IN the Dennis Herbert Senior Bowl Pill AFC eased past Cromwell Youth 6-2, to enter the next round.

Leo Ross (two), Christopher Prince (two), Arron Compton and Danny Cole got the Pill goals.

In the Greyhound Junior Cup, Racing Club Newport won 6-0 against Newport Eagles 2nds, their goals coming from Craig Bourne (pen), Darren Walker, Chris James, Clifford Bale, Liam Tucker plus an own goal.

In the Premier X Pontnewydd United remained top without kicking a ball as Oakfield Inn withdrew from the league, due to lack of player support. FC Boilermakers moved into second place after a 7-0 win over Athletico Cwmbran. Cwmcarn Athletic continued their good form with a 3-1 win away to Villa Dino Christchurch. Karol Tomaszuk, Glen Perry and Darryl Brass scored.

Machen FC won 4-0 at home to the Docks Cons. Goals from Carl Jones, Nick Henderson and Jacob Harris (two), saw Newport Eagles land a 4-2 win away at Llanyrafon.

AC Pontymister has opened up a six point lead at the top of Premier Y, after a 6-0 win away to Malpas United.

Jamie Lewis (three), Dave Cleere, Rhys Cleere and Adam Morris scored. Second placed Albion Rovers kept the pressure on after a 7-0 win at home to Newport Corinthians, their goals coming from Adam Savigar, Barry Bardsley, Chris Knight (two), Michael Harrison (two) and Ian Vaughan.

Trethomas Bluebirds gained their second win of the season with a 3-1 win against Cwmbran Celtic, Rhys Fishbourne, James Symes and Adam Richards scored.

Seven goals from Nick Blub (three), Omar Watson (two), Chris Rees and Lee Souter, gave Lliswerry a 7-1 win away at Cwmbran Town.

Marshfield won 3-2 away at Lucas Cwmbran. Two goals from Josh Burrows and Michael Andreson gave Spencer Boys Club a 2-1 win against Coed Eva Athletic.

Ponthir remain top of Division One after a 3-2 win away at AC Pontymister with Michael Dixon and Aysa Al-Doori getting the goals.

Pioneer SC, who have a two games in hand advantage won 5-1 at home to Maesglas United to remain one point behind in second place.

Crosskeys moved out of the bottom two after a 4-2 win at home to Villa Dino Christchurch. Lliswerry won 3-2 at home to Cwmbran Town, with Ryan Brown, Kirk Smith and Sean Ahearn scoring.

Pill AFC moved into third place after a 6-0 win against a poor Shaftesbury Youth side. Kyle Griffiths, Leon Jones and Joe Brown netted two goals each. The game between K2 AFC and Albion Rovers was postponed.

In Division Two, Infusion sports bar increased their hundred percent record to nine straight wins after a 4-0 win away to Albion Rovers. Alex Sim, Mike Vaux, Leroy Brown and Neil Leeson scored. Infusion has an eight-point lead over second placed Docks Cons, who won 9-1 at home to Cromwell Youth. Craig Lewis, John Weir, Terry Barry (four), Ryan Edwards, David Miller and Blane Bowden hit the net for the Dockers.

Cwmcarn Athletic 2nds made it a club winning double with a 4-2 win against Caerleon Town. Dean Johnson, Wayne Pewtner, Arron Proctor plus one own goal did the damage. Bettws Socialdad moved into third place after an exciting 5-4 win away at Pontnewydd United.

Division Three leaders Racing Club Newport are living up to their name with eight wins from eight, moving eight point ahead of their nearest rivals. Goals from Garry Tovey (three), Carl Bale (two) and Kurtis Sanders helped Racing Club beat Coed Eva Athletic 6-3 at Southfields.

AC Pontymister could only manage a 4-4 draw away to Spencer Boys Club. Riverside Rovers won 5-3 at home to Ponthir, with goals from Milos Vujasinovic (three), Luke Naylon and Jay De-Gilbert. Llanyrafon won 5-2 away to Pill.

In the Sunday league two goals from Andrew Cornwall and Ryan Cook gave the leaders Docks Cons a 2-1 win against St Julians Old Boys, to go three points clear at the top.

RMS Llanwern United gained their first win of the season with a 4-2 win over Pavilions. Rogerstone United moved into second place after a 6-2 win over Lysaghts FC.

Duffryn Wanderers reached the final of the Monmouthshire Building Society Sunday Cup after a 5-3 win over Real Bettws.

Goals from Jordan Smith (2), Daniel Bennett, Jack O’Shea and a wonder goal, from near the halfway line by Luke Upham, saw Duffryn join Lysaghts FC in the final in April.