A GUNMAN pointed a rifle at his transgender victim’s head and threatened to gouge out his eyes out after taping knives to his hands.

Ieuan Woodyatt, aged 20, of Hillside Avenue, Blaenavon, was jailed after Cardiff Crown Court heard he terrified the man during a five-hour real life Halloween nightmare.

He admitted possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence on October 31, 2017 at the victim’s flat after threatening him with a rifle.

Prosecutor Meirion Davies said the defendant, his girlfriend Eve Williams and the victim had been happily taking drugs and drinking alcohol before he snapped.

Woodyatt accused the complainant of flirting with his partner and began to threaten him after making him sit in a chair.

Mr Davies said the defendant went to the kitchen and returned to the lounge with a knife in each hand.

He told the court: “Woodyatt said he was going to cut his ears off. He then found gaffer tape and taped the knives to his palms and began swinging his arms towards the complainant.”

Mr Davies added: “The defendant then discovered an air rifle belonging to the victim and held it to his head and face and threatened to kill him.

“The air rifle was loaded with a pellet. He threatened to kill him and gouge his eyes out. He told him, ‘I’m going to kill you, I’m going to slash you.’”

Mr Davies said he looked at the complainant’s mobile phone where he found “transgender reassignment” images and accused him of being a paedophile.

The court heard how Woodyatt and his girlfriend left the flat early in the morning following a physical struggle after the complainant was tormented for five hours.

Mr Davies said the defendant was already serving a custodial sentence for drugs offences.

Marian Lewis, mitigating, said: “The air rifle didn’t belong to the defendant – he didn’t take it with him.

“All three were consuming illicit drugs and alcohol that night and they fuelled the situation.

“A good deal of substances were taken and he has no recollection of what transpired. He had a serious drug addiction.”

She added: “He is struggling with being in prison to the extent he is self-harming. His best mitigation is his guilty plea and his expression of regret and remorse.”

The Recorder of Cardiff, Judge Eleri Rees told Woodyatt: “For five hours you threatened him – it must have been terrifying.

“He wasn’t injured, which is something to be thankful for.”

The defendant was sent to a young offender institution for two years.