NEWPORT County AFC aren't setting the pace in League Two for the first time since October after Carlisle moved to top spot.

The Exiles had been top of the table since beating Bradford 10 weeks ago but their clash with Southend was postponed because of a frozen pitch

Second-placed Forest Green Rovers were denied the chance to climb to the head of the table when their game against Oldham was abandoned.

Rovers, who blew the chance to overtake County when stunned at home by Crawley in midweek, were level at the New Lawn.

Nicky Cadden had put Forest Green ahead in the 20th minute, only for Zak Dearnley to level in first-half stoppage time but the game was abandoned 13 minutes into the second half because of fog.

That allowed Carlisle to leap from third to first with a win at Walsall.

Omari Patrick opened the scoring for the visitors in the 26th minute before Joshua Kayode put the game out of reach with 12 minutes remaining.

First-half strikes from Adam May and Paul Mullin were enough for Cambridge to secure a 2-1 victory away at Grimsby.

May netted with just four minutes gone before Mullin doubled the visitors' advantage later in the first half.

Elliott Hewitt scored for the home side in the 72nd minute but the U's held firm, despite six minutes of injury time, to take all three points and climb up to fifth in the table.

Jordan Bowery hit a hat-trick as Mansfield ran out 4-0 winners against 10-man Port Vale.

Ollie Clarke scored the game's opening goal inside a minute with Bowery netting his first shortly after the half-hour mark.

Port Vale were already facing an uphill task when Leon Legge was sent off just two minutes after the interval.

Bowery scored from the penalty spot in the 77th minute before completing his treble three minutes later to secure a much-needed victory for the relegation-threatened side.

In-form Crawley maintained their promotion push with a 1-0 win at Bolton.

George Francomb scored the only goal of the game on the hour mark before Reiss Greenidge was sent off for Bolton deep into stoppage time.

Crawley, unbeaten in nine matches, are now sixth in the division, just five points behind leaders Carlisle.

At the other end of the table, Charlie Carter scored a first-half brace as Stevenage secured a 3-1 victory over relegation rivals Scunthorpe.

Devarn Green opened the scoring for the visitors with just five minutes on the clock only for Carter to haul Stevenage level six minutes later and then add a second in the 22nd minute.

Aramide Oteh bagged a third in stoppage time to complete the win for Stevenage, which takes them up to 22nd place and within three points of Scunthorpe.

Danny Johnson struck in the 31st minute to fire Leyton Orient to a 1-0 win over Salford.