NEWPORT Gwent Dragons head coach Darren Edwards insists there is no time for wallowing after a fourth successive loss.

The Dragons head to Glasgow on Friday following a disheartening 46-19 loss to RaboDirect Pro12 leaders Ulster at Rodney Parade.

After a meek derby loss to the Scarlets and Amlin Challenge Cup defeats to Wasps and Bayonne, there is a pretty toxic feeling among the Dragons faithful.

Given the region’s struggles on their travels – they have failed to earn a single point away from home this season – a trip to Glasgow is not an ideal fixture.

But the head coach says they just got to crack on and start earning points.

“We’ve just got to roll our sleeves up and go again,” said Edwards. “That’s all we can do.

“We just have to keep on battling as hard as we can.

“It’s tough but that’s rugby and we will be ready to go again in Glasgow.

“This is what we do and we just have to keep our heads on the task.

“It is tough for players and coaches when the performance lets you down. We were capable of a much better performance against Ulster, as we demonstrated in the first half.

“It was game-on at half-time and we could easily have been going in with the lead.

“But when you are unable to maintain that intensity and those standards it hurts.”

The Dragons headed to the changing-room 19-16 down thanks to an Andy Tuilagi try and 11 points from the boot of Tom Prydie, but they failed to score in the second half, fell off tackles and shipped three more tries to the league leaders.

Edwards said: “Our problems were not just down to our defence – our kicking game let us down in terms of field position and we didn’t put them under any pressure with our attacking game.

“On the whole I was pleased with the first half, apart from two really disappointing tries (Tom Court’s coming from a forward pass and Ruan Pienaar’s from a chargedown).

“We kept the scoreboard ticking over and were working hard to compete.

“That was where it should have been in the second half but our whole game fell apart under the pressure from Ulster.

“It was important that we came out well and set the tone but instead we conceded a penalty from the kick-off and it got really tough from there on in.

“They turned their game on and we failed to respond.”