Firefighters rescue person from Bettws flat fire

Firefighters rescue person from Bettws flat fire

Firefighters rescue person from Bettws flat fire

First published in News
Last updated

FIRE crews rescued a person from a fire in Bettws after the kitchen caught fire.

The casualty was given oxygen at the scene and was left in the hands of paramedics and was taken to the Royal Gwent Hospital in Newport.

Firefighters were called to the blaze in the kitchen of a first floor flat in Medway Court, Bettws, at 4.26pm yesterday.

Crews tackled the fire using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and one safety jet.

The fire service left the scene at 5.18pm.

The Welsh Ambulance Service said a paramedic in a rapid response car and a crew in an emergency ambulance attended.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree