - have a lot more trouble-makers than rugby clubs. though our recrd is pretty good.And teams like Luton have a goodly number of hooligan "supporters" but why not suspend judgement till April rather than predict Armageddon from rampaging football supporters.
Well, rhinestone, I don't see any other rugby supporter singing from your hjymn - sheet but in the unlkely even that Les Scadding does finance a new ground for County, Newport-Gwent Dragons and Newport RFC's struggles will get worse without the income they will no longer get from County. I don't deny that County - like all football clubs unfortunately - have a lot more trouble-makers than rugby clubs. though our recrd is pretty good.And teams like Luton have a goodly number of hooligan "supporters" but why not suspend judgement till April rather than predict Armageddon from rampaging football supporters. adrian simmonds
  • Score: 0

5:13pm Tue 31 Jul 12

Nptsportsfan says...

I've been fair minded but the majority of football fans aren't trouble-fact. I gave you an independent fact that you chose to ignore, a lot of rugby fans cause trouble away from the games when they head back to their towns so mindlessly drunk that they out of control-fact. The behaviour of rugby tours is far worse than football tours and it is considered a badge of honour if the club has been fined or banned from a hotel.
I've been fair minded but the majority of football fans aren't trouble-fact. I gave you an independent fact that you chose to ignore, a lot of rugby fans cause trouble away from the games when they head back to their towns so mindlessly drunk that they out of control-fact. The behaviour of rugby tours is far worse than football tours and it is considered a badge of honour if the club has been fined or banned from a hotel. Nptsportsfan
  • Score: 0

9:09am Wed 1 Aug 12

corpamassive says...

Most rugby followers think they are morally superior to folk who follow football.

That is a fact

Yes football has it's troubles you can not deny that but people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones.
Go on any rugby tour ans see what the self proclaimed upstanding members of society get up to,
but hey what goes on tour stays on tour right?

Hypocrites.

que Gareth.

I
Most rugby followers think they are morally superior to folk who follow football. That is a fact Yes football has it's troubles you can not deny that but people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones. Go on any rugby tour ans see what the self proclaimed upstanding members of society get up to, but hey what goes on tour stays on tour right? Hypocrites. que Gareth. I corpamassive
  • Score: 0

9:42am Wed 1 Aug 12

Nptsportsfan says...

Spot on corpamassive and have you noticed that Rhinestine hasn't answered the domestic abuse statistic that was independently supplied.

People in glass houses indeed.
Spot on corpamassive and have you noticed that Rhinestine hasn't answered the domestic abuse statistic that was independently supplied. People in glass houses indeed. Nptsportsfan
  • Score: 0

9:42am Wed 1 Aug 12

rhinestine says...

corpamassive wrote:
Most rugby followers think they are morally superior to folk who follow football.

That is a fact

Yes football has it's troubles you can not deny that but people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones.
Go on any rugby tour ans see what the self proclaimed upstanding members of society get up to,
but hey what goes on tour stays on tour right?

Hypocrites.

que Gareth.

I
Yes, Rugby tours are a bit of fun, we have a laugh and high jinks are part of it.

However, if a group of opposition supporters, e.g. Cardiff Blues fans, walk in to the pub where all the Dragons fans are, they will be no problems, no one throwing bottles or chanting foul mouthed songs.

There will be no Police dogs or Police escorts to and from the ground, and nobody will be wearing Burberry with a cap on walking around like some great big hard man with a group of 20 behind him, offering people out!

That's football for you!! Rugby boys and fans on the whole are harmless jokers, we do not impact the lives of others when a local derby is on!!

Football = idiots! end of!!!
[quote][p][bold]corpamassive[/bold] wrote: Most rugby followers think they are morally superior to folk who follow football. That is a fact Yes football has it's troubles you can not deny that but people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones. Go on any rugby tour ans see what the self proclaimed upstanding members of society get up to, but hey what goes on tour stays on tour right? Hypocrites. que Gareth. I[/p][/quote]Yes, Rugby tours are a bit of fun, we have a laugh and high jinks are part of it. However, if a group of opposition supporters, e.g. Cardiff Blues fans, walk in to the pub where all the Dragons fans are, they will be no problems, no one throwing bottles or chanting foul mouthed songs. There will be no Police dogs or Police escorts to and from the ground, and nobody will be wearing Burberry with a cap on walking around like some great big hard man with a group of 20 behind him, offering people out! That's football for you!! Rugby boys and fans on the whole are harmless jokers, we do not impact the lives of others when a local derby is on!! Football = idiots! end of!!! rhinestine
  • Score: 0

9:49am Wed 1 Aug 12

rhinestine says...

Nptsportsfan wrote:
Spot on corpamassive and have you noticed that Rhinestine hasn't answered the domestic abuse statistic that was independently supplied.

People in glass houses indeed.
What domestic abuse has to to with this is beyond me?

Domestic abuse is world wide, and there are no per-determinations as to why or what definitely causes it, it's usually down to the individual, namely cowards who like to pick on someone who can;t fight back.

Could be a Rugby fan, football fan, or even a Judge, so to stigmatise domestic abuse to all rugby supporters in redundant.

