TEENAGERS, those notoriously mercurial beasts, change their minds more than they change their socks, unfortunately.
Christmas, therefore, can be difficult for the discerning present buyer. What to get tricksy teens when fads come and go faster than Welsh rain? This gift guide aims to help you buy the coolest presents around for your not-so-little monsters.
1. Topman, Rap Colouring Book, £8 from www.topman.com. Bun B’s Jumbo Colouring and Rap Activity Book is a ‘collaborative effort between music icon Bun B and award-winning music critic Shea Serrano’. The book is made up of a collection of rap-related colouring and activity pages, and is billed for ‘rap fans, not kids.’ No doubt you’ll be the dopest parents in town if you buy this for your very own wannabe Vanilla Ice.
2. Armani Eau De Nuit 50ml, £48.50 from www.theperfumeshop.com. Apparently, Eau de Nuit is ‘the essence of elegance, evoking the magic moment when dusk evolves into night.’ So it’s perfect for the teenager who is just starting to schmooze the ladies and wants to impress.
3. River Island trainers, £35 from www.riverisland.com. These are definitely , like, really cool and look very similar to the tres a la mode designer hi-tops, but at a fraction of the price.
4. Burgundy Reindeer Socks, £3 from www.topman.com. Every man, no matter the age, needs at least one pair of novelty socks. This pair are a snip at just three quid, and will keep his tootsies warm to boot.
5. Light Grey Marl Christmas Bauble Mickey Printed Sweatshirt £26 from www.topman.com. This jumper is, as the kids say, well reem. LOL. But seriously, this lovely marl long sleeve sweatshirt brings a very cool twist to the usual gaudy Christmas jumper, and it’s one he won’t be embarrassed to wear outside the house. This jumper is limited edition and is only available online or from the London flagship store at Oxford Circus.
6. Vera Wang Be Jeweled EDP 75ml, £54.50 from www.theperfumeshop.com. This perfume is perfect for teenagers who don’t like the saccharine-sweet scent of other perfumes aimed at a younger audience. Billed as ‘fruity floral’, it features notes of red currants with a splash of champagne. Glamour incarnate.
7. Rihanna for River Island black G4life underwear set £25. Apparently G4LIFE is a reference to Rihanna's song, 'G4L', or 'Gangster for life', as well as a reggae artist named Ñengo Flow who made mixtapes under the name Real G4 Life. So, you’ll get some real kudos from your little angel when you casually drop your knowledge of obscure hip hop artistes into conversation.
8. Topshop Stripe Bunny Scrunchie, £4 from www.topshop.com. This scrunchie is adorable, and will suit all girls aged 4-19. Perfecto.
9. Topshop Sno Faux Fur Earmuffs, £12 from www.topshop.com. Fluffy? Check. Cool brand? Check. Keeps ears warm? Check! These earmuffs are too cute, and practical as well.
10. ASOS Kilt Skirt in Tartan Check Print £40 from www.asos.com