South Wales Argus renews partnership deal with Newport County AFC
9:01am Thursday 3rd July 2014 in Sport
NEWPORT County AFC and the South Wales Argus have extended their official media partnership to cover the 2014-15 season.
While the club and the Argus have enjoyed a healthy relationship previously, it was cemented in an official partnership last season, which will continue again next season.
County Chief Executive Dave Boddy said: “We are pleased to be extending the agreement for the coming season.
"It is always important for a provincial city football club to have a good working relationship with its local newspaper, and we have an excellent one.
"Last season’s agreement was a good one for both, but the agreement for this coming season is even better and will extend our coverage and reach to the Argus group's weekly papers and websites as well.”
Argus editor Kevin Ward said: “I’m delighted the Argus will again be County’s official media partner for the club’s second season back in the Football League.
“This agreement for the 2014-15 season simply reinforces the partnership between County and the Argus, a relationship that covers the entirety of the club’s history, and provides the club with vital promotional space within our newspapers and websites.
“The Argus has covered the County at Somerton Park, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucester, Spytty Park and now Rodney Parade – we were there when no other media was interested and we are here when the club has its highest media profile since its reformation 25 years ago.
“We look forward to many more years of working closely with the club on and off the field.”