However, to say the majority of football fans are violent idiots, is justified and common knowledge.
[quote][p][bold]Nptsportsfan[/bold] wrote: Spot on corpamassive and have you noticed that Rhinestine hasn't answered the domestic abuse statistic that was independently supplied. People in glass houses indeed.[/p][/quote]What domestic abuse has to to with this is beyond me? Domestic abuse is world wide, and there are no per-determinations as to why or what definitely causes it, it's usually down to the individual, namely cowards who like to pick on someone who can;t fight back. Could be a Rugby fan, football fan, or even a Judge, so to stigmatise domestic abuse to all rugby supporters in redundant. However, to say the majority of football fans are violent idiots, is justified and common knowledge. rhinestine
  • Score: 0

10:00am Wed 1 Aug 12

adrian simmonds says...

rhinestine, this is getting out of hand. Yes, I accept - and the evidence is there - that football engender more trouble than rugby but it is a SMALL MINORITY. And at Conference level it barely exsts at all so for you t say that the " majority of football fans are violent idiots" gives away your agenda. You don't want County t RP even though the Rugby Boards have signed a deal. if you don't agree with it, start campaigning for new Boards at Dragons and RFC instead of constantly exaggerating the "violence" element in football.
rhinestine, this is getting out of hand. Yes, I accept - and the evidence is there - that football engender more trouble than rugby but it is a SMALL MINORITY. And at Conference level it barely exsts at all so for you t say that the " majority of football fans are violent idiots" gives away your agenda. You don't want County t RP even though the Rugby Boards have signed a deal. if you don't agree with it, start campaigning for new Boards at Dragons and RFC instead of constantly exaggerating the "violence" element in football. adrian simmonds
  • Score: 0

10:38am Wed 1 Aug 12

rhinestine says...

adrian simmonds wrote:
rhinestine, this is getting out of hand. Yes, I accept - and the evidence is there - that football engender more trouble than rugby but it is a SMALL MINORITY. And at Conference level it barely exsts at all so for you t say that the " majority of football fans are violent idiots" gives away your agenda. You don't want County t RP even though the Rugby Boards have signed a deal. if you don't agree with it, start campaigning for new Boards at Dragons and RFC instead of constantly exaggerating the "violence" element in football.
I am simply replying to the other posts, and from personal experience, football fans are aggressive and nasty. I accept, not all of them, as stated previously, but the majority are, and the minority are not.

Newport is full of yobs and football attracts them, lets wait and see if county play Cardiff again, but the last time they did, from what I can remember, they smashed up most of corporation road, and Weatherspoons in cambrian road.......... football fans...... end of.....
[quote][p][bold]adrian simmonds[/bold] wrote: rhinestine, this is getting out of hand. Yes, I accept - and the evidence is there - that football engender more trouble than rugby but it is a SMALL MINORITY. And at Conference level it barely exsts at all so for you t say that the " majority of football fans are violent idiots" gives away your agenda. You don't want County t RP even though the Rugby Boards have signed a deal. if you don't agree with it, start campaigning for new Boards at Dragons and RFC instead of constantly exaggerating the "violence" element in football.[/p][/quote]I am simply replying to the other posts, and from personal experience, football fans are aggressive and nasty. I accept, not all of them, as stated previously, but the majority are, and the minority are not. Newport is full of yobs and football attracts them, lets wait and see if county play Cardiff again, but the last time they did, from what I can remember, they smashed up most of corporation road, and Weatherspoons in cambrian road.......... football fans...... end of..... rhinestine
  • Score: 0

1:58pm Wed 1 Aug 12

Nptsportsfan says...

Rhinstine the domestic abuse fact is directly in relation to rugby internationals -fact domestic violence increases by 60% on these occasions and the majority of police leave is cancelled to deal with it, its just the rugby "we're whiter than white " brigrade choose to ignore it. As for the behaviour of rugby tours, if football fans behaved like this thery'd be classed as hooligans but because its rugby people turn a blind eye and say its high jinks-end of-if you're going to dish stick out than take it back especially when its the truth.
Rhinstine the domestic abuse fact is directly in relation to rugby internationals -fact domestic violence increases by 60% on these occasions and the majority of police leave is cancelled to deal with it, its just the rugby "we're whiter than white " brigrade choose to ignore it. As for the behaviour of rugby tours, if football fans behaved like this thery'd be classed as hooligans but because its rugby people turn a blind eye and say its high jinks-end of-if you're going to dish stick out than take it back especially when its the truth. Nptsportsfan
  • Score: 0

2:12pm Wed 1 Aug 12

rhinestine says...

Nptsportsfan wrote:
Rhinstine the domestic abuse fact is directly in relation to rugby internationals -fact domestic violence increases by 60% on these occasions and the majority of police leave is cancelled to deal with it, its just the rugby "we're whiter than white " brigrade choose to ignore it. As for the behaviour of rugby tours, if football fans behaved like this thery'd be classed as hooligans but because its rugby people turn a blind eye and say its high jinks-end of-if you're going to dish stick out than take it back especially when its the truth.
Your statistics may well be true, and I am not going to argue. But the point remains, it's nothing to do with the conduct of the Rugby fans at games or going to games, so your point is redundant.

Look, I know what football players and fans are like, why dont you dig up some statistics on what situation the general public would rather:

A - being out and about when a big football game in on - Swansea v Cardiff for example. Or

B - being out and about when Cardiff blues v The dragons.

Ask them!
[quote][p][bold]Nptsportsfan[/bold] wrote: Rhinstine the domestic abuse fact is directly in relation to rugby internationals -fact domestic violence increases by 60% on these occasions and the majority of police leave is cancelled to deal with it, its just the rugby "we're whiter than white " brigrade choose to ignore it. As for the behaviour of rugby tours, if football fans behaved like this thery'd be classed as hooligans but because its rugby people turn a blind eye and say its high jinks-end of-if you're going to dish stick out than take it back especially when its the truth.[/p][/quote]Your statistics may well be true, and I am not going to argue. But the point remains, it's nothing to do with the conduct of the Rugby fans at games or going to games, so your point is redundant. Look, I know what football players and fans are like, why dont you dig up some statistics on what situation the general public would rather: A - being out and about when a big football game in on - Swansea v Cardiff for example. Or B - being out and about when Cardiff blues v The dragons. Ask them! rhinestine
  • Score: 0

3:11pm Wed 1 Aug 12

Nptsportsfan says...

I'm not disputing that but you've let yourself down by saying the majority of football fans cause trouble, they don't. Another fact is the worse violence seen at the Millennium was the last Wales/England rugby international, I was told this by a steward and had it confirmed by a policeman at a county game of all places-why didn't this make the headlines. I went to Wales/France game a few years ago and it was the only time i'd seen a minutes silence cut short by the ref because of the drunken chants coming from the stands and the silence was for a wlesh players mother-5 months later a couple of hundred thousand football fans were impeccable in their respect for Nelson Mandela's grandaughter when every opening game of the world cup held a minutes silence.
I'm not disputing that but you've let yourself down by saying the majority of football fans cause trouble, they don't. Another fact is the worse violence seen at the Millennium was the last Wales/England rugby international, I was told this by a steward and had it confirmed by a policeman at a county game of all places-why didn't this make the headlines. I went to Wales/France game a few years ago and it was the only time i'd seen a minutes silence cut short by the ref because of the drunken chants coming from the stands and the silence was for a wlesh players mother-5 months later a couple of hundred thousand football fans were impeccable in their respect for Nelson Mandela's grandaughter when every opening game of the world cup held a minutes silence. Nptsportsfan
  • Score: 0

3:28pm Wed 1 Aug 12

rhinestine says...

Nptsportsfan wrote:
I'm not disputing that but you've let yourself down by saying the majority of football fans cause trouble, they don't. Another fact is the worse violence seen at the Millennium was the last Wales/England rugby international, I was told this by a steward and had it confirmed by a policeman at a county game of all places-why didn't this make the headlines. I went to Wales/France game a few years ago and it was the only time i'd seen a minutes silence cut short by the ref because of the drunken chants coming from the stands and the silence was for a wlesh players mother-5 months later a couple of hundred thousand football fans were impeccable in their respect for Nelson Mandela's grandaughter when every opening game of the world cup held a minutes silence.
I see your point, and I can agree, Wales v France, certain elements of the crowed were not respectful to Bradly's Mum.

As for the fight at the England v Wales match, as you say, not reported on, so can't comment.

But the point remains, in my view, and from experience of football fans, I think the Majority of the fans are nasty and vile, but there is minority that are well behaved.

I can only comment from my own point of view and the dealings I have had with football fans.

Perhaps I should come to a county game and see for myself, I know enough supporters...
[quote][p][bold]Nptsportsfan[/bold] wrote: I'm not disputing that but you've let yourself down by saying the majority of football fans cause trouble, they don't. Another fact is the worse violence seen at the Millennium was the last Wales/England rugby international, I was told this by a steward and had it confirmed by a policeman at a county game of all places-why didn't this make the headlines. I went to Wales/France game a few years ago and it was the only time i'd seen a minutes silence cut short by the ref because of the drunken chants coming from the stands and the silence was for a wlesh players mother-5 months later a couple of hundred thousand football fans were impeccable in their respect for Nelson Mandela's grandaughter when every opening game of the world cup held a minutes silence.[/p][/quote]I see your point, and I can agree, Wales v France, certain elements of the crowed were not respectful to Bradly's Mum. As for the fight at the England v Wales match, as you say, not reported on, so can't comment. But the point remains, in my view, and from experience of football fans, I think the Majority of the fans are nasty and vile, but there is minority that are well behaved. I can only comment from my own point of view and the dealings I have had with football fans. Perhaps I should come to a county game and see for myself, I know enough supporters... rhinestine
  • Score: 0

4:06pm Wed 1 Aug 12

Nptsportsfan says...

You'd be more than welcome to come along and see for yourself. You know I disagree with your majority of football fans are troublemakers view but thats up to you.

Good luck to all three teams that represent our city for the coming season.
You'd be more than welcome to come along and see for yourself. You know I disagree with your majority of football fans are troublemakers view but thats up to you. Good luck to all three teams that represent our city for the coming season. Nptsportsfan
  • Score: 0

4:26pm Wed 1 Aug 12

rhinestine says...

Nptsportsfan wrote:
You'd be more than welcome to come along and see for yourself. You know I disagree with your majority of football fans are troublemakers view but thats up to you.

Good luck to all three teams that represent our city for the coming season.
Thank you, I will come and take a look. Yes, best of luck to all the teams that are from the port!

I hope they all do well.
[quote][p][bold]Nptsportsfan[/bold] wrote: You'd be more than welcome to come along and see for yourself. You know I disagree with your majority of football fans are troublemakers view but thats up to you. Good luck to all three teams that represent our city for the coming season.[/p][/quote]Thank you, I will come and take a look. Yes, best of luck to all the teams that are from the port! I hope they all do well. rhinestine
  • Score: 0

4:56pm Wed 1 Aug 12

b3talover says...

