THE opening of the inquest in to the death of 13-year-old Carson Price heard that there is "no suspected third party involvement" in his death.

Carson died after being found unconscious in a park in Ystrad Mynach on April 12.

An inquest into Carson's death was opened today at Newport Crown Court.

It heard how the teenager was found "pale and shaking" and "slipping in and out of consciousness" in Ystrad Mynach Park.

Carson was taken to hospital, but despite their best efforts staff were unable to save him.

It was heard a post mortem carried out by Dr Steven Leadbeater that Carson had “consumed illegal drugs” leading up to his death.

Blood samples have been returned for testing and an official cause of death is pending, it was added.

Addressing the inquest, coroner’s officer Geoffrey Ronayne said: “During the early evening of Friday, April 12, 2019, emergency services responded to a call of a male youth who had passed out in a park in Ystrad Mynach.

“On their arrival he was in and out of consciousness, pale and shaking.

“He was immediately conveyed by ambulance to the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff.

“His condition rapidly deteriorated and despite medical intervention and life saving procedures, he passed away later that evening.”

A 14-year-old boy was arrested in the Blackwood area on Thursday, April 18 on suspicion of supplying class-A controlled drugs.

However, in today’s opening, the inquest heard that the arrest is believed "not directly concerning the death of Carson".

Investigations into the death of the teenager are ongoing.

Carson’s body will now be released for funeral and the inquest will be adjourned to July 29.

Following his death, Carson's family paid tribute to him, saying: "Carson was bright and caring, kind and loving, he was a cheeky little boy.

"He was the best big brother and was loved and will be missed by so many."

A vigil was held in Ystrad Mynach Park, where Carson was found, last week, where hundreds of balloons were let off into the sky in his memory.

Carson’s mother, father and brother were at the vigil.

Speaking at the vigil, Carson’s family paid tribute to him, saying: “Carson was bright and caring, kind and loving, he was a cheeky little boy.

“He was the best big brother and was loved and will be missed by so many.

“From the bottom of our hearts, we’d like to thank all those that have taken the time to leave messages of condolences. Hearing your fond memories of Carson has brought us comfort during this terrible time. 

“We have been truly overwhelmed by the support we have received locally, nationally and from around the world.

“If anyone can help find those responsible, please come forward. Someone, somewhere must know information which could help. However small the detail may seem, please get in touch with Gwent Police to help them with their investigation.”

Following Carson’s death, Gwent Police issued a warning against “harassing, threatening and abusing people” on social media.

Superintendent Nick McLain reminded people that grossly offensive or indecent behaviour towards others online could result in a police investigation.

He said: “This is a very difficult time for Carson’s family and friends, school friends and for the community of Ystrad Mynach, but we’ve been told that there are some hurtful social media posts circulating about the events of Friday night.

“Please remember that harassing, threatening and abusing people on social media can be against the law.”