A 20-YEAR-OLD who suffered from paranoid schizophrenia and was found dead in his bedroom by his father died of “multi-drug-toxicity” after taking a “lethal cocktail” of illegal and prescribed drugs, an inquest heard.

Aaron Naylor, of Fleur-de-Lys, had traces of morphine, MDMA, ketamine, cocaine and possibly cannabis in his system, post mortem toxicology tests showed, as well as therapeutic levels of prescribed drugs.

His father, Alan Naylor, told the court his son’s medication, which included Diazepam, Haloperidol and Fluoxetine, had caused his sleeping pattern to reverse, meaning he slept most of the day and was up most of the night.

Mr Naylor saw his son at 4am on Tuesday August 14 last year, when he asked him to turn his television down.

He later saw Aaron at 9pm on the same day after he took him up a pizza.

“He was asleep,” said Mr Naylor.

“I left the pizza in the microwave for him, and left him a note. I didn’t see him again until the next morning.”

Mr Naylor described the heart-breaking moment he went into his son’s bedroom at 7.30am on August 15, and couldn’t wake him up.

“His mother had text me and asked me to check on him,” he explained.

“I don’t usually go in, because he slept all day usually.

“I couldn’t wake him up, so I called emergency services. They told me to put him on the floor and do CPR.

“I don’t know if I should blame myself. I don’t know if I could have saved him.”

Emergency services arrived , but were unable to save Aaron. PC Butler of Gwent Police noted that there was drug paraphernalia in his bedroom, but no evidence of a struggle or foul play.

Gwent Coroner Wendy James reassured Mr Naylor that based on the evidence she had heard, there was nothing he could have done to save Aaron after finding him on the morning of August 15.

“It’s clear from the evidence that Aaron had taken these substances in the time leading up to his death.

“The sad affects of these drugs would have been far worse because the drugs had been taken together.

“The lethal cocktail would have placed Aaron’s life in danger, and unfortunately and unexpectedly led to his death.”