County wrote:
"Pot Kettle?"

Getting defensive because you're a Dragons fan I take it? This move works for all of us, we're not the ones complaining. We've been held back by our ground but have still made massive strides in the last five years with a title win, cup win and trip to Wembley. Dragons are stuck in a cycle of getting the worst crowds of the Welsh regions and failing to reach the Heiniken Cup, thereby further restricting income, so unless they brought in some outside money it would remain that way for the forseeable.
Not at all. Just alluding to that fact that County were nearly relegated to the Blue Square South last season and were playing horrible long ball football on an awful pitch. When County start playing in Europe again and have crowds that are around 5,000 then your arguments will start to make sense. Until then, suggesting that the Dragons are unsuccessful when the County are in a far worse position, is frankly laughable. The Dragons may well be unsuccessful, but the County aren't exactly Man Utd, are they?
[quote][p][bold]County[/bold] wrote: "Pot Kettle?" Getting defensive because you're a Dragons fan I take it? This move works for all of us, we're not the ones complaining. We've been held back by our ground but have still made massive strides in the last five years with a title win, cup win and trip to Wembley. Dragons are stuck in a cycle of getting the worst crowds of the Welsh regions and failing to reach the Heiniken Cup, thereby further restricting income, so unless they brought in some outside money it would remain that way for the forseeable.[/p][/quote]Not at all. Just alluding to that fact that County were nearly relegated to the Blue Square South last season and were playing horrible long ball football on an awful pitch. When County start playing in Europe again and have crowds that are around 5,000 then your arguments will start to make sense. Until then, suggesting that the Dragons are unsuccessful when the County are in a far worse position, is frankly laughable. The Dragons may well be unsuccessful, but the County aren't exactly Man Utd, are they? b3talover
  • Score: 0

5:01pm Wed 1 Aug 12

corpamassive says...

rhinestine wrote:
corpamassive wrote: Most rugby followers think they are morally superior to folk who follow football. That is a fact Yes football has it's troubles you can not deny that but people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones. Go on any rugby tour ans see what the self proclaimed upstanding members of society get up to, but hey what goes on tour stays on tour right? Hypocrites. que Gareth. I
Yes, Rugby tours are a bit of fun, we have a laugh and high jinks are part of it. However, if a group of opposition supporters, e.g. Cardiff Blues fans, walk in to the pub where all the Dragons fans are, they will be no problems, no one throwing bottles or chanting foul mouthed songs. There will be no Police dogs or Police escorts to and from the ground, and nobody will be wearing Burberry with a cap on walking around like some great big hard man with a group of 20 behind him, offering people out! That's football for you!! Rugby boys and fans on the whole are harmless jokers, we do not impact the lives of others when a local derby is on!! Football = idiots! end of!!!
gouging,biting,stamp
ing,throwing sneaky punches,
its ok we shake hands and have a drink together afterwards so its ok.

driving a golf buggy down the motorway,abusing crew and passengers when drunk on a plane,

Its only high jinks and we all kiss and make up.....until the next time.

when I'm out in a pub I consider a group of drunk fat men in rugby tops singing boring songs an impact on others lifes,but its ok its rugby and it must be tolerated because we are morally better than everyone else.

You got Blinkers on Blad.
[quote][p][bold]rhinestine[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]corpamassive[/bold] wrote: Most rugby followers think they are morally superior to folk who follow football. That is a fact Yes football has it's troubles you can not deny that but people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones. Go on any rugby tour ans see what the self proclaimed upstanding members of society get up to, but hey what goes on tour stays on tour right? Hypocrites. que Gareth. I[/p][/quote]Yes, Rugby tours are a bit of fun, we have a laugh and high jinks are part of it. However, if a group of opposition supporters, e.g. Cardiff Blues fans, walk in to the pub where all the Dragons fans are, they will be no problems, no one throwing bottles or chanting foul mouthed songs. There will be no Police dogs or Police escorts to and from the ground, and nobody will be wearing Burberry with a cap on walking around like some great big hard man with a group of 20 behind him, offering people out! That's football for you!! Rugby boys and fans on the whole are harmless jokers, we do not impact the lives of others when a local derby is on!! Football = idiots! end of!!![/p][/quote]gouging,biting,stamp ing,throwing sneaky punches, its ok we shake hands and have a drink together afterwards so its ok. driving a golf buggy down the motorway,abusing crew and passengers when drunk on a plane, Its only high jinks and we all kiss and make up.....until the next time. when I'm out in a pub I consider a group of drunk fat men in rugby tops singing boring songs an impact on others lifes,but its ok its rugby and it must be tolerated because we are morally better than everyone else. You got Blinkers on Blad. corpamassive
  • Score: 0

6:15pm Wed 1 Aug 12

Matty639 says...

Why do you persist in your unrelenting anti football drivel Rhinestine. I'm amazed you can find more than one page to post this stuff as your so blinked you must struggle to see anything that doesn't fit your ill informed viewpoint.
Why do you persist in your unrelenting anti football drivel Rhinestine. I'm amazed you can find more than one page to post this stuff as your so blinked you must struggle to see anything that doesn't fit your ill informed viewpoint. Matty639
  • Score: 0

8:11pm Wed 1 Aug 12

rhinestine says...

corpamassive wrote:
rhinestine wrote:
corpamassive wrote: Most rugby followers think they are morally superior to folk who follow football. That is a fact Yes football has it's troubles you can not deny that but people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones. Go on any rugby tour ans see what the self proclaimed upstanding members of society get up to, but hey what goes on tour stays on tour right? Hypocrites. que Gareth. I
Yes, Rugby tours are a bit of fun, we have a laugh and high jinks are part of it. However, if a group of opposition supporters, e.g. Cardiff Blues fans, walk in to the pub where all the Dragons fans are, they will be no problems, no one throwing bottles or chanting foul mouthed songs. There will be no Police dogs or Police escorts to and from the ground, and nobody will be wearing Burberry with a cap on walking around like some great big hard man with a group of 20 behind him, offering people out! That's football for you!! Rugby boys and fans on the whole are harmless jokers, we do not impact the lives of others when a local derby is on!! Football = idiots! end of!!!
gouging,biting,stamp

ing,throwing sneaky punches,
its ok we shake hands and have a drink together afterwards so its ok.

driving a golf buggy down the motorway,abusing crew and passengers when drunk on a plane,

Its only high jinks and we all kiss and make up.....until the next time.

when I'm out in a pub I consider a group of drunk fat men in rugby tops singing boring songs an impact on others lifes,but its ok its rugby and it must be tolerated because we are morally better than everyone else.

You got Blinkers on Blad.
Yes, it's a tough sport, we go toe to toe sometimes and only go down when we are genuinely injured, unlike football.

Yea, the golf buggy was funny, he paid the price and got on with it.

As for fat blokes singing songs in a pub, they are rugby songs, not aimed at anyone in as to abuse or provoke, just pleasant and harmless.

Unlike football fans, we don't chant about players wives, or bereavements, some of the things football fans chant are disgusting.

I note your user name, corpa.... Says it all really, bet you got tattoos, earrings, and walk with a limp, and hard as nails no doubt.
[quote][p][bold]corpamassive[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rhinestine[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]corpamassive[/bold] wrote: Most rugby followers think they are morally superior to folk who follow football. That is a fact Yes football has it's troubles you can not deny that but people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones. Go on any rugby tour ans see what the self proclaimed upstanding members of society get up to, but hey what goes on tour stays on tour right? Hypocrites. que Gareth. I[/p][/quote]Yes, Rugby tours are a bit of fun, we have a laugh and high jinks are part of it. However, if a group of opposition supporters, e.g. Cardiff Blues fans, walk in to the pub where all the Dragons fans are, they will be no problems, no one throwing bottles or chanting foul mouthed songs. There will be no Police dogs or Police escorts to and from the ground, and nobody will be wearing Burberry with a cap on walking around like some great big hard man with a group of 20 behind him, offering people out! That's football for you!! Rugby boys and fans on the whole are harmless jokers, we do not impact the lives of others when a local derby is on!! Football = idiots! end of!!![/p][/quote]gouging,biting,stamp ing,throwing sneaky punches, its ok we shake hands and have a drink together afterwards so its ok. driving a golf buggy down the motorway,abusing crew and passengers when drunk on a plane, Its only high jinks and we all kiss and make up.....until the next time. when I'm out in a pub I consider a group of drunk fat men in rugby tops singing boring songs an impact on others lifes,but its ok its rugby and it must be tolerated because we are morally better than everyone else. You got Blinkers on Blad.[/p][/quote]Yes, it's a tough sport, we go toe to toe sometimes and only go down when we are genuinely injured, unlike football. Yea, the golf buggy was funny, he paid the price and got on with it. As for fat blokes singing songs in a pub, they are rugby songs, not aimed at anyone in as to abuse or provoke, just pleasant and harmless. Unlike football fans, we don't chant about players wives, or bereavements, some of the things football fans chant are disgusting. I note your user name, corpa.... Says it all really, bet you got tattoos, earrings, and walk with a limp, and hard as nails no doubt. rhinestine
  • Score: 0

8:16pm Wed 1 Aug 12

rhinestine says...

Matty639 wrote:
Why do you persist in your unrelenting anti football drivel Rhinestine. I'm amazed you can find more than one page to post this stuff as your so blinked you must struggle to see anything that doesn't fit your ill informed viewpoint.
@matty, it's just my point of view, I have been around football fans whilst waiting for a train once and they were all vile. I have also had the displeasure of having to work in the environment when football is being played and it's not pretty.

I'm sure you have a view on things based on your experiences to.

Like I said, I don't like football, the problems it causes and the fact it's being played on a rugby ground steeped in rugby tradition.
[quote][p][bold]Matty639[/bold] wrote: Why do you persist in your unrelenting anti football drivel Rhinestine. I'm amazed you can find more than one page to post this stuff as your so blinked you must struggle to see anything that doesn't fit your ill informed viewpoint.[/p][/quote]@matty, it's just my point of view, I have been around football fans whilst waiting for a train once and they were all vile. I have also had the displeasure of having to work in the environment when football is being played and it's not pretty. I'm sure you have a view on things based on your experiences to. Like I said, I don't like football, the problems it causes and the fact it's being played on a rugby ground steeped in rugby tradition. rhinestine
  • Score: 0

8:40pm Wed 1 Aug 12

bluebanana says...

rhinestine wrote:
corpamassive wrote:
Most rugby followers think they are morally superior to folk who follow football.

That is a fact

Yes football has it's troubles you can not deny that but people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones.
Go on any rugby tour ans see what the self proclaimed upstanding members of society get up to,
but hey what goes on tour stays on tour right?

Hypocrites.

que Gareth.

I
Yes, Rugby tours are a bit of fun, we have a laugh and high jinks are part of it.

However, if a group of opposition supporters, e.g. Cardiff Blues fans, walk in to the pub where all the Dragons fans are, they will be no problems, no one throwing bottles or chanting foul mouthed songs.

There will be no Police dogs or Police escorts to and from the ground, and nobody will be wearing Burberry with a cap on walking around like some great big hard man with a group of 20 behind him, offering people out!

That's football for you!! Rugby boys and fans on the whole are harmless jokers, we do not impact the lives of others when a local derby is on!!

Football = idiots! end of!!!
Well said. I agree.
[quote][p][bold]rhinestine[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]corpamassive[/bold] wrote: Most rugby followers think they are morally superior to folk who follow football. That is a fact Yes football has it's troubles you can not deny that but people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones. Go on any rugby tour ans see what the self proclaimed upstanding members of society get up to, but hey what goes on tour stays on tour right? Hypocrites. que Gareth. I[/p][/quote]Yes, Rugby tours are a bit of fun, we have a laugh and high jinks are part of it. However, if a group of opposition supporters, e.g. Cardiff Blues fans, walk in to the pub where all the Dragons fans are, they will be no problems, no one throwing bottles or chanting foul mouthed songs. There will be no Police dogs or Police escorts to and from the ground, and nobody will be wearing Burberry with a cap on walking around like some great big hard man with a group of 20 behind him, offering people out! That's football for you!! Rugby boys and fans on the whole are harmless jokers, we do not impact the lives of others when a local derby is on!! Football = idiots! end of!!![/p][/quote]Well said. I agree. bluebanana
  • Score: 0

9:03pm Wed 1 Aug 12

corpamassive says...

rhinestine wrote:
corpamassive wrote:
rhinestine wrote:
corpamassive wrote: Most rugby followers think they are morally superior to folk who follow football. That is a fact Yes football has it's troubles you can not deny that but people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones. Go on any rugby tour ans see what the self proclaimed upstanding members of society get up to, but hey what goes on tour stays on tour right? Hypocrites. que Gareth. I
Yes, Rugby tours are a bit of fun, we have a laugh and high jinks are part of it. However, if a group of opposition supporters, e.g. Cardiff Blues fans, walk in to the pub where all the Dragons fans are, they will be no problems, no one throwing bottles or chanting foul mouthed songs. There will be no Police dogs or Police escorts to and from the ground, and nobody will be wearing Burberry with a cap on walking around like some great big hard man with a group of 20 behind him, offering people out! That's football for you!! Rugby boys and fans on the whole are harmless jokers, we do not impact the lives of others when a local derby is on!! Football = idiots! end of!!!
gouging,biting,stamp ing,throwing sneaky punches, its ok we shake hands and have a drink together afterwards so its ok. driving a golf buggy down the motorway,abusing crew and passengers when drunk on a plane, Its only high jinks and we all kiss and make up.....until the next time. when I'm out in a pub I consider a group of drunk fat men in rugby tops singing boring songs an impact on others lifes,but its ok its rugby and it must be tolerated because we are morally better than everyone else. You got Blinkers on Blad.
Yes, it's a tough sport, we go toe to toe sometimes and only go down when we are genuinely injured, unlike football. Yea, the golf buggy was funny, he paid the price and got on with it. As for fat blokes singing songs in a pub, they are rugby songs, not aimed at anyone in as to abuse or provoke, just pleasant and harmless. Unlike football fans, we don't chant about players wives, or bereavements, some of the things football fans chant are disgusting. I note your user name, corpa.... Says it all really, bet you got tattoos, earrings, and walk with a limp, and hard as nails no doubt.
so are you saying that its acceptable to inflict violence on the opposition?

It seems you could be somewhat of a bigot rhinestone,

You would be very surprised at who and what I am.


Tattoos yes,jewelry no, limp no, Corpa boy yes,also Pill,Ringland,Bettws
,Gaer,Alway,Christch
urch,Maindee,Ridgewa
y,Beechwood,Bell Vue,
Take your pick my friend.
[quote][p][bold]rhinestine[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]corpamassive[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rhinestine[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]corpamassive[/bold] wrote: Most rugby followers think they are morally superior to folk who follow football. That is a fact Yes football has it's troubles you can not deny that but people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones. Go on any rugby tour ans see what the self proclaimed upstanding members of society get up to, but hey what goes on tour stays on tour right? Hypocrites. que Gareth. I[/p][/quote]Yes, Rugby tours are a bit of fun, we have a laugh and high jinks are part of it. However, if a group of opposition supporters, e.g. Cardiff Blues fans, walk in to the pub where all the Dragons fans are, they will be no problems, no one throwing bottles or chanting foul mouthed songs. There will be no Police dogs or Police escorts to and from the ground, and nobody will be wearing Burberry with a cap on walking around like some great big hard man with a group of 20 behind him, offering people out! That's football for you!! Rugby boys and fans on the whole are harmless jokers, we do not impact the lives of others when a local derby is on!! Football = idiots! end of!!![/p][/quote]gouging,biting,stamp ing,throwing sneaky punches, its ok we shake hands and have a drink together afterwards so its ok. driving a golf buggy down the motorway,abusing crew and passengers when drunk on a plane, Its only high jinks and we all kiss and make up.....until the next time. when I'm out in a pub I consider a group of drunk fat men in rugby tops singing boring songs an impact on others lifes,but its ok its rugby and it must be tolerated because we are morally better than everyone else. You got Blinkers on Blad.[/p][/quote]Yes, it's a tough sport, we go toe to toe sometimes and only go down when we are genuinely injured, unlike football. Yea, the golf buggy was funny, he paid the price and got on with it. As for fat blokes singing songs in a pub, they are rugby songs, not aimed at anyone in as to abuse or provoke, just pleasant and harmless. Unlike football fans, we don't chant about players wives, or bereavements, some of the things football fans chant are disgusting. I note your user name, corpa.... Says it all really, bet you got tattoos, earrings, and walk with a limp, and hard as nails no doubt.[/p][/quote]so are you saying that its acceptable to inflict violence on the opposition? It seems you could be somewhat of a bigot rhinestone, You would be very surprised at who and what I am. Tattoos yes,jewelry no, limp no, Corpa boy yes,also Pill,Ringland,Bettws ,Gaer,Alway,Christch urch,Maindee,Ridgewa y,Beechwood,Bell Vue, Take your pick my friend. corpamassive
  • Score: 0

