UPDATE: 4.26pm

A South Wales Fire and Rescue Service spokesman told the Argus that a man suffered minor facial injuries after the e-cigarette exploded. 

The e-cigarette was not in use or being charged when it caused the injuries. 

No paramedics attended but the man was advised to seek medical treatment.

Firefighters left the property on Argosy Way at 9.58pm. 



A PERSON had to be treated for minor burns after an e-cigarette exploded in a house in Maindee last night.

Firefighters from Maindee were called to the fire on Argosy Way at 9.41pm.