A DANGEROUS child sex offender freed by the Court of Appeal was back behind bars yesterday - jailed for breaching a sexual offences order for a second time.

David Filor, 32, of no fixed abode, was described as "a very dangerous man" by Judge Stephen Hopkins QC when he appeared at Cardiff Crown Court after pleading guilty to the offence which was committed in January this year.

This was after Filor had talked to a teenage girl under 16 while volunteering in Newport and tried to invite her to visit a Swansea record shop with him.

Sentencing him to two years and four months imprisonment, Judge Hopkins QC told Filor: "I consider you to be a very dangerous man. I consider a real risk of you committing further specified offences causing significant risk of serious harm to the public in particular pre-pubescent girls."

Describing it as a "very worrying case", he added that he needed to pass a sentence which was punishment for Filor but also protected the public for as long as possible.

Filor had been released from custody on appeal in November last year after serving a sentence for his first breach of the order which was committed just the day after the order was imposed.

But the court heard in January this year Filor had volunteered at a premises in Newport until staff discovered his background when he was told he couldn’t work there.

Prosecutor Ieuan Bennett said this led to Filor volunteering at another place where he began to talk to a teenage girl.

This was in breach of the order.

The first breach of the order made by Filor was on April 4, 2012, the day after the order was imposed after he was released from custody by the Court of Appeal. We revealed that Filor had been caught loitering outside Newport Centre before entering into the reception and looking through a window at children in the swimming pool.

This led to him being sentenced in August 2012 to two and a half years imprisonment for breaching the order. The Court of Appeal reduced this sentence to eight months and he was out of custody within days.

Filor had first been jailed back on January 31, 2011, for 17 counts of possessing or making indecent images of children and two counts of possessing extreme pornography.

He received an indeterminate sentence with a notional minimum term of two years' imprisonment.

But following appeal, the sentence was reduced to 18 months' imprisonment and the sexual offences order was imposed on April 3 last year when Filor was released from prison.

Representing Filor, Andrew Jones said Filor had told him: "I’ve been an idiot" and said it was time to take some responsibility.

The sexual offences prevention order will continue and Filor was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £120.