KODY Davies is on course for a rapid return to action after further enhancing his burgeoning reputation as a fighter with a bright future at the O2 Arena in London last weekend.

Przemyslaw Gorgon felt the full force of the Welsh light-heavyweight’s punching power on Saturday night, succumbing to a first-round body shot that broke two of the Pole’s ribs.

Victory for the Pontllanfraith star maintained his unblemished record in the pro ranks, and he is already back in the gym preparing for his next outing.

Davies is set to be named on a show at London’s York Hall in mid-June where he will bid for a fifth straight success since switching to the paid code last year.

Up to now, the 23-year-old has been mightily impressive in despatching the opponents put in front of him.

He registered the second stoppage of his fledging career on the undercard of the Tony Bellew-David Haye rematch, doing so against a man who went into the bout with a winning record.

Gorgon came forward from the first bell and, in fairness, looked to take the fight to his rival, whose previous outing came a month earlier in Ebbw Vale.

But just as the opening round was nearing its conclusion, in stepped Davies with a blow to the body that proved too much for Gorgon to take.

The Welshman’s display was given the seal of approval by Haye and Richard Schaefer, who joined forces in early 2017 to form Hayemaker Ringstar Promotions, the company Davies is signed to.

Despite featuring in the second contest of the event, Davies’ performance would have also impressed the fans at the O2 and those watching the action live on Sky Sports Box Office.

Reflecting on his fourth triumph in as many fights, Davies said: “It was short and sharp.

“He came forward for the first two minutes but then I found my range and caught him with a body shot to end the fight.

“He was game and came to win but unfortunately for him I landed a well-placed shot to finish it.

“Obviously it was my first chance to make an impression on Sky Sports and I’m so glad that it went the way it did with a nice first-round KO.

“Richard Schaefer came into the dressing room afterwards and was impressed with how I fought, and I spoke to David Haye as well and he was impressed too.

"Everyone who came to support me was happy and I was glad I fought when I did because if I’d chosen to be a live floater then I might not have got on at all.

“I went on early because I didn’t want to risk bringing everyone from Wales and then not fighting because there was no room to get me on.”

He added: “It hasn’t been confirmed yet but it’s looking like I’ll be fighting again in the middle of June at York Hall.”