A DRUG dealer already behind bars for peddling cocaine and cannabis will spend more time in jail after admitting fresh offences.

Harry Cook, from Newport, appeared via video link from Parc Prison before Cardiff Crown Court to plead guilty to new charges.

Prosecutor John Lloyd said the 22-year-old had been riding a motorbike through the city’s Old Barn Estate when he was stopped by police.

He said the defendant was carrying three wraps of cocaine, 21 bags of cannabis weighing 23.5 grams with an estimated value of £10 each, a significant amount of cash and two mobile phones.

Cook, formerly of Cumberland Road, admitted possessing cocaine and possessing cannabis with intent to supply on October 25, 2017.

After being bailed, Mr Lloyd said: “He was arrested again three days later after police executed a search warrant at a commercial unit where he was running a business with his brother, a garage for motor vehicles.

“The police recovered a significant quantity of cocaine and he was charged with that matter before he was charged with this.

“On December 20, 2017, after pleading guilty, he was sentenced to 40 months in prison.”

The Argus reported on that case in which Cook’s brother Nico was also jailed after the raid in Crawford Street.

Both pleaded guilty to possession and intent to supply cannabis and cocaine on October 28, 2017, and the prosecution estimated the value of the drugs to have been £35,000 “at the top end”.

Telephones and electronic devices were also seized by the police and the total drugs haul included 22 bags of cocaine with 81 per cent purity and 1,103 bags of cannabis.

The court heard that both men had previous convictions for drugs offences and that a Proceeds of Crime hearing would take place in due course.

The pair were each sentenced to three years and four months in prison.

Gareth Williams, mitigating for the latest offences dating from October 25, said he could not argue with Judge Jeremy Jenkins’ intention to sentence Cook to another six months in jail so that he would serve a total of 46 months.

The judge ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drugs seized on October 25.

The court heard that a Proceeds of Crime hearing would take place on July 6.