Man rescued from house fire in Maindee

Man rescued from house fire in Maindee

Man rescued from house fire in Maindee

First published in Gwent news
Last updated

UPDATE: 9.11am

Police confirmed that they are not treating the fire as suspicious.

Nobody else was injured in the fire and the man rescued from the roof was taken to the Royal Gwent Hospital after suffering from the effects of smoke inhalaltion, but is not in a serious condition.

UPDATE: 8.33am

A MAN was rescued from the roof of a house in Maindee this morning after a fire spread on the third floor of the property.

South Wales Fire and Rescue crews from Maindee, Malpas, and Duffryn, were called to the property on Llanwern Street, Maindee, Newport, at 2.35am.

The fire was located on the third floor landing of the three-storey, mid-terrace house.

Fire crews used four breathing apparatus; one safety jet; one positive pressure ventilator fan; two hose reel jets, and two thermal image cameras to put out the fire.

A man was rescued from the roof of the house by fire crews using a seven metre ladder.

The man was then assessed by paramedics on the scene.

Gwent police were also in attendance.

Comments (0)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree