Thousands come out for carnival's return to Maindee
12.39pm Monday 5th July 2010
THE streets of Newport were awash with colour at the weekend as 6,500 people poured onto the streets to celebrate the annual Maindee Festival.
- Caravan owners queue at site of blaze
- Fire and explosions in Cwmbran
- Lammergeier sighting in Gwent.
- 'Disruptive' Network Rail works in Abercarn
- Gwent soldiers end tour with a bang
- Around the track with Rory Collingbourne
- Can you help pupils find owner of tin of wartime treasures found in a railway shed?
- Man knocked out
- Record runners at Gwent Wildlife Trust fundraising races
- Bridge Street closes for Newport rail works
- Trudy Jones memorial bike ride
- Cardiff Road re-opens after bridge works
- Gilwern reburial service
- Fire on the Gaer this afternoon
- Hundreds of bikers at Pontypool funeral
- Crash on Cardiff Road outside Royal Gwent Hospital
- Bus crash on Cardiff Road, Newport