AN 18-YEAR-OLD was running a lucrative heroin and crack cocaine drugs line that took an estimated £310,000 in just six months.

Joshua Moore was responsible for the Newport-based ‘Joe Line’ which was being contacted by an average of 25 customers a day.

The teenager was supplying high quality drugs with regular text bombs being sent out to addicts and using a runner to deliver door-to-door.

MORE NEWS: Balaclava-clad burglar smashed his way into Morrisons supermarket

William Bebb, prosecuting, said Moore would offer incentives to existing customers by offering them discounts if they put new clients his way.

He was arrested at an address in Drake Close, Ringland, Newport, in August following an early morning raid in August and his mobile phone seized and analysed.

A Gwent Police drugs expert estimated Moore could have made up to £255,000 selling heroin and £85,000 trafficking crack cocaine.

Mr Bebb told Cardiff Crown Court: “In his report, Detective Constable Sean Meyrick said this was not a fledgling operation.

“It would have taken a considerable amount of time to build up such a customer base.

“This was a lucrative and profitable business.”

One of the defendant’s phone messages to a client read: “I’m in Shaftesbury. I will get my runner to come and see you.”

Moore, of Crouch Close, Bettws, Newport, admitted being concerned in the supply of the class A drugs between January 31 and August 1.

The defendant also admitted possession of crack cocaine with intent to supply.

He had one previous conviction for three offences which included failing to provide a specimen.

Stuart John, mitigating, asked the court to take into account his client’s young age and to give him credit for his guilty pleas.

His lawyer said Moore was an expectant father.

The court was told the defendant became “isolated” during lockdown and came “under the influence of a negative peer group”.

Judge Michael Fitton QC told Moore he was involved in dealing “huge quantities of drugs”.

He said: “You were playing with fire. You found yourself in a situation that was well-nigh impossible to get out of.”

The defendant was sent to a young offender institution for three years.

He is set to face a Proceeds of Crime Act hearing on February 24, 2022.