THE devastated grandmother of a toddler who died after a wall collapsed at a family party, yesterday paid tribute to "a bubbly little boy" who was adored by all.

Connor Morgan was aged just 18 months when he died last month in the tragic accident.

The little boy, who lived with his parents Rachel and Craig in Markham, near Blackwood, had been playing football in the garden of his grandparents' house in Cefn Fforest Avenue, Cefn Fforest, during a family barbecue.

He was being lifted over a three-foot-high brick wall in the garden to retrieve the football when it collapsed on the evening of Thursday, August 7.

Connor was taken to the Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr Tydfil, but it was too late to save him.

Connor's grandmother, Anne Morgan, aged 46, who lives at the council house in Cefn Fforest Avenue, yesterday told the Argus about the family's grief after his tragic death.

She said: "It has had a totally devastating effect on our family.

"Connor was loved so much by his family and all his aunts and uncles. He was adored by everyone who knew him. He was such a happy little chappie, a bubbly little boy who never used to cry.

"He called me 'Mam' and he came here to visit from the day he was born. He was always here staying with us.

"I used to call him, 'Nanny's little Munchkin' because he was always eating. We are finding his death very hard to live with and his mum and dad are devastated."

Mrs Morgan said Connor would be greatly missed by his two brothers, seven-year-old Jordan and five-year-old Cory.

A family member said Connor's mother is expecting another child.

A Health and Safety Executive investigation is still taking place in conjunction with Gwent Police.

Caerphilly council is also carrying out an investigation.

Pat Williams, the coroner's officer for Bridgend, and Glamorgan Valleys' coroner Philip Walters, who is dealing with the incident, said they did not expect the inquest into Connor's death to take place for at least another two to three months.