9:54pm Wed 1 Aug 12

COUNTYVOICE says...

why is everyone giving rhinestine the fuel he needs to keep this long and winding conversation going?

the fact is the people with power have agreed a deal to share rodney parade that benefits all .

if anyone doesnt like it dont go .

ITS A NEW STADIUM, NEW TEAM , A NEW ERA, STOP WHINGEING AND GET BEHIND ALL THREE TEAMS.


END OF :-)
why is everyone giving rhinestine the fuel he needs to keep this long and winding conversation going? the fact is the people with power have agreed a deal to share rodney parade that benefits all . if anyone doesnt like it dont go . ITS A NEW STADIUM, NEW TEAM , A NEW ERA, STOP WHINGEING AND GET BEHIND ALL THREE TEAMS. END OF :-) COUNTYVOICE
  • Score: 0

10:10pm Wed 1 Aug 12

rhinestine says...

corpamassive wrote:
rhinestine wrote:
corpamassive wrote:
rhinestine wrote:
corpamassive wrote: Most rugby followers think they are morally superior to folk who follow football. That is a fact Yes football has it's troubles you can not deny that but people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones. Go on any rugby tour ans see what the self proclaimed upstanding members of society get up to, but hey what goes on tour stays on tour right? Hypocrites. que Gareth. I
Yes, Rugby tours are a bit of fun, we have a laugh and high jinks are part of it. However, if a group of opposition supporters, e.g. Cardiff Blues fans, walk in to the pub where all the Dragons fans are, they will be no problems, no one throwing bottles or chanting foul mouthed songs. There will be no Police dogs or Police escorts to and from the ground, and nobody will be wearing Burberry with a cap on walking around like some great big hard man with a group of 20 behind him, offering people out! That's football for you!! Rugby boys and fans on the whole are harmless jokers, we do not impact the lives of others when a local derby is on!! Football = idiots! end of!!!
gouging,biting,stamp ing,throwing sneaky punches, its ok we shake hands and have a drink together afterwards so its ok. driving a golf buggy down the motorway,abusing crew and passengers when drunk on a plane, Its only high jinks and we all kiss and make up.....until the next time. when I'm out in a pub I consider a group of drunk fat men in rugby tops singing boring songs an impact on others lifes,but its ok its rugby and it must be tolerated because we are morally better than everyone else. You got Blinkers on Blad.
Yes, it's a tough sport, we go toe to toe sometimes and only go down when we are genuinely injured, unlike football. Yea, the golf buggy was funny, he paid the price and got on with it. As for fat blokes singing songs in a pub, they are rugby songs, not aimed at anyone in as to abuse or provoke, just pleasant and harmless. Unlike football fans, we don't chant about players wives, or bereavements, some of the things football fans chant are disgusting. I note your user name, corpa.... Says it all really, bet you got tattoos, earrings, and walk with a limp, and hard as nails no doubt.
so are you saying that its acceptable to inflict violence on the opposition?

It seems you could be somewhat of a bigot rhinestone,

You would be very surprised at who and what I am.


Tattoos yes,jewelry no, limp no, Corpa boy yes,also Pill,Ringland,Bettws

,Gaer,Alway,Christch

urch,Maindee,Ridgewa

y,Beechwood,Bell Vue,
Take your pick my friend.
I am genuinely intrigued "corpa massive" please reveal yourself, I won't sleep otherwise!

I was not far off the mark with my assumption of you was I, "blad"

Your self proclamance at being know geographically truly says something about you in that you don't quite have the intellect or relevant argument to carry on with this subject.

So let's leave it there, shall we? Unless you want to reveal your star status of corse.....

And yes, it is acceptable for the odd dust up on the field of play, as long as its not a cheap shot, it's part of the game sometimes, heat of the moment stuff.
[quote][p][bold]corpamassive[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rhinestine[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]corpamassive[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rhinestine[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]corpamassive[/bold] wrote: Most rugby followers think they are morally superior to folk who follow football. That is a fact Yes football has it's troubles you can not deny that but people in glass house's shouldnt throw stones. Go on any rugby tour ans see what the self proclaimed upstanding members of society get up to, but hey what goes on tour stays on tour right? Hypocrites. que Gareth. I[/p][/quote]Yes, Rugby tours are a bit of fun, we have a laugh and high jinks are part of it. However, if a group of opposition supporters, e.g. Cardiff Blues fans, walk in to the pub where all the Dragons fans are, they will be no problems, no one throwing bottles or chanting foul mouthed songs. There will be no Police dogs or Police escorts to and from the ground, and nobody will be wearing Burberry with a cap on walking around like some great big hard man with a group of 20 behind him, offering people out! That's football for you!! Rugby boys and fans on the whole are harmless jokers, we do not impact the lives of others when a local derby is on!! Football = idiots! end of!!![/p][/quote]gouging,biting,stamp ing,throwing sneaky punches, its ok we shake hands and have a drink together afterwards so its ok. driving a golf buggy down the motorway,abusing crew and passengers when drunk on a plane, Its only high jinks and we all kiss and make up.....until the next time. when I'm out in a pub I consider a group of drunk fat men in rugby tops singing boring songs an impact on others lifes,but its ok its rugby and it must be tolerated because we are morally better than everyone else. You got Blinkers on Blad.[/p][/quote]Yes, it's a tough sport, we go toe to toe sometimes and only go down when we are genuinely injured, unlike football. Yea, the golf buggy was funny, he paid the price and got on with it. As for fat blokes singing songs in a pub, they are rugby songs, not aimed at anyone in as to abuse or provoke, just pleasant and harmless. Unlike football fans, we don't chant about players wives, or bereavements, some of the things football fans chant are disgusting. I note your user name, corpa.... Says it all really, bet you got tattoos, earrings, and walk with a limp, and hard as nails no doubt.[/p][/quote]so are you saying that its acceptable to inflict violence on the opposition? It seems you could be somewhat of a bigot rhinestone, You would be very surprised at who and what I am. Tattoos yes,jewelry no, limp no, Corpa boy yes,also Pill,Ringland,Bettws ,Gaer,Alway,Christch urch,Maindee,Ridgewa y,Beechwood,Bell Vue, Take your pick my friend.[/p][/quote]I am genuinely intrigued "corpa massive" please reveal yourself, I won't sleep otherwise! I was not far off the mark with my assumption of you was I, "blad" Your self proclamance at being know geographically truly says something about you in that you don't quite have the intellect or relevant argument to carry on with this subject. So let's leave it there, shall we? Unless you want to reveal your star status of corse..... And yes, it is acceptable for the odd dust up on the field of play, as long as its not a cheap shot, it's part of the game sometimes, heat of the moment stuff. rhinestine
  • Score: 0

10:12pm Wed 1 Aug 12

rhinestine says...

COUNTYVOICE wrote:
why is everyone giving rhinestine the fuel he needs to keep this long and winding conversation going?

the fact is the people with power have agreed a deal to share rodney parade that benefits all .

if anyone doesnt like it dont go .

ITS A NEW STADIUM, NEW TEAM , A NEW ERA, STOP WHINGEING AND GET BEHIND ALL THREE TEAMS.


END OF :-)
I agree, just agree with me, end of! :)
[quote][p][bold]COUNTYVOICE[/bold] wrote: why is everyone giving rhinestine the fuel he needs to keep this long and winding conversation going? the fact is the people with power have agreed a deal to share rodney parade that benefits all . if anyone doesnt like it dont go . ITS A NEW STADIUM, NEW TEAM , A NEW ERA, STOP WHINGEING AND GET BEHIND ALL THREE TEAMS. END OF :-)[/p][/quote]I agree, just agree with me, end of! :) rhinestine
  • Score: 0

1:56am Thu 2 Aug 12

COUNTYVOICE says...

i agree to disagree rhinestine.

to make sweeping statements like you v made in this opinion's column is a bit blinkered

and i do wonder if you are making these statements just as a wind up, to see who will bite.

fact :-) and end of :-)
i agree to disagree rhinestine. to make sweeping statements like you v made in this opinion's column is a bit blinkered and i do wonder if you are making these statements just as a wind up, to see who will bite. fact :-) and end of :-) COUNTYVOICE
  • Score: 0

7:28am Thu 2 Aug 12

rhinestine says...

COUNTYVOICE wrote:
i agree to disagree rhinestine.

to make sweeping statements like you v made in this opinion's column is a bit blinkered

and i do wonder if you are making these statements just as a wind up, to see who will bite.

fact :-) and end of :-)
:) :) you knows it, blad.....lol.... ;)
[quote][p][bold]COUNTYVOICE[/bold] wrote: i agree to disagree rhinestine. to make sweeping statements like you v made in this opinion's column is a bit blinkered and i do wonder if you are making these statements just as a wind up, to see who will bite. fact :-) and end of :-)[/p][/quote]:) :) you knows it, blad.....lol.... ;) rhinestine
  • Score: 0

3:51pm Fri 3 Aug 12

Nptsportsfan says...

I played football and was told by my "intelligent" rugby playing mates(I was also a decent rugby player in school) that football was a fairies game-don't you just love the irony of that.
I played football and was told by my "intelligent" rugby playing mates(I was also a decent rugby player in school) that football was a fairies game-don't you just love the irony of that. Nptsportsfan
  • Score: 0

7:53pm Sat 4 Aug 12

chris227 says...

I wonder where this guy lives now dont tell me he lives in the run down hovel
I wonder where this guy lives now dont tell me he lives in the run down hovel chris227